US Department of Treasury Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Department of Treasury.

Interview

Online assessment
    Telephone assessment
    Three person panel approx. 15 minutes
    Interviews are usually done in groups for csr positions.
    First you fill out a bunch of paperwork. Even if you don't get a job offer

Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Department of Treasury.

Interview

nice people, very friendly, just be yourself and study up why you want to be in the department. It really depends on what division you want to get into work in

IT Specialist (2210) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at US Department of Treasury (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through a referral. I was contacted to arrange a brief phone screening, which turned out to be a 1+ hour technical interview with the work team. The questions were very unexpected and unrelated to my work experience. Several administrative questions such as employment dates that were already on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe the following: Wi-Fi traffic scanning, WLAN channels, signal to noise, and security protocols.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Department of Treasury.

Interview

Submitted my resume through USAJobs, received an e-mail asking for a phone interview
    First interview- two interviewers were on the line. Basic questions. About 30 minutes
    Second interview- higher up within the office, about 20 minutes

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses? Why do you want to work for the public sector?   Answer Question

Management and Program Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at US Department of Treasury.

Interview

It was one phone interview with typical behavioral questions. It was two interviewers through a conference call. They scheduled the call with me after I applied through the USA JOBS portal. The entire process took a total of 4 weeks. The people at the office were very fast at responding to questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Department of Treasury.

Interview

I was contacted by email about an interview. Since I was a bit far from DC I was given a phone interview. The questions were pretty general and none were too difficult.

Multilateral Development Banks Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at US Department of Treasury (Washington, DC) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview process was a single round phone interview. I was contacted by email by the deputy director of the office after applying to a general listing on USAJobs. The interview was general background questions followed by a few international development related questions to get a measure of how you think about international development and if you can generally form coherent arguments about relevant development challenges. Overall not a difficult interview if you have a background in development.

Interview Questions

• What are three prominent development challenges in a region of your choice and why?   Answer Question

Domestic Finance Interview

Interview

Simple fit questions - wasn't too difficult. Asked about my weaknesses, my background in classes and why I was interested in economics. The people interviewing me were very friendly.

Program Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Department of Treasury in August 2014.

Interview

The first interview was fairly easy. They explained what the department does. Then they asked questions like where do you see yourself in 5 yrs, greatest accomplishment and why, and what was my past work experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Department of Treasury in July 2014.

Interview

applied online through USA jobs and was contacted by a special assistant about a month later. first interview lasted only 5-10 minutes and was mostly about the position. second interview was with deputy secretary and lasted 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NA