US Department of Veterans Affairs IT Specialist Interview Questions

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Washington, DC).

Interview

The Interview was easy and straight forward. Few technical questions and more questions about situations I have encountered and how I handled them and some personality questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Applied online;

Interview Questions

• a virtual panel interview was very difficult because you are speaking to 3 people on the phone, and cannot read their expressions as you provide an answer. All the questions are scripted, and are multipart, so it's difficult to know if you said enough (or too much) on a specific question. (i.e. Tell us about a time you handled a difficult customer or co-worker. How did you handle that situation, and what was the outcome?)   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. If my former salary had been higher than the offered salary, I could have requested to be placed in the step that was closest to my former salary. I was told that upfront when the offer was made. I would have been asked to submit proof of that former salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheyenne, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Cheyenne, WY) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview that lasted about one hour.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, I was able to answer everything they asked   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. It was here is your salary and when can you start.

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in March 2012.

Interview

The VA interviews on a system which is referred to as performance based interviewing (PBI). A Google search will yield a whole website dedicated to this style of Interviewing, hosted by the VA.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a conflict with a fellow employee and how you resolved it. Did you resolve the issue independently, through an intermediary, or with the assistance of a supervisor?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Boston, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

very structured interview and technical.

Interview Questions

• The old what would you do in a stressful situation question   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation