US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

You are in a small office with three members of management. Generally they are from various teams within that department. They each take turns reading from scripted questions that they have to ask everybody. Individuals who like you will conversation more, those who are not interested will get straight to the point and only talk about the questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you lead a project. What was accomplished and how did you go about completing the various tasks.   Answer Question

VALOR Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

An application was sent to my pharmacy school, and I had to fill it out along with submitting my resume and my DD 214. The requirement was that I had to make sure to have at least a 3.0 in my pharmacy classes and that I had an interest in working for the VA after graduation.

Interview Questions

• I had no formal interview with the company in order to be selected as a VALOR student for the summer   Answer Question

Police Officer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Interview was a standard board style interview for federal jobs. You sit in front of 3 senior officers and they ask you 12 questions. The interview is a Behavior Based Interview. I recommend searching Behavior Based Interview on google and do a little research on them before going. It will help you a lot and give you an idea about the types of questions they ask. I could tell you the questions they asked but it wouldn't help because they don't ask the same questions every time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Department of Veterans Affairs Police Service?   1 Answer

Veteran Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The whole from beginning to starting was about 3 months. I applied, was notified about a 1 1/2 months of an interview. About a month after that I was selected for the position. I started about week weeks after been notified of selection. One thing I liked was that We were allowed to write the questions down.

Interview Questions

• I d not remember the questions, but they had to do with my previous jobs. They were questions that you could necessarily prepare for based on commonly asked interview questions. I will say that I had questions and each of those had 3-4 sub-question within.   Answer Question

Rating Veterans Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

It was very simple. Only 2 people in the panel. All questions are on the VA website. The Panel describes the job that you applying for and they give you very in-depth information about the process and what you will be doing.

Contract Specialist (GS-12) Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

It was a performance based interview with at least three people on the panel. It wasn't job specific, it seemed to be more focused on how you would react in certain scenarios, and you are expected to provide in detail the story that pertains to their question. Immediately after the interview I received a call asking me for my references.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a difficult customer, how did you handle it   1 Answer

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Detroit, MI).

Interview

It was a long process. I was interviewed in February and did not hear anything until April. The interview was with 2 nurses asking questions that is on the web site. There is a list of questions on the web site that the interviewee can review. I did this and felt the overall experience was good. Although i worked third shift the night before and felt i could have done better if i had more sleep. When i left i was not sure if i would get a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for the VA?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not receive one at this point, i am waiting and hopeful it will be very soon.

Exercise Physiologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had two separate phone interviews. First the call comes in like the Illuminati with a blocked phone number and someone asks you to schedule a time. They called me both times within about 10 minutes of the scheduled time. I spoke with a panel of two MD's and the second time also with an exercise physiologist working in rehab. Questions mostly just asked about my qualifications and willingness to relocate to and to perform the duties. We joked around a lot, lighthearted stuff, and he made cracks at Texas (my state) while I joked about California (his state). The Clippers and the Spurs were in the playoffs against each other during the first phone interview and we talked about that a little too. He was a graceful winner and didn't bring it up during the second interview (but hey, they went all the way to Game 7).

Interview Questions

• You have a patient come in late for his cardiac rehab appointment. He's clearly rushed in. His HR is 100 BPM and his BP is 180/86. He has already missed 15 minutes of his exercise intervention. What do you do?   1 Answer

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Began with the application and I heard back about 3 weeks later that I passed the initial screening. Next, about another 3 weeks I received an email to set up a phone interview a week later. Waiting to hear back about setting up an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Similar questions to the online question examples on their website about past experiences.   Answer Question

Information Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Boston, MA).

Interview

It was a 3 panel interview with about 10 behavior base questions. you are also given a tour of the facilies. Interview could last up to an hour long. Took about 2 months in waiting from first applied.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you implemented a new idea and finished it?   Answer Question