US Department of State

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at US Department of State in December 2008.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter for work as a Software Engineer on long term contract position. After a brief phone screen of what I was looking for, I heard back from the recruiter that the State Dept was interested in interviewing me that week. Interview was fairly laidback with two people (project managers). It lasted about an hour and I was told that I was accepted a few days later. Guess it was a short process since it was a Contract job.

Interview Question – Business Intelligence/Reporting skills were emphasized   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not sure how flexible they are. I had quoted a decent rate and took it.

Worked for US Department of State? Contribute to the Community!