US Marine Corps

Relevance Date Difficulty

Criminal Investigator Interview

Criminal Investigator
Twentynine Palms, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Marine Corps in July 2011.

Interview Details – I had to fill out an extensive background package. After a few weeks I was scheduled for a board which consisted of 3 senior staff. They asked me questions about everything from family to work history. I was also asked a series of scenario questions to test my ability to react to situations i might face on the job - law enforcement/ investigations/ integrity.

Interview Question – What was a serious mistake you have made in life and how did to recover from it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no pay increase for billets in the Marine Corps.

Criminal Investigation Interview

Criminal Investigation

The process took 2 days - interviewed at US Marine Corps in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewing for CID was an intense two full day process where every aspect of your personality history and skills were evaluated. A failure to disclose information, lying directly or through omission or a failure to follow all the instructions given to you are grounds for immediate dismissal.

Interview Question – The situational questions. You expect pretty cut and dry situations but they are difficult and demonstrate your ability to think on your feet.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I chose to separate from the Marine Corps to pursue better options in the public sector. My primary motivating factor was time with family.

Worked for US Marine Corps? Contribute to the Community!