US Department of Treasury

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.5

Auditor Interview

Practice the interview in roleplays. Have good experience and technical qualifications such as a CPA and MBA to be competitive.

Interview Questions
    • Plan your case work and decision making ability in a case scenerio.   Answer Question

Program Officer Interview

Horrible

N/A.

Auditor Interview

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Treasury.

I got my first and second round interview within 30 days of putting in my application, however my candidacy stalled when the agency put on an unofficial hiring freeze due to a continuing budget resolution in Congress. Treasury called me 6 months later to see if I was still interested.

Interview Questions
    • If someone where to write a biography about you, what would the title be and why?   Answer Question
    I was able to negiotate a salary 4 steps above the initial offer.

Summer Intern Interview

Originally applied for an office which had already filled all of its summer positions. My application was passed on to another office. They reached out to me. Went in for an hour long interview. Asked me to walk them through the macroeconomic situation facing a country of my choice. Then asked some technical questions and why I wanted to intern there.

Interview Questions
    • What would you expect the effect of an oil subsidy on an oil producing country's current account to be?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Department of Treasury in August 2013.

A pretty short interview that went over my experience and education from my resume. Set up an interview through email and hear back in a week or so.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing about you I couldn't find out from your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at US Department of Treasury in April 2013.

Applied on USA Jobs in February. Got the call for the interview in late April.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't difficult at all. Just asking about availability and about software applications with which I had familiarity.   Answer Question

Assistant National Bank Examiner Interview

Applied online for the position-took some time, but simple enough to follow. Application was done through USAJOBS.gov. Was then prompted by email to schedule a test at a testing site. The first part was a 75 multiple choice question exam on basic accounting/finance principles. If you pass that, you move onto a written exam. The multiple choice exam was not difficult, but if you have never taken an accounting course or much of finance (like me), you will definitely need to study the concepts that they give you in the topic list.

Interview Questions
    • For the multiple choice test, make sure you know formulas and how to solve basic things on an income/balance statement. There is math involved.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at US Department of Treasury in January 2013.

Applied online. Got a call from a program analyst to come for an interview. The interview lasted about an hour. We schmoozed about school projects and experiences. They told me the type of work I would be dealing with

Interview Questions
    • When you messed something up, what did you do about it.   Answer Question

Pressman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at US Department of Treasury in December 2012.

Received a phone call and scheduled a interview.Was interviewed by a group of 4 people;which was very pleasant experience,no pressure.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty much about my experience with presses and tools.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Department of Treasury in January 2012.

basic macroeconomic questions....what variables you have to look at for some issues...

Interview Questions
    • how to evaluate a bank? how to solve trade imbalance between china and us?   Answer Question