US Department of Treasury

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.6

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Department of Treasury.

I was contacted by email about an interview. Since I was a bit far from DC I was given a phone interview. The questions were pretty general and none were too difficult.

Domestic Finance Interview

Simple fit questions - wasn't too difficult. Asked about my weaknesses, my background in classes and why I was interested in economics. The people interviewing me were very friendly.

Program Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Department of Treasury in August 2014.

The first interview was fairly easy. They explained what the department does. Then they asked questions like where do you see yourself in 5 yrs, greatest accomplishment and why, and what was my past work experience.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Department of Treasury in July 2014.

applied online through USA jobs and was contacted by a special assistant about a month later. first interview lasted only 5-10 minutes and was mostly about the position. second interview was with deputy secretary and lasted 25 minutes.

NA

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Department of Treasury in April 2014.

I submitted my application through my school careers website and secondarily at USAJobs. While I initially wanted to serve in the Office of Economic Policy, my resume application was declined, but it was redirected to all other offices. Within a month, a manager from another office (who eventually became my immediate supervisory) contacted me via email and arraigned a phone interview. By the end of the phone interview we had scheduled a final interview for the week after, however, the offer for the final interview was rescinded two days later, as she called by to extend me the position.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate the start date and the end date, on the fly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Treasury in March 2014.

Applied on USA jobs for a Summer internship with OCIO, heard back 3 months later. Only had one phone interview lasting about 30 minutes, with all behavioral and background questions. It was almost too easy. The manager said at the end of the interview that I would receive an offer email by the end of the week.

Internship is unpaid

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Department of Treasury.

The interview process was in-person but very casual.

Volunteer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Department of Treasury.

I applied online through USA Jobs and was contacted a few weeks lated via email for a phone interview. I went through two rounds of phone interviews. The first was with one person (seemed like an administrative assistant) and the second was with two people, a manager and an employee.

Interview Questions
    • The first round was very straightforward. The second round had more difficult interview questions but none stood out as being ridiculously hard. A lot of them were just about my college experience and what I wanted to do in the future.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Unpaid internship.

Auditor Interview

Practice the interview in roleplays. Have good experience and technical qualifications such as a CPA and MBA to be competitive.

Interview Questions
    • Plan your case work and decision making ability in a case scenerio.   Answer Question

Program Officer Interview