US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.8

Information Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Boston, MA).

Interview

It was a 3 panel interview with about 10 behavior base questions. you are also given a tour of the facilies. Interview could last up to an hour long. Took about 2 months in waiting from first applied.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you implemented a new idea and finished it?   Answer Question

Claims Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was an 8 question behavioral interview conducted by two managers. It also included a writing assignment at the end -- the types number of questions contained in the writing assignment is dependent upon the type (phone/in-person), manager, and other variables. Also, the time you are allotted to complete the assignment is dependent upon the same variables. The behavioral portion is standard for the government; the interviewer, for the most part, is reading off of a script.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you encountered a difficult customer. What did you do and what was the outcome. When you encounter a problem, what are the steps you use to correct the perceived problem?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was with a panel of three people. It was very laid back and i was asked scenario based question; most of them were easy to answer. They asked a lot about who you are as a person, I guess to see if they will like you before they hire you. In all it wasn't a horrible experience and I found it to be fun. Like I said they were very laid back and we were cracking jokes in between questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the Department of Veterans Affairs?   Answer Question

Veteran Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Anchorage, AK) in March 2015.

Interview

It went well and everyone was friendly. It was a two person panel with five questions which were PBI. Overall it was easier than I thought. I prepped for the PBI questions and a lot of what I saw on glassdoor was hopeful in regards to the content of the questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled an irate co-worker   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Supply Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

Panel Intetview. I was asked 5 questions that were based on my knowledge of supply chain as well as how well I would handle conflict and working with a team. Standard questions and at the end asked if I had any questions of my own. I can't remember the questions verbatim but we're along the lines of 1. Give an example of how you worked with an individual that was negative and describe what you did to work together. I was extremely detailed about all questions and used the S.T.A.R interview method I learned from another panel interview.

Advanced Medical Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Livermore, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quickly set up and brief in nature. I received a phone call from a HR rep on Friday who invited me for a phone interview. The interview was set up the following Monday, and the interviewer called me sharply on the time of our appointment. The interview questions were easy and was based mostly on behavior. If your prepare prior to the interview you will do just fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, define teamwork, tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult customer or co-worker   Answer Question

Cardiology Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Long Beach, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Still ongoing , background check is in process. I applied for a position that I have experience with , but my experience and classroom training was another field, but they are related ! Heart & Lungs .

Interview Questions

• Interested in how a Respiratory Therapist ended up with 23 years experience in Cardiology. I was crossed trained at a prior facility which made the cross-over easy . The VA is more able to train you into a compatable field that can utilize your expertise and experience ! They look for dedicated employees who are dependable and treat veterans as Heros   1 Answer

Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Intense. You have to answer PBI questions. Great screening process. Be prepared with outcomes, and current knowledge of position you are applying for. You are expected to answer 7-10 PBI, Which means performance based interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle this specific situation? What did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Vsr Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Little Rock, AR) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted an online resume, first a screening of multiple candidate - a meet and greet to explain the position and make sure you even want the job, then a short in person interview and finally a writing sample

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to serve Veterans?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Medical Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Eugene, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

I was called just one day after the position closed I interviewed with the department manager and another lady three days after the position closed. The interview took only about five minutes and I'm glad, because I was very nervous. I was made a tentative offer the very next week. I was then sent to a VA close to me in order to undergo physical and fingerprint check.

Interview Questions

• Name something I went over and beyond for a previous patient.   Answer Question