Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at US Department of Veterans Affairs
- Medical Support Assistant (15)
- Veteran Service Representative (13)
- Staff RN (10)
- Contract Specialist (6)
- Social Worker (6)
- IT Specialist (5)
- Registered Nurse (5)
- Veterans Service Representative (5)
- Program Support Assistant (4)
- Biomedical Engineer (4)
- Police Officer (3)
- Research Associate (3)
- Nurse (3)
- Program Analyst (3)
- Secretary (2)
- Human Resources Specialist (2)
- Management and Program Analyst (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Staff Pharmacist (2)
- Staff Psychologist (2)
- Special Assistant (2)
- Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist (2)
- Contract Specialist (GS-12) (2)
- Telehealth Clinical Technician (2)
- Veterans Claims Examiner (2)
- Therapy Assistant (2)
- Medical Reimbursement Technician (2)
- VA Work Study Employee (2)
- Pathways Internship, Program Support (1)
- Regis (1)
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day – interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2013.
Easy, I was a work study while a student at Arizona State University. Interview was basically just finding out my availability and brief introductions. I began work the next day which was nice and was allowed to do my school work during work hours when there was not other tasks to complete.
- Can you start tomorrow? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs
Secretary InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Fayetteville, NC) in January 2012.
I was notified by telephone that they wanted to schedule an interview (got an email from USAJOBS stating I was selected...took about a week after that). My interview consisted of 3 people that were doing a performance based interview. Pretty average questions pertaining to previous employment and how I handled certain situations. Jobs I performed etc. After that they stated that they would be selecting 2 people to conduct a second interview. I was called the following week to do a 1:1 with the department head. She stated she would be in contact within a week. I was called a week later for the job offer. I then have to go through a background check and physical which I am currently awaiting on. I have heard it could take up to a month.
There wasn't any negotiation. There is a set amount that is done by steps.