US Department of State Consular Adjudicator Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Consular Adjudicator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 11+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of State in June 2012.

I found a position on USAJOBS.gov. I applied, passed an initial stage, and then passed an initial language stage. Afterwards, I was told to prepare the e-QIP security clearance application and flew to Washington DC for an interview. The entire process took 6 months.

The interview actually takes up about an entire day. The morning section consisted of tests, then a formal interview. Once I got the results, I came in for the afternoon for the language test. After I passed that section, I had to complete the rest of the security protocols.

Interview Questions
  • Most questions revolve around the skillset that the position required. There were no out-of-the-blue questions.   Answer Question
There was no negotiation phase as I was only offered a conditional offer. A complete offer was only after a successful security clearance and suitability phase which I did not pass.