US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Mar 14, 2015

3.5

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in January 2015.

Long process. Applied in December, official offer received the end of February. Well worth the wait. Great salary offer and the benefits are fantastic. My HR recruiter was wonderful-kept me informed about process. Highly recommend!

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Offer is based on boarding package.

Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calverton, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Calverton, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in May 2012.

It took one month before I was interviewed & 2 months before I was hired. Be very careful whom you write in as a reference as the VA WILL call them!!! Make sure that you receive permission from your references first before noting them down. Also, regardless of what job you are interviewing for, dress conservatively as it leaves them with a better impression of you than if you were to appear in jeans.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in March 2012.

I was living in Los Angeles. I applied vi the instructions over USAjobs.com. I didn't wait for anyone to contact me, I called the nurse recruiter myself. She arranged everything With in one week she set up a telephone interview because I was out of state. on this interview I had to take a standardized oral exam. This was my only interview. I received an email following stating I was selected.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was five questions. The questions were all scenario based. Mostly focused on identifying what is an emergency situation and how to intervene in an emergency. Also on basic values of the hosptal   View Answer

Police Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in October 2009.

Federal Job Site: www.usajobs.com. Pass on-line test. Wait for written notification of successful of qualifications . Subsequent interview, medical exam, psychological exam. Upon completion of process, wait for confirmation of acceptance to Federal Police Academy.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you qualified for this job.   View Answer
    Have sufficient experience before applying.