US Immigration and Customs Enforcement

www.ice.gov

US Immigration and Customs Enforcement Risk Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst
Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at US Immigration and Customs Enforcement in July 2010.

Interview Details – Applied via usajobs.gov with the typical questionnaire. I got two automated emails from the HR system and then a very nice email from the hiring manager. The manager interviewed one-on-one, plus he had one of his staff members present. The staffer was mostly disengaged and dead weight to the interview. The interveiw was conversational with a few particular questions of interest. They allowed time for me to ask all the questions I wanted. Answers and discussion seemed candid. Interview was 90 minutes. I felt very positive leaving the interview. Note: arrive early for airport style screening which does not move along very quickly!

Interview Question – Would you be comfortable working in an environment where there are few or no existing tools?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Offer was at the bottom of the available salary range. Responsibilities and expectations set in the interview matched my market value (e.g. current salary and recent offers) but were far more grandiose than associated offer. The attitude of the hiring manager after the interview was pleasant. He seemed to have other candidates he felt would take such an offer.

Worked for US Immigration and Customs Enforcement? Contribute to the Community!