US Fish and Wildlife Service Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Fish and Wildlife Service

Public Use Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sanibel, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanibel, FL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at US Fish and Wildlife Service in September 2011.

The interview was very informal. They asked me what I was currently doing and why I wanted to take the internship. They explained the duties of the internship and asked if I would be comfortable performing such duties.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Fish and Wildlife Service in July 2010.

It takes 6-8 weeks to get hired in the federal government. The filtering of application is a check the box process. He/she that can best check the boxes will get an interview. This is by using key words found in the job advertisements often known as KSA's (knowledge Skills and Abilities). Unless you are a veteran your chances are low to even get an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience with our applications . . .   View Answer
    there is none in the federal government except in very rear instances with someone having exceptional experience and knows how to ask for it.

General Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Fish and Wildlife Service.

I was called to arrange an interview after applying through USAJobs. There was no phone interview/screening or any communication with the interviewers before the interview itself. The interview was scheduled for and lasted exactly one hour. Most questions centered on reviewing my resume and previous work experience, though a couple of technical questions were thrown in. There were also a few questions regarding various federal regulations on energy policy.

Interview Questions
    • What are the lifetime costs and considerations for a geothermal heat-pump versus an air-source heat-pump?   Answer Question

Fish and Wildlife Biologist Interview

Interview process was standard for federal agency. Questions had to do with writing background, experience with environmental review, biology, conservation, and ecology.

Wildlife Biologist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at US Fish and Wildlife Service.

Standard complicated government application process. Submit a resume with multiple repetitions of the most applicable key word you can think of because the initial picks are done solely on keyword counts. Hope there are not to many veterans applying, claim to be an expert at everything and maybe you will make the top three. If your lucky it won't be a name selected position and you will get a real interview. Otherwise you will get a phone interview or no interview. I was a name selected candidate so no interview was necessary.

Interview Questions
    I was stupid and did not realize negotiation was an option.

Ao Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at US Fish and Wildlife Service in September 2009.

The interview was basically a tough one. There was one person and one other person on the telephone. The questions asked were a mixture of psychological in nature in dealing with people on a social and professional level due to the complexity of the job I was being interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult choice you had to make while in the position as a manager / supervisor?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your most challenging decision you had to make whether to retain or fire an employee?   Answer Question

IT Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Fish and Wildlife Service in June 2010.

The interview comes first. I interviewed with 4 people each asking me their own set of questions. Once finished they asked me if I had any questions for them. Then they said they would call me.

Interview Questions
    I came in at the top end of their scale but given that benefits cost more than my last company they upped my pay a few thousand to help compensate.

The opportunity to gain serious experience and a clearance was worth taking a slight pay hit for the amount of future gain to be had.

Worked for US Fish and Wildlife Service? Contribute to the Community!