US Marine Corps Criminal Investigation Interview Questions

4.0

Criminal Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Twentynine Palms, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Twentynine Palms, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I had to fill out an extensive background package. After a few weeks I was scheduled for a board which consisted of 3 senior staff. They asked me questions about everything from family to work history. I was also asked a series of scenario questions to test my ability to react to situations i might face on the job - law enforcement/ investigations/ integrity.

Interview Questions

• What was a serious mistake you have made in life and how did to recover from it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no pay increase for billets in the Marine Corps.

Other Interview Reviews for US Marine Corps

Criminal Investigation Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Marine Corps in March 2012.

Interview

Interviewing for CID was an intense two full day process where every aspect of your personality history and skills were evaluated. A failure to disclose information, lying directly or through omission or a failure to follow all the instructions given to you are grounds for immediate dismissal.

Interview Questions

• The situational questions. You expect pretty cut and dry situations but they are difficult and demonstrate your ability to think on your feet.   1 Answer

I chose to separate from the Marine Corps to pursue better options in the public sector. My primary motivating factor was time with family.