US Investigations Services Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Investigations Services (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The questions listed here by previous reviewers were very helpful and I was able for come up with some great anecdotes because of them. My interviewer seemed impressed I staked out a quiet corner of a hotel lobby before he arrived so we weren't scrambling for a table at a noisy Starbucks somewhere. Also dress conservatively, especially if you are young.... think Fox Mulder type of suits.

Investigator Interview

Interview

It was an ok interview. They asked me why I wanted to be an investigator and work for the company. They explained the goals and objectives of the company and their relationship with the government. I had a lot of questions on the clearance process, but they weren't really able to answer them well.

Senior Investigator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Investigations Services.

Interview

The initial process was pretty up front. The interview was very well organized and done by a manager traveling to the area specifically to conduct interviews. There was a lack of communication after the initial interview where no response was made for almost a year.

Interview Questions

• What my goals were in working for a government contractor?   Answer Question

USIS Investigator Interview

Interview

telephone interview with a recruiter followed by an in person interview at the closest office with an upper management individual. The in person interview is to make sure that you are professional in appearance and communication

Interview Questions

• all are based on situations investigators could find themselves in relation to the job. None are difficult enough that a solution could not be provided.   Answer Question

Investigator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Investigations Services.

Interview

Online interview, in person writing test, and a panel interview. Background investigator and sent to training. After completion of classroom training, OJT with a SR Investigator. Once I was off "hold report" left to my own devices.

Negotiation

there was no negotiation

Special Investigator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Investigations Services.

Interview

A phone interview was conducted after applying online. Following the phone interview, an offer was made by phone. Contact with local supervisor was not made until several weeks after employment started.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Investigations Services.

Interview

I had to answer several experiential and behavioral questions in an essay type format and then I got a telephone interview. After that, I went for an in person interview. Then I got the job. The questions for both the telephone interview and in person interview were very similar in nature.

Interview Questions

• Questions were formatted like "tell me about a time when..." and if you do not have much work experience, then that can be difficult trying to provide quick and detailed answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Field Investigator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Investigations Services.

Interview

Take a psychological quiz, be interviewed by a panel, receive e:mail offer. Be on time, answer the questions, and be aware of your nonverbal communication and please have clean apparel hygiene, and carry yourself speak with confidence.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple deadlines   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a reasonable salary at the time

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Investigations Services.

Interview

1 phone interview and 1 in person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Field Investigator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at US Investigations Services.

Interview

phone interview and then in-person interview.