US Green Building Council

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at US Green Building Council.

Interview Details – I was contacted for a phone interview. The interviewer seemed to be writing down what I was saying, because there were long pauses after each question.

Interview Question – I was asked if I was able to fix technical computer problems-- something that was not listed on my resume   Answer Question

Communications Associate Interview

Communications Associate

I applied online and interviewed at US Green Building Council.

Interview Details – After applying for the communications associate position, I received a phone call setting up a time for an interview. We scheduled an in-person interview. I made plans to go to DC. Two days later, I got a phone call saying they changed the interview to a phone interview with two people.

The phone interview was pretty standard. We went through my strengths, weaknesses and previous responsibilities. Towards the end of the interview, I asked what the next step was. They said they would be contacting applicants about the second round of interviews within the next two weeks.

After two weeks without any contact, I followed up via email. A week later, I followed up again. I didn't hear anything. Two months later, I received a generic email saying they appreciate my interest but they hired someone else.

The lack of follow up was disappointing.

Interview Question – Who was your least favorite boss and why?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Finance
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Green Building Council in November 2009.

Interview Details – Initial phone call from HR to set up interview and explain job. Interview in person with HR and department head. In about 1 week received an offer.

Interview Question – What would be your first steps in learning the job.   Answer Question

Worked for US Green Building Council? Contribute to the Community!