US Department of Veterans Affairs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Analyst Interview

Program Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online - interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in May 2010.

Interview Details – application then telephonic interview

Interview Question – Understanding and input for strategic plan for the future to improve dellivery of services to our veterans   View Answer

Negotiation Details – eay

Social Worker Interview

Social Worker
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person - interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in April 2010.

Interview Details – Required detailed KSA form and numerous other forms for submittal.

Interview Question – What was your most difficult case?   View Answer

Administrative Officer Interview

Administrative Officer

I applied online - interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in April 2012.

Interview Details – long process

Interview Question – all were standard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations as current govt employee

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in May 2010.

Interview Details – Submit a resume to areas you know are hiring. When you find a good fit, submit a formal application to HR. I interviewed with a lot of different labs here before finding a good fit. This can be a lengthy process, took 4 months from point of interview to start date.

Interview Question – The interview was very casual and more about fitting long term career goals with the opportunities that would be available in the position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Service Desk Technician Interview

Service Desk Technician
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in June 2012.

Interview Details – Formatted and submitted my resume. Stayed in touch with the hiring manager to see what exactly he was looking for in an employee. Studied to keep my skills current. Interviewed with the hiring manager and also interviewed the hiring manager to show interest in this company.

Interview Question – Where do I see myself in 3 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasnt any. The salary was already set for the position.

Medical Reimbursement Technician Interview

Medical Reimbursement Technician

Interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs

Interview Details – know about the organization, its mission and values

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Case Manager Interview

Case Manager
Biloxi, MS

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview Details – Hiring process is difficult and slow, be sure you submit all paperwork requirements correctly or your application will be kicked out by HR and never sent to the hiring source. While it's difficult and time consuming it is definitely worth it.

Interview Question – Interview questions are situational based, most difficult part of applying is the application process itself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation process.

Staff RN Interview

Staff RN
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the job in October 2013 and was contacted for an interview November and my interview was the following week. I thought the process would take much longer, but it was actually pretty fast. After my interview, I contacted the POC 2 weeks later to follow up and to also let them know that I was still very much interested in the position. The board met on the 17th and was notified last Friday that I got one of the PCU positions. I haven't received an offer letter yet. I should be rated as Nurse 1 level 3, but not sure about which step.

Interview Question – The interview itself wasn't difficult. I knew what questions to review and they were word for word.   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

Social Worker

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview Details – Phone interview with a panel of social workers. Asked performance based questions. Questions had 2 and 3 parts to the question. Try to be clear and give past examples. You are allowed to ask questions and ask them to repeat the question.

Interview Question – Give an example of when you had to work in a team? What did you contribute? What was the outcome. Fairly easy questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had a local offer

Very Difficult Interview

Physician Interview

Physician

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in September 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview

Interview Question – How to deal with a difficult employee   View Answer

Worked for US Department of Veterans Affairs? Contribute to the Community!