US Department of Veterans Affairs
www.vacareers.va.gov Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions & Reviews in Washington, DC

Updated Mar 6, 2014

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Analyst Interview

Program Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online - interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in May 2010.

Interview Details – application then telephonic interview

Interview Question – Understanding and input for strategic plan for the future to improve dellivery of services to our veterans   View Answer

Negotiation Details – eay

Special Assistant Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online - interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in February 2012.

Interview Details – Use usajobs.gov or check with your academic institution's Career Services office for special hiring programs for which you might qualiy.

Interview Question – Tell me why you want to work here.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is very little negotiation in government hiring. It doesn't hurt to try for another step or two--google for the federal pay scale. But things are pretty standard.

IT Specialist Interview

IT Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview Details – The Interview was easy and straight forward. Few technical questions and more questions about situations I have encountered and how I handled them and some personality questions.

Interview Question – I was asked to pick a team I would like to work with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations.

Contract Specialist Interview

Frederick, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in August 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a panel of three managers. The interview was very relaxed. It was over the phone as I lived across the country at the time. I prepared for the interview by writing out potential questions and answers, which really helped.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I did not do much negotiation; although I did ask, during the interview, what my chances of being offerred the job were. I was virtually guaranteed an offer, contingent on HR background check.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for US Department of Veterans Affairs? Contribute to the Community!

US Department of Veterans Affairs Videos

US Department of Veterans Affairs – Why Work for Us?

About VA Careers Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Department of Veterans Affairs interview questions and advice in Washington, DC . All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by US Department of Veterans Affairs employees and interview candidates.