US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.9

Information Technology Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Boston, MA).

Interview

It was a 3 panel interview with about 10 behavior base questions. you are also given a tour of the facilies. Interview could last up to an hour long. Took about 2 months in waiting from first applied.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you implemented a new idea and finished it?   Answer Question

Veteran Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Anchorage, AK) in March 2015.

Interview

It went well and everyone was friendly. It was a two person panel with five questions which were PBI. Overall it was easier than I thought. I prepped for the PBI questions and a lot of what I saw on glassdoor was hopeful in regards to the content of the questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled an irate co-worker   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Supply Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

Panel Intetview. I was asked 5 questions that were based on my knowledge of supply chain as well as how well I would handle conflict and working with a team. Standard questions and at the end asked if I had any questions of my own. I can't remember the questions verbatim but we're along the lines of

1. Give an example of how you worked with an individual that was negative and describe what you did to work together.

I was extremely detailed about all questions and used the S.T.A.R interview method I learned from another panel interview.

Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Intense. You have to answer PBI questions. Great screening process. Be prepared with outcomes, and current knowledge of position you are applying for. You are expected to answer 7-10 PBI, Which means performance based interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle this specific situation? What did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Medical Support Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was with a panel of three people. It was very laid back and i was asked scenario based question; most of them were easy to answer. They asked a lot about who you are as a person, I guess to see if they will like you before they hire you. In all it wasn't a horrible experience and I found it to be fun. Like I said they were very laid back and we were cracking jokes in between questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the Department of Veterans Affairs?   Answer Question

Veteran Service Representative Interview

Interview

Applied on Thursday (12/18) , Interview on Monday (12/22). Have not received an offer as of 12/30.

Panel interview with 2 people. They asked 5 questions (see below) and then I was given the opportunity to ask questions and/or give any additional statements.

After the interview, I had to give a computer-based writing sample. I had 30 minutes to answer the following question:

Based on your knowledge of the job description, how will your strengths significantly impact the performance of this office?

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about a time you took leadership of an organizational change. What was successful/unsuccessful? Looking back, is there anything you would change?

2) Tell me about a time you had to get someone to accept a new idea. How did you go about it? What was the outcome?

3) Tell me about a time you had to tell someone something they didn't want to hear? What was the result? What would you change?

4) Tell me about a suggestion you have made to your supervisor in the past year. How did you come up with the ideas? What happened? How do you feel about the way things went?

5) Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision on your own. How did you go about it? When do you need to seek assistance? What was the outcome?

Answer Question

Inpatient Medical Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Pitts, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Used Performance based interviewing. Was provided 5 questions on a sheet of paper and asked to answer in the "STAR" format. Could take notes if needed. Questions are designed to have you think back to your experiences in previous jobs and apply those situations to how you answer the questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received negative feedback
      Describe a time when you did not agree with your supervisor

Answer Question

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Went to a job fair took an qualified exam test and filled out application. Was accepted to do an interview,Interview was filled with scenario based questions. We were asked to wait for a while so they can interview us and we talked with each other about it. They had us review the question prior before getting the interview.

Health Systems Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Longer then I expected to be contacted for interview. Panel of two supervisors with about 5 questions each. Basic interview questions for the most part. Waiting for them to initiate the background check.

Interview Questions

• What is the most stressful situation you have ever been in and how did you react?   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

Application, then phone or in-person interview about area of expertise with psychologists. The whole process was very similar across the different sites. Somewhat flexible on dates to interview as well.