US Foods Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Foods (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Many Interviews, no less than 4. Had to do a presentation to a group. Had 3 other one on one interviews with different people within the company. The time between interviews was LONG...

Negotiation

I did not need to negotiate, their offer was very fair

R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Foods (Plymouth, MN).

Interview

Phone interview, brought in for in person interview where I was grilled by two old guys. Seriously, the questions were not only fast and furious, but they expected Master/PhD level conditionals with entry level pay...yeah, that's truly not going to happen when I already have 5+ years experience. They seemed rude and taken aback when I did have questions that I wanted to ask. I NEVER received and update about how I did until I called the guy (he gave me his business card) and asked when he said "Oh, you should have gotten an auto generated letter saying no. We actually put the position out again we didn't find anyone that fit" at this point he started laughing softly, which was not only creepy, but deeply rude. He then asked how I got his number and when I said that he and his partner gave me each one he said "I don't remember that"............so was he drunk? Idiot, I know I dodged a bullet!

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about a reduction in pay from what you just stated?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rock Island, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at US Foods (Rock Island, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Great interview process. Very thorough. Asked many question by 3 members of management. Great interview and left feeling very good about the process. Be prepared to answer many questions and one after another. Be truthful about your answers and upfront about everything. I feel it would be a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• What home appliance would I be   1 Answer

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, SC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Foods (Lexington, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

Was in a group interview we had a quick tour and one on one interviews. Questions was based on past warehouse experience and safety. I was told my application would be sent to HR to do background check and to keep checking my emails. It has been 9 days and still nothing. Kinda sucks when you really don't know what is going on or the status.

Senior Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Foods.

Interview

Extremely long process. Very challenging. Had four phone interviews first. Upon being selected, had an additional 6 interviews in a day long process. Upon being selected, had two final interviews with Senior Executive President and Chief Operating Officer. Then underwent a background investigation.

Interview Questions

Interview

I was called a week after I applied to the position. I was given a questionare which was easy to fill out it was more geared to my expereience of being a supervisor. After that I got a phone call from HR four days later asking me standard questions. That phone call was15 minutes max. In which I was asked for a one on one interview.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at US Foods in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was extremely casual at a local restaurant. The interviewer seemed rushed & disengaged from the beginning. The major interest seemed to be in who I already know and might be able to bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• What is more important, quality, price or service?   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Foods.

Interview

Very relaxed. Conversation Style interview with the hiring manager and the VP of sales. They took a long time in between interviews to set up the next one.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, they made an offer after I stipulated my previous base salary. It matched that salary

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at US Foods.

Interview

Phone interview: Give a description of your qualifications and what you think the job entails. The next day, an interview with manager and HR manager. Average interview questions. Questions about experience and why you think you should be hired.

Buyer/Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Foods.

Interview

filled out application online. Had an initial first interview on the phone, then they asked me to come in for a face to face interview. Face to face interview was with two individuals. asked basic questions and talked a little about the company. nothing exciting, pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• None really all standard. Was surprised they mentioned the don't use an MRP system.   Answer Question