US Foods Interview Questions in Rosemont, IL

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at US Foods in September 2011.

Initially contacted by a contract recruiter. Very organized, professional, and informative about the company culture and environment. Two rounds of calls with recruiter, 1 hour call with senior executive, face-to-face interviews with 5 mid-level executives. Direct, specific experience in your field is not the onlly concern. Must demonstrate energy, enthusiasm for the position, capacity for learning.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest opportunity for personal improvement?   Answer Question
    Large salary range for each position but fairly formulaic with how offers are built. Based on years experience in field, industry, and current salary. Negotiable on base, not too flexible with perks, sign-ons, etc.

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Foods in March 2012.

Focus focus focus on being proactive and presenting solutions. Understand the distribution centers-and call them 'divisions'-are your primary customer. If they are set up for success, they will have successful sales with final (end paying) customers. Don't try to point a finger or deflect blame but look at the root cause and present a solution.

they refused to negotiate

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at US Foods.

Prior to the Sysco acquisition, they had a recruiting company hire heavy for an initiative for centralized Purchasing. The interview consisted of 4 behavioral interview questions and the basic "walk me through your resume."

Interview Questions
    • Not extremely difficult but they asked ,"tell me about a time when you had to deal with change?"   Answer Question
    1 counter offer and no negotiation on vacation. 2 weeks and 2 personal days- which is terrible compared to other employers

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Foods in August 2013.

I had one prescreening interview over the phone, then interviewed several dept heads in the area. There were no difficult questions - the interview was more like a casual conversation. Overall everyone was very helpful and nice, the HR person kept in touch throughout the process, though at one point I went a week or two without hearing anything.

Interview Questions
    • I had one analytical question that was meant to show my thought process, it was not difficult, one of the questions similar to "How many piano tuners are there in Chicago?".   Answer Question

Credit Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Typical interview process. Typical behavioral interview questions. Lots of forewarning that the district credit offices will behave badly, no financial controls and districts will make things difficult for the corporate credit people. Be ready to answer confrontational situation questions.

Typical

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at US Foods in August 2011.

Was sent to wrong building, so was late. interview was with 1 technical lead who didn't seem to know how to conduct an interview. Almost no java questions. He gave me a laptop and asked me to solve a logic problem - it was on his final exam at college; Code a printout for this pattern, should work for any input int (ex: 5):
    X000X
    0X0X0
    00X00
    0X0X0
    X000X
    (I wasn't able to solve it).
    Seemed to be a small onshore development team. I would not have taken the job if offered.

Interview Questions

Worked for US Foods? Contribute to the Community!