US Jesco

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Product Demonstator Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at US Jesco.

Interview Details – Easy - you need to be intellectually challenged or foreign or not have a car to not get hired.

Negotiation Details – Don't accept.

Sales Agent

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at US Jesco.

Interview Details – They'll show up and ask you to memorize a short script for one of their products. They like to target actors for this job, because of the fact that there's a script to memorize, by the way. If you "pass" the first interview (they call these "auditions" instead), then they'll give you a callback for a second interview. For this, they have you and all of the other callbacks sit down while they tell you a bit about the company. Don't pay attention to the estimated paycheck values that they give you, as it's an exaggeration. Considering it is a sales job, be sure to take the interview with a grain of salt, just like you would a sales pitch.

Interview Question – Memorizing the script   View Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Carrollton, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at US Jesco in July 2012.

Interview Details – This is technically an internship so the interview was pretty basic and informal. If I remember correctly, I was contacted by Heather, who runs HR, to come in for an interview at the office. I met Lauren Melton, the creative director, and we went through my portfolio and resume. He asked some questions about my skills, background, what I hope to get out the job, etc. And he talked to me about the company, the kind of work they do, the kind of products they make, and the kinds of projects I'd be working on. It was brief but informative. They got back to me pretty quickly with a "you're hired."

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I knew already that it was a part time gig with an hourly rate of $10.

Live Infomercial Position Interview

North Hollywood, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at US Jesco in February 2014.

Interview Details – It's a two day interview/audition. The first day we were given copy of part of a sales pitch and read before two people - the Director of HR and the direct supervisor of the part of the city we'd work in. If you make it past this round you'll be called to come for a call back the next day.

The callback is actually a group informational meeting. There were 18 of us and we listened for over an hour as the Director of HR, the direct supervisor and an experienced sales rep told us about US Jesco, what our role would be, what our compensation is and what benefits we can get by working there.

The base pay for beginners is 50 dollars per day plus a very small percentage of the items that we manage to sell. There are two shifts per day 9-3 and 3-9. It can be in a variety of stores within a 70 miles radius of Downtown Los Angeles. We aren't responsible for setting up or taking down the stage we'd work on but were told that we should arrive a little early to do whatever prep work is needed (prepare vegetable, make sure everything we'd need is there, etc) before we being our shift.

After the informational part was over we were told to wait outside and they would bring us in one at a time for quick interviews. In the interview I was asked if there was anything that would prevent me from doing the 3 weeks of training, could I memorize the script, could I do full time and would I have a problem traveling all over the city. I said I had no problems and was ready to get to work.

After the interview was finished they told me I would be e-mailed by 6 PM to let me know if I was hired or not. I was notified that I didn't get the job, which surprised me because of the positive feedback I had gotten during my initial read and for my positive and enthusiastic responses during the brief interview. I have no idea how many people out of the 18 they hired but they did repost the job listing again briefly so there seems to be something specific they are looking for in a person.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at US Jesco.

Interview Details – be prepared of interview, well read, well dressed, and have a vehicle, good credit helps. the best jobs you may need to rent a hotel room or a car for travel

Interview Question – must be drug free, and have a drivers license, reliable car etc,   View Answer

Negotiation Details – mostly about locations and territory

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at US Jesco in February 2013.

Interview Details – had an interview at a starbucks next week started. training is 2 weeks long

Interview Question – basic questions - where you live, why you interested, what do you like, have you memorized a script   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at US Jesco in July 2011.

Interview Details – Auditioned, did a monologue of my choice.. 2 min. Then read a few lines from a script.
Came to call back. Went over the job.. Proved credible.. Got invited back later for shirt interview.. Got selected.. Sweet one of 5 I think.. From around 15+

Interview Questions

• Nothing really.. I guess commission being part of pay.   View Answer
  • Can you ravel all around the city.. I think a 60 mile radius.. And do I have a reliable car.,   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None.. Started the next week decent training very comprehensive training web site had everything you need and more.. I almost could have just used their Videos and content to learn.

Sales Agent

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at US Jesco.

Interview Details – They usually give you a paragraph from their script to read, and if you are at all literate, have proper availability, and don't look like an addict, they'll call you back. They then go into a sales pitch in the call back, and love to stretch the truth. Many times they outright lie.

Interview Question – They ask three questions: "Are you comfortable with 100% commission?" "Why do you think you're the right person for the job?" "We saw a lot of people today and don't have very many positions available. Out of everyone, why should we pick YOU?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There are no negotiations.

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at US Jesco in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was told I had a meeting at 12 noon. When I got there 20 other people were standing there. It turned out to be some kind of audition. After sitting there for 2 hours they finally called me in and asked 3 questions then told me to come back in 45 mins. I came back and there were 10 - 12 other people that where there with me the last time. From there they told us that we were not all selected but as we started going in for 1 0n 1 conversations they revealed to us that we were selected and not to tell anyone else

Interview Question – Are you okay with 100% commission?   View Answer

Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at US Jesco.

Interview Details – The interview process was a breeze, they were very friendly. Held audition, you read a short part from one of their products and they give you feedback. I was ask to come back for a call back where they go over the background of the company and what they do. After that there was a very short 2-3 minute interview that had very easy questions.

Interview Question – Can you commit to 5 shifts a week?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for US Jesco? Contribute to the Community!

US Jesco Videos

US Jesco – Why Work for Us?

US Jesco International is a 3rd Generation, family owned corporation with offices in the United States and Canada. We feature quality products, outstanding values and exceptional customer service. From the time of its… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Jesco interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by US Jesco employees and interview candidates.