US Foods

Very Easy Interview

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Garland, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at US Foods in January 2014.

Interview Details – Did not get a face-to-face interview. Initial questions on phone interview kept focusing on salary rather than qualifications. My current salary was higher than the position they were offering and even though I was ok with it, they were not interested in bringing on someone with more experience at a bargain price. I was told I was overqualified. It was a friendly & professional conversation. HR recruiter was prompt in following up.

Interview Question – Most suprising question - constant focus on my salary in prior positions.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Foods in June 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed over phone and then was sent an online survey that took 1 hour. The phone interview took about 15 minutes and consisted of normal interview questions along with food industry questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about different cuts of meat   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Human Resources Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at US Foods.

Interview Details – It is simple to apply online compared to most other companies, was called to come in and interview, no phone screen, I was called back for a 2nd interview with my bosses boss and a day later was offered the job.

Interview Question – This differs by position - nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Rosemont, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at US Foods in September 2011.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by a contract recruiter. Very organized, professional, and informative about the company culture and environment. Two rounds of calls with recruiter, 1 hour call with senior executive, face-to-face interviews with 5 mid-level executives. Direct, specific experience in your field is not the onlly concern. Must demonstrate energy, enthusiasm for the position, capacity for learning.

Interview Question – What is your biggest opportunity for personal improvement?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Large salary range for each position but fairly formulaic with how offers are built. Based on years experience in field, industry, and current salary. Negotiable on base, not too flexible with perks, sign-ons, etc.

Demand Planner Interview

Demand Planner
Rosemont, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Foods in March 2012.

Interview Details – Focus focus focus on being proactive and presenting solutions. Understand the distribution centers-and call them 'divisions'-are your primary customer. If they are set up for success, they will have successful sales with final (end paying) customers. Don't try to point a finger or deflect blame but look at the root cause and present a solution.

Negotiation Details – they refused to negotiate

Territory Manager/Sales Interview

Territory Manager/Sales
Severn, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Foods in February 2010.

Interview Details – There were 3 interviews total: first was a phone call from HR, then a sit-down with the corporate trainer, and then an introduction to the VP of Sales. The first interview was basics about previous work experience and some questions about how to handle situations. The second interview was a very quick introduction. From my experience, the second interview was just a formality to meet the VP and informally accept the job.

Interview Question – There were no curveballs in either of my interviews.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at US Foods.

Interview Details – several tiers of the interview process. HR, followed by District Manager, followed by Senior Management.

Negotiation Details – I was given a fair offer and accepted.

Marketing and Sales Intern Interview

Marketing and Sales Intern

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at US Foods in April 2014.

Interview Details – Had interview about a month after I applied and heard back a week after my interview

Interview Question – There were mostly behavioral questions!   Answer Question

Credit Coordinator I Interview

Credit Coordinator I
Salem, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at US Foods in April 2014.

Interview Details – THE best interview I have ever had.

Interview Question – What do you find most irritating about people?   View Answer

Demand Planner Interview

Demand Planner
Rosemont, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at US Foods.

Interview Details – Prior to the Sysco acquisition, they had a recruiting company hire heavy for an initiative for centralized Purchasing. The interview consisted of 4 behavioral interview questions and the basic "walk me through your resume."

Interview Question – Not extremely difficult but they asked ,"tell me about a time when you had to deal with change?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 1 counter offer and no negotiation on vacation. 2 weeks and 2 personal days- which is terrible compared to other employers

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Foods

Worked for US Foods? Contribute to the Community!

US Foods Videos

US Foods – Why Work for Us?

Who we are We create an environment where passion for food and service can flourish. And our passion for food is equaled only by our commitment to our employees – the people who devote their careers to serving our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Foods interview questions and advice. All 74 interview reviews posted anonymously by US Foods employees and interview candidates.