US Foods

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

2.6

Sales Coordinator Bilingual (Spanish) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at US Foods.

Phone interview: Give a description of your qualifications and what you think the job entails. The next day, an interview with manager and HR manager. Average interview questions. Questions about experience and why you think you should be hired.

Expeditor Interview

A lot of behavior questions such as how to cope with change, a difficult decision, customer relationship, and a major accomplishment. Also some normal interview questions such as previous job responsibilities, why US Foods, why the chosen location, etc.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied on-line and was contacted by the HR Manager within a couple of weeks. My interview was scheduled for the following week and lasted about 3 hours. I met with the HR Manager as well as 2 other people in the department individually.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time when you had to go above and beyond expectations.   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Foods in August 2014.

I applied online through US Foods.com After I applied for the position I was contacted 3 days later by the HR manager for a in person interview. I arrived to the interview 15 minutes early and had to wait 20 minutes for the interview. I was greeted by the HR manager but was interviewed by the lead sales coordinator. The interview went great and lasted about 30 minutes. The person who interviewed mentioned a few times that she had a meeting and did not understand why the HR manager scheduled interviews back to back. After my first interview I received a call from the HR manager asking me for a second interview with the VP of sell. The interview with the VP went well. It lasted about 15 minutes. The question weren't difficult. They asked questions such as what are some of your hobbies, what would your past employees say about you and, why did you apply for this position. After my second interview I did not here from anyone for about 2 months. I called the HR manger and was told that a decision was not made and I will be notified via phone or email of the decision. It's been a month since I called the HR manager and still have not heard anything from them.

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Foods in June 2014.

Interviewed over phone and then was sent an online survey that took 1 hour. The phone interview took about 15 minutes and consisted of normal interview questions along with food industry questions.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at US Foods.

It is simple to apply online compared to most other companies, was called to come in and interview, no phone screen, I was called back for a 2nd interview with my bosses boss and a day later was offered the job.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Foods in May 2014.

I had two interviews- a general phone screening and an in-person interview. The questions were fairly standard on both interviews. During the in-person interview I had about 3-4 STAR based/behavioral questions (all of them were: "Tell me about a time when...") They also asked sub questions based on my answer; I suppose my answers were too vague although I thought I was pretty concise. The overall experience was pleasant; all interviewers were very cordial. I did not hear back from them until about 2 weeks later- to which I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to negotiate a win-win situation. I couldn't think of a specific situation in a professional setting, so I stumbled on this question.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at US Foods.

several tiers of the interview process. HR, followed by District Manager, followed by Senior Management.

I was given a fair offer and accepted.

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at US Foods.

Prior to the Sysco acquisition, they had a recruiting company hire heavy for an initiative for centralized Purchasing. The interview consisted of 4 behavioral interview questions and the basic "walk me through your resume."

Interview Questions
    • Not extremely difficult but they asked ,"tell me about a time when you had to deal with change?"   Answer Question
    1 counter offer and no negotiation on vacation. 2 weeks and 2 personal days- which is terrible compared to other employers

Account Manager Interview

Straight forward interview on how you can add value to the company. Not many technical questions asked by interview team. Very informal and conversation like type of interview. Applied online, received an email shortly after to schedule a phone interview. Very smooth process and they got back to me in about 3 weeks as to whether they wanted me to come on board with them