US Department of Veterans Affairs

www.vacareers.va.gov

US Department of Veterans Affairs Program Support Assistant Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in June 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted package through USA Jobs and was emailed a vacancy referral about two weeks after the listing had closed. Another two weeks later, I was called and invited in for a face-to-face interview. Was told that my interview was going to be with two gentleman, but was actually three different people. Was asked a series of different PBI questions. I was prepared because I researched the interview process or the VA online prior to the interview. Was told a response could take 3-6 weeks from HR. Still waiting for tentative offer...

Interview Question – Describe a difficult scenario you had with a coworker, where the co-worker was left feeling wronged. How did you handle the situation, what was the outcome and what would possibly do differently next time?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 8 months - interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in August 2010.

Interview Details – One phone interview. Offered the job 6 months later.

Interview Question – I don't remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was fresh out of college and took the entry level job that was offered.

Program Support Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in July 2010.

Interview Details – First of all, this was a job that was basically included everything that I was already doing. The job description pretty much described what I was currently doing with the exception that this job had a higher salary. I decided to apply, but as always happens in a Federal job, I had to go through the whole process, which included applying online at usajobs.gov. After that I got an appointment to meet one of the human resources officers and they asked me general question such as:

What has been your most difficult task in the job you are currently doing?
When have you demonstrated leadership?
Describe an example when you went above and beyond.

Days after the interview, I was contacted and offered the position. I accepted

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond you duties?   Answer Question
  • What was the most difficult decision that you had to make while employed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was little room for negotiation. Usually in federal jobs they give assign a rating to all job posting say "GS-2 up to GS-14", this rating is attached to a salary table, so there is really no much to bargain for.

Worked for US Department of Veterans Affairs? Contribute to the Community!