US Foods

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Director
Rosemont, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at US Foods in September 2011.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by a contract recruiter. Very organized, professional, and informative about the company culture and environment. Two rounds of calls with recruiter, 1 hour call with senior executive, face-to-face interviews with 5 mid-level executives. Direct, specific experience in your field is not the onlly concern. Must demonstrate energy, enthusiasm for the position, capacity for learning.

Interview Question – What is your biggest opportunity for personal improvement?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Large salary range for each position but fairly formulaic with how offers are built. Based on years experience in field, industry, and current salary. Negotiable on base, not too flexible with perks, sign-ons, etc.

Demand Planner Interview

Demand Planner
Rosemont, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Foods in March 2012.

Interview Details – Focus focus focus on being proactive and presenting solutions. Understand the distribution centers-and call them 'divisions'-are your primary customer. If they are set up for success, they will have successful sales with final (end paying) customers. Don't try to point a finger or deflect blame but look at the root cause and present a solution.

Negotiation Details – they refused to negotiate

Demand Planner Interview

Demand Planner
Rosemont, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at US Foods.

Interview Details – Prior to the Sysco acquisition, they had a recruiting company hire heavy for an initiative for centralized Purchasing. The interview consisted of 4 behavioral interview questions and the basic "walk me through your resume."

Interview Question – Not extremely difficult but they asked ,"tell me about a time when you had to deal with change?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 1 counter offer and no negotiation on vacation. 2 weeks and 2 personal days- which is terrible compared to other employers

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Rosemont, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Foods in August 2013.

Interview Details – I had one prescreening interview over the phone, then interviewed several dept heads in the area. There were no difficult questions - the interview was more like a casual conversation. Overall everyone was very helpful and nice, the HR person kept in touch throughout the process, though at one point I went a week or two without hearing anything.

Interview Question – I had one analytical question that was meant to show my thought process, it was not difficult, one of the questions similar to "How many piano tuners are there in Chicago?".   Answer Question

Credit Coordinator Interview

Credit Coordinator
Rosemont, IL

Interview Details – Typical interview process. Typical behavioral interview questions. Lots of forewarning that the district credit offices will behave badly, no financial controls and districts will make things difficult for the corporate credit people. Be ready to answer confrontational situation questions.

Negotiation Details – Typical

Senior Pricing Analyst Interview

Senior Pricing Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Foods in June 2012.

Interview Details – Professional and informative throughout. Insightful, relevant questions allowed you to share who you are while learning about the potential role. Subsequent interviews with other members of Executive Staff were very smooth. Great people to work with.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a difficult person?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Limited ability to negotiate.

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer
Rosemont, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at US Foods in August 2011.

Interview Details – Was sent to wrong building, so was late. interview was with 1 technical lead who didn't seem to know how to conduct an interview. Almost no java questions. He gave me a laptop and asked me to solve a logic problem - it was on his final exam at college; Code a printout for this pattern, should work for any input int (ex: 5):
X000X
0X0X0
00X00
0X0X0
X000X
(I wasn't able to solve it).
Seemed to be a small onshore development team. I would not have taken the job if offered.

Interview Question – One logic problem   Answer Question

Worked for US Foods? Contribute to the Community!