US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Medical Reimbursements Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in August 2013.

No interview. The HR office called me and offered me the job. This is an entry level position with high turn over so they try to get as many people in the system as possible. I had no prior experience in the exact duties, just general office skills.

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Research Support Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 8 months - interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Group interview by hiring manager and peers. Zero knowledge of modern day HR methods. Uninspired questions that were geared more toward self-assessment, but offered no real candidate insight. For example: on a scale of 1 to 10, tell me how well you do X. (Now imagine that question repeated 5 times, each with a different X, and no follow-up questions.)

Interview Questions
    • There was none. The entire process seemed embarrassingly unprofessional and stale.   Answer Question
    5 months later, I recieved a job offer, in the mail. Still laid off, and desperate for work, I took the position. I'm a top performer, and acknowledged as such by managment. But I'm painfully unhappy.

Research Associate Interview

really informal and unprofessional at the location i was at in LA, guy never called even after i left a message to follow up on, i would say go try the interview process bt dont expect to come back with any good hope and will be left guessing for weeks on what happened

Interview Questions

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in July 2014.

I applied online June 8th and was called for an interview on July 11th. I submitted a copy of my certification, college diplomas, fire/cpr/bls cards and resume. They asked me to bring a list of references to the interview. I spoke to a panel of 3 RNs that work on the unit. They took turns asking me questions that were mainly of a customer care nature.

Primary Care Giver Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in August 2013.

Requires experience and understanding from civilian or ex-military employees. I was able to get the job fairly quickly because I am prior military, I understand house chores, and I am able to hold in the face of drug addicted anger.

No negotiation.
    The job requires living with disabled military and is set at a standard base pay.

Medical Support Assistant Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

had a telephone interview and then a face to face interview with three people on a panel. Was shown around the facility, and introduced to the staff who worked there.

Interview Questions
    • Describe to me an incident that you had with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Juan, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Very basic questions regarding my experience and education. The supervisor explained to me the office's organization, protocols and objectives. It is very important for this office that you are a bilingual person.

Police Officer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

one interview with a panel, and a series of 4 questions per member. The entire process took almost a year from applying to getting hired. After getting hired even if you were a seasoned Police Officer you still have to attend their joke and a waste of an academy.

Interview Questions
    • when did you disagree with a supervisor and what was the outcome,   Answer Question
    there was none

VA Work Study Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in February 2013.

Submitted App, received call within days, phone interview and was offered the job instantly ( I made it top applicant due to my transcript, military background and experience) Due to my educational background I made the candidate top list, the VA works with students and I was unformed about flexibility for students

None-as is pay

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in September 2013.

The interview was very straight forward with typical questions expected of a government job. Examples-- What have you had to overcome in the past? When have you had to display leadership in an unexpected situation? What experiences have you to be the person you are today? Are you prepared to move where you're needed?

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example of an adverse event or experience and explain how you overcame this obstacle?   Answer Question

Worked for US Department of Veterans Affairs? Contribute to the Community!