US Department of State
US Department of State Financial Management Officer Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Intern (15)
- Foreign Service Officer (12)
- Foreign Affairs Officer (4)
- IT Specialist (2)
- Passport Specialist (2)
- FSO (2)
- Financial Analyst (1)
- Security Assistant (1)
- Office Management Specialist (1)
- Mechanical Engineer (1)
- Program Assistant (1)
- Program Manager (1)
- Broadcast Engineer (1)
- Consular Agent (1)
- Diplomatic Security Special Agent (1)
- Fulbright (1)
- US Foreign Service Officer (1)
- Financial Management Officer (1)
- Entry Level Planner (1)
- English Language Fellow (1)
- CSC Intern (1)
- Foreign Service Specialist (1)
- Political Specialist (1)
- PD Assistant (1)
- Undergraduate/Graduate Internships (1)
- Econ Analyst (1)
- Public Affairs Officer Intern (1)
- Political Analyst Intern (1)
- Consular Adjudicator (1)
- Facility Manager (1)
Very Easy Interview
Financial Management Officer Interview (Neutral Experience; Very Easy Interview)
I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at US Department of State in March 2009.
Interview Details – 1) Submit a very involved application on line
2) Called in for oral interview with 2 individuals who are HR people and therefore, know nothing about what the job actually entails. They read from a script.
3) If you pass, you then go through a year long medical and security background check
4) If you pass those, you are put in a roster.
5) If there is an opening and if there is no one ahead of you in the roster, you get a call. The rankings in the roster is dependent on how well you did in the oral interview. Once you're on the roster, the call can take up to 2 years, but is typically between a year to two.
6) I believe you are dropped from the roster if you're not called after 3 years. After all the tax payer's expense in running your security background check and medical exam, it is a tremendous waste.
Interview Question – How would you save money if the Ambassador said the Embassy needs to cut 10% off the budget? View Answer
Negotiation Details – None. There is a very fixed schedule (table) based on your work experience and education and there is no room for negotiation.
Interviews for Top Jobs at US Department of State