US Investigations Services

Updated Aug 13, 2014

2.2

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Investigator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Investigations Services.

I had to answer several experiential and behavioral questions in an essay type format and then I got a telephone interview. After that, I went for an in person interview. Then I got the job. The questions for both the telephone interview and in person interview were very similar in nature.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were formatted like "tell me about a time when..." and if you do not have much work experience, then that can be difficult trying to provide quick and detailed answers.   Answer Question
There was no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for US Investigations Services

Associate Investigator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Investigations Services.

1 phone interview and 1 in person.

None

Associate Investigator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Investigations Services.

It was really very simple. I was told I would be starting at such and such salary and I accepted the job offer because I had nowhere else to go at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online – interviewed at US Investigations Services in December 2013.

I applied for this position in December, got an email saying they were interested in me and that they would call me for the interview. Interview lasted about 30 minutes on the phone. Got a face to face interview with two men at a hotel by the airport. They asked me a few dumb questions like "what would I do if the person I'm interviewing lived in a gated community?" and "What are the toughest part of the the job i'm interviewing for would be" Basically the same exact questions the phone interview was except a few more stupid questions. Between the application and the interview face to face, it was a matter of a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions
    • They should waste people times with the stupid questions, just be straight forward.   Answer Question

Associate Investigator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Investigations Services.

Very plain, nothing unexpected.

They told me what they were going to pay.

Associate Investigator Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at US Investigations Services.

Applied online and approximately week later received call for a phone interview. About 2 weeks later received an email to complete an online assessment which took about an hour to accomplish. Approximately one month later, notified I made it to the next round of interviews which was in person with the regional manger and local team lead. Notified about 10 days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe time you were in disagreement with your boss and what steps did you take to resolve? What was the final outcome?   Answer Question

Associate Investigator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Investigations Services.

Initially resume submission, followed up with phone interview which included submitting impromptu writing examples, followed up with in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • I can't recall specific questions but there were many which were intended to extract your personal and work ethics.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I accepted the offer provided.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Investigations Services in September 2013.

It's a long process. I applied online and only got an interview after calling the recruiter numerous times for a chance to interview. The interview was over the phone for about 20-30 minutes and the questions were not too difficult. I felt good about my interview. I then had to submit a writing sample for two questions which were to be answered in one to three generous paragraphs. This had to be done in about three hours and sent back via email to the recruiter. They grade on sentence structure and grammar.
    I was also told that he would make a decision the next day and that if I didn't hear from him that it was a "good sign." After about a week, I emailed to inquire about the results with no response. I then received the rejection email the Friday before the Labor Day weekend... my wife and I were on our way to a much needed vacation... what a way to start the weekend.

Interview Questions
    • What skills or experience could you offer for the position of Background Investigator?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be an Investigator?   Answer Question

Associate Investigator Interview

Very laid back no pressure from management, almost too informal, only hired me as a contractor first

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florida, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florida, NY

I applied online – interviewed at US Investigations Services in September 2012.

Applied online, got phone call/interview with a recruiter for about 20 minutes. Typical questions about resume and where I see myself in 3-5 years. Also asked what are my qualifications for the job.

Have a follow up in person interview soon. I haven't received an offer, but fully expect to after this interview.