US Investigations Services

Average Difficulty
70 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Investigator

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Investigations Services in June 2012.

Interview Details – The first interview is via a phone call and then there is a follow up writing sample they request. Then an in person interview can be scheduled.

They are looking for good writers, so take the time to edit your piece that is submitted as part of the interview process.

They are looking for people who want to stay with the company long term. They want people who are willing to work hard and are self motivated. Come with stories that demonstrate that you can work well under pressure with little or no direct supervision.

Interview Question – Have you read the negative reviews of the company by former employees and what is your opinion of those online reviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given an offer and 72 hours to accept or reject. The offer is contingent on successful background investigation that could take over 6 months. If after you sign and they give you a start date and you do not complete a year of service, your contract may require one full year of service or result in you paying $5000 for the cost of the investigation.

Special Investigator Interview

Special Investigator

I applied online and interviewed at US Investigations Services.

Interview Details – A phone interview was conducted after applying online. Following the phone interview, an offer was made by phone. Contact with local supervisor was not made until several weeks after employment started.

Associate Investigator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Investigations Services.

Interview Details – I had to answer several experiential and behavioral questions in an essay type format and then I got a telephone interview. After that, I went for an in person interview. Then I got the job. The questions for both the telephone interview and in person interview were very similar in nature.

Interview Question – Questions were formatted like "tell me about a time when..." and if you do not have much work experience, then that can be difficult trying to provide quick and detailed answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Field Investigator Interview

Field Investigator

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Investigations Services.

Interview Details – Take a psychological quiz, be interviewed by a panel, receive e:mail offer. Be on time, answer the questions, and be aware of your nonverbal communication and please have clean apparel hygiene, and carry yourself speak with confidence.

Interview Question – How do you handle multiple deadlines   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered a reasonable salary at the time

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Falls Church, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at US Investigations Services in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was a contractor and applied for full time when the position opened up.

Negotiation Details – Negotiated for for more PTO was not successful, but was successful in salary increase

I applied online and interviewed at US Investigations Services.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview and 1 in person.

Interview Question – How I would handle example situations   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Field Investigator Interview

Field Investigator

I applied through other source and interviewed at US Investigations Services.

Interview Details – phone interview and then in-person interview.

Interview Question – They are looking for A type personalities   Answer Question

Associate Investigator

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Investigations Services in July 2010.

Interview Details – Three-step interview consisting of a phone interview, online portion and then an in-person interview. Simple, fast (2 weeks total) and relatively painless. Interviewed in person by my future direct supervisor and the woman who would train me, so it was a great way to get to know the people I'd be working with in the process.

Senior Investigator Interview

Senior Investigator

I applied online and interviewed at US Investigations Services.

Interview Details – bad interview by an incompetent person who lied to me in order to get me to take the job. the interview was a joke and I was a fool for taking this position. She told me things about the company that were never true and will never be true

Negotiation Details – none

Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at US Investigations Services in December 2010.

Interview Details – The phone interview with HR was first and very detailed.

Interview Question – Not sure that there was one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation that I was aware of.

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Investigations Services

Worked for US Investigations Services? Contribute to the Community!