US Marine Corps Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.4

Marine Corps Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quantico, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps (Quantico, VA).

Interview

Lengthy and intense, very physical and challenging. A 10 week process. The interview consisted of several leadership tests as well as knowledge tests. You were tested on your ability to follow orders as well as give them.

Interview Questions

• No real questions just many tests to judge your character.   1 Answer

Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview

Asked basic questions, mostly lied about what I would be doing and where I would be doing it. Lasted less than half an hour however the actual signing took over 3 hours since the military likes to waste time and make you wait for no reason while the employees fumble around to make it look like they are doing something productive vs actually doing something productive like helping out the applicants.

Interview Questions

• Did I have a criminal background, drug abuse background. Alcohol abuse is fine since alcohol fuels the military machine.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary due to having a pulse makes you an excellent candidate.

Marine Corps Infantry Interview

Interview

talk to a recruiter, go to meps. they do a full body physical and make sure you are fit for duty. It will be a long day. hurry up and wait is expected

Infantry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Meet a recruiter. He sold me. Took the asvab. Signed the contract. Went to MEPS. Took a physical. Went through medical. Got cleared. Hopped on a bus. That was it.

Landing Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at US Marine Corps (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

Over all brief and influential, pretty straight forward in terms of outlining all duties and responsibilities. Well versed and truly professional recruiters (interviewers) that were able to answer all questions in a thorough and timely manner. Did not lie or mislead in any way shape or form. Great experience with true professionals.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a United States Marine?   1 Answer

Marine Corps Infantry Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview

First you will meet with a recruiter, he will then find out information about you. He will need to know if you are a HS graduate or on track to becoming one or if you have a GED. You will need to take a test called the ASVAB. Based off of your scores you will have several options to chose from to become your job in the Marine Corps. Your recruiter and you will plan a date for you to enter boot camp. Prior to boot camp you will go to a place called MEPS. Here they will ask you questions, conduct a physical and check your fitness level. After completing all of these you will then be able to go to Boot Camp.

Interview Questions

• have you ever had a stint with police? They will tell you that they have all of your records and have done background investigations. They will also inform you that anyone caught lying will be fined x amount of money and criminal charges will be applied.   1 Answer

United States Marine Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parkersburg, WV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps (Parkersburg, WV).

Interview

I met with a recruiter and went to MEPS. Once I was cleared through the medical officer at MEPS, I met with a final recruiter who advised me on my career. Once I had my career picked out, I signed a contract and shipped to boot camp.

Enlisted Military Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southgate, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Marine Corps (Southgate, MI).

Interview

The Marine Recruiter sought me out by phone and did a screening over the phone to see if I was basically qualified. Then set an appointment where he picked me up from my house. He had me place "benefit tags" in order of priority and then explained how I would get my top three benefits. Then I scheduled to take my ASVAB and medical physical. After completing that I pick out my job field. The recruiter was very knowledgable and friendly and made me priority when I told him I wanted to join.

Marine Officer Interview

Application

Interview

Tests, medical, etc I don't remember the entire process so I don't want to do any guesswork. It's long and it takes a few months. You can get more information from a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Traditional questions, test, explaining what you are getting into, they don't want just anybody but are highly selective.   Answer Question

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at US Marine Corps (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

They asked alot of questions regarding my backgroud, my aspirations, what it is that I want to do and where I wanted to do. I had to do a complete background check and a physical that included physically demanding obstacles and events.