US Foods

Updated Feb 11, 2015
Updated Feb 11, 2015

2.8

Territory Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at US Foods in January 2015.

The interview was extremely casual at a local restaurant. The interviewer seemed rushed & disengaged from the beginning. The major interest seemed to be in who I already know and might be able to bring to the table.

Interview Questions
  • What is more important, quality, price or service?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for US Foods

Territory Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Foods.

Very relaxed. Conversation Style interview with the hiring manager and the VP of sales. They took a long time in between interviews to set up the next one.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, they made an offer after I stipulated my previous base salary. It matched that salary

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Foods in June 2014.

Interviewed over phone and then was sent an online survey that took 1 hour. The phone interview took about 15 minutes and consisted of normal interview questions along with food industry questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at US Foods.

several tiers of the interview process. HR, followed by District Manager, followed by Senior Management.

I was given a fair offer and accepted.

Territory Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at US Foods.

Process took about 3 weeks. Had one interview one week with HR then another the following week with district manager and VP of sales. Called the following week with offer.

Interview Questions
    They made a offer. I accepted wasn't any negotiation.

Territory Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Foods.

Initial meeting with district manager, then made 2nd interview to meet division trainer, then met with vp of sales and division president, and final interview with HR.

based on passed experience

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Foods in September 2011.

District Sales Managers and Regional Sales Manager. Possible VP of Sales

Interview Questions
    One meeting; verfy simple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at US Foods in July 2011.

Submit resume as a job application through US Foods careers website. Interview with a district manager, then another district manager. The 3rd and final interview was with the Regional Sales Manager. They will ask you of your experience and how it directly correlates to the job. they will ask you about different experiences you have had. They will describe the job and the functions of the job. The job cannot truely be described beyond the daily duties because expectations are different with every customer. If you pass each interview you will be contacted by a DSM in Tucson or an HR rep in PHX offering a position. The salary is negotiable and will be discussed in the 3rd interview. However, salary will be offered when the job is offered.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult or unexpected questions. Brush up on your behavioral based interview questions and know your experiences and you will be fine.   Answer Question
    In the third interview the RSM asked me what my desired salary range was. I told him that I would consider any reasonable offer, and asked what the position normally paid. He told me the position usually started off at around $45,000 and I told him I appreciate the information but I was looking for about 52-55k and he said I am sure we can come up with a number that would satisfy both parties. when they offered me the job I asked what the decision was on salary and the DSM called me back to tell me my salary. Be sure to negotiate as it shows you leave nothing on the table and is a big part of the position duties.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at US Foods in January 2011.

Pretty standard

Interview Questions
    I told them what I wanted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Foods in June 2010.

Brief phone chat. Panel interview with 6 interviewers. 1:1 with regional sales manager. Hopefully you are aware of the food industry, come prepared to discuss it thoroughly. Ask relevant questions, don't just answer theirs. Shake every single interviewers hand and ASK for the sale! I asked every person in the room if I could count on their vote of confidence in me moving forward in the process.

Interview Questions
    • How can you prove to me that spending $.05 more per pound on chicken breast will prove beneficial in the long run?   View Answer
    Don't be shy in your asking price, you may be surprised. Don't get greedy either.