US Department of Veterans Affairs Secretary Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.3

Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in February 2015.

Interview

It was quite simple - apparently I was the one they were looking for. My resume was complete and accurate and in good shape. I was prepared to be interviewed. It was a bit intimidating being the center of attention. There were 3 interviewers. I was called back for an interview with just my supervisor to be. Additionally, I was called back for a 3rd interview with the Assistant Secretary for Policy and Planning.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your strengths and weaknesses. This was rather easy, as I was prepared. I recommend that one always bring his / her resume to the interview, so that you can refer to it, if you are nervous. Also, be ready to take notes.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Other Interview Reviews for US Department of Veterans Affairs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2013.

Interview

Easy, I was a work study while a student at Arizona State University. Interview was basically just finding out my availability and brief introductions. I began work the next day which was nice and was allowed to do my school work during work hours when there was not other tasks to complete.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Fayetteville, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

I was notified by telephone that they wanted to schedule an interview (got an email from USAJOBS stating I was selected...took about a week after that). My interview consisted of 3 people that were doing a performance based interview. Pretty average questions pertaining to previous employment and how I handled certain situations. Jobs I performed etc. After that they stated that they would be selecting 2 people to conduct a second interview. I was called the following week to do a 1:1 with the department head. She stated she would be in contact within a week. I was called a week later for the job offer. I then have to go through a background check and physical which I am currently awaiting on. I have heard it could take up to a month.

Interview Questions

• Describe a goal you had to meet and the timeframe you had to do it in.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to enforce a project to others. Did they comply? If not, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation. There is a set amount that is done by steps.