US Department of Veterans Affairs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Secretary Interview

Secretary
Fayetteville, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was notified by telephone that they wanted to schedule an interview (got an email from USAJOBS stating I was selected...took about a week after that). My interview consisted of 3 people that were doing a performance based interview. Pretty average questions pertaining to previous employment and how I handled certain situations. Jobs I performed etc. After that they stated that they would be selecting 2 people to conduct a second interview. I was called the following week to do a 1:1 with the department head. She stated she would be in contact within a week. I was called a week later for the job offer. I then have to go through a background check and physical which I am currently awaiting on. I have heard it could take up to a month.

Interview Questions

• Describe a goal you had to meet and the timeframe you had to do it in.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where you had to enforce a project to others. Did they comply? If not, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation. There is a set amount that is done by steps.

Worked for US Department of Veterans Affairs? Contribute to the Community!