US Immigration and Customs Enforcement

US Immigration and Customs Enforcement Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Immigration and Customs Enforcement

Special Agent Interview

interviewed at US Immigration and Customs Enforcement in March 2014.

very easy

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at US Immigration and Customs Enforcement in July 2010.

Applied via usajobs.gov with the typical questionnaire. I got two automated emails from the HR system and then a very nice email from the hiring manager. The manager interviewed one-on-one, plus he had one of his staff members present. The staffer was mostly disengaged and dead weight to the interview. The interveiw was conversational with a few particular questions of interest. They allowed time for me to ask all the questions I wanted. Answers and discussion seemed candid. Interview was 90 minutes. I felt very positive leaving the interview. Note: arrive early for airport style screening which does not move along very quickly!

Interview Questions
    • Would you be comfortable working in an environment where there are few or no existing tools?   View Answer

Offer was at the bottom of the available salary range. Responsibilities and expectations set in the interview matched my market value (e.g. current salary and recent offers) but were far more grandiose than associated offer. The attitude of the hiring manager after the interview was pleasant. He seemed to have other candidates he felt would take such an offer.

Attorney Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at US Immigration and Customs Enforcement in April 2010.

I was interviewed in two rounds. The first round involved the hiring manager and several people who would be my co-workers. The second round involved the hiring manager and his boss. Each session lasted 30-45 minutes.

The first round consisted of a series of questions designed both to inquire about my specific legal experience in the areas that the group practiced in and to elicit clues about my persona. The second round was essentially an opportunity for the hiring manager to convince his boss that I was an appropriate hire for the group - it was more informal and somewhat friendlier.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time when you faced a professional ethical dilemma and describe what you did about it."   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate as the person who called to offer me the job was not the hiring manager I knew and had interviewed with. The person offering me the job was essentially a human resources person who could hardly have been less interested in what I wanted or needed.

Special Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at US Immigration and Customs Enforcement in June 2009.

Very long process and no communication with a recruiter to assist with questions. You must be patient.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer situational questions. I signed a confidentiality agreement so I cannot give any questions.   View Answer

Worked for US Immigration and Customs Enforcement? Contribute to the Community!