US Department of Veterans Affairs

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in May 2013.

Easy, I was a work study while a student at Arizona State University. Interview was basically just finding out my availability and brief introductions. I began work the next day which was nice and was allowed to do my school work during work hours when there was not other tasks to complete.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in January 2012.

I was notified by telephone that they wanted to schedule an interview (got an email from USAJOBS stating I was selected...took about a week after that). My interview consisted of 3 people that were doing a performance based interview. Pretty average questions pertaining to previous employment and how I handled certain situations. Jobs I performed etc. After that they stated that they would be selecting 2 people to conduct a second interview. I was called the following week to do a 1:1 with the department head. She stated she would be in contact within a week. I was called a week later for the job offer. I then have to go through a background check and physical which I am currently awaiting on. I have heard it could take up to a month.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a goal you had to meet and the timeframe you had to do it in.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to enforce a project to others. Did they comply? If not, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation. There is a set amount that is done by steps.