US Marine Corps

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.5

Marine Corps Officer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Contact an Officer Selection Officer in order to start the process for selection to attend Officer Candidates School. Must pass academic qualifications, physical fitness, and moral standards. Additionally, attendance to OCS is determined by a selection process not guaranteed. An applicant must be selected in order to attend officer training. Job is not determined until after on completes Officer Candidates School.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to talk about what you can offer the Marine Corps and why you would be a good fit to serve as a Marine Corps Officer.   Answer Question

E4 - Marines - Corporal Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps.

Sign contract, go to boot camp, go to basic infantry course or infantry advance course, report to unit or to military occupation school then to unit, train and do book reports and pass test, have high score in physical fitness test, combat fitness test, and marksmanship.

0341 Mortman/Platoon Commander Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps.

Not really an interview. They try to talk you into working for the company. In fact, they almost lie to get you to work there. After, you sign your contract, they then take you to MEPS to see If you meet the entry requirements. Then a few days later, you are off to boot camp. Then after 3 month+- of misery. You become a boot. Then after you deploy to Iraq/Afghanistan, you become a real Marine.

Interview Questions
    no negotiating. you may get to choose your job.

Infantry Squad Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 11+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps.

Go into the recruiting office talk about how you want to be unmatched in awesomeness or you just want free college. Most people either don't know why they want to join or they go to be a grunt. But the types of people they're letting into the Infantry nowadays is way below the standard that I was held to.

Interview Questions
    • Whether or not you have had any experience with drugs.   Answer Question
    You just need to find a job you want and whether or not there's an opening or not. And then you wait a year to go to bootcamp.

Diesel Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parris Island, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parris Island, SC

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Talk to a recruiter he will tell you what you want to know. If you pass the asvab test and minor to no criminal record and common sense you we be fine. Do your research all the way and ask questions

Interview Questions
    • What is your drug history ?

Can you run 3 miles or more?

Answer Question
    Sign and done 4 years contract

Marine Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Pass ASVAB. It is a straight forward process. Once you take the test and pass, you will be presented with a list of jobs you qualify for. Be flexible.

Maintenance Management Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps.

I was always interested in the military so I went to a recruiters office where there were Navy and Army as well as Marine recruiters. The Marines made the best presentation so i chose them and do not regret that decision

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to join the Marine Corps   View Answer

LAV Crewman Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Marine Corps.

While I am, overall, satisfied with my military career, my recruiter did lie to get me to join. Apparently, this is quite common and even socially-acceptable in the Marine Corps.

Interview Questions
    • We played a game in which we choose different priorities for what we wanted out of the Corps.   Answer Question

Interview for USMC Enlistment At Recruiting Office Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at US Marine Corps.

I went into a USMC recruiting office and was very open about myself and my background when it came to school, jobs, health, religious, political area and "Drugs". Now i have never been asked such indepth questions about smoking pot back in middle school back 10 years ago and wanting to know how much and long I smoked the stuff. Now I'm going to be blunt since I was to both recruiters after i told the I held a 3.9 GPA in both middle and High school while doing both band and Boy Scouts obtaining Eagle Scout and graduated with the top 5% of my class while working a part time restaurant job then going to Brevard County College to become a Police officer and getting my certification with a 4.0 GPA. I don't think drugs were effecting me in any way shape or form, but from the reflection in their voices they didn’t want nothing more to ask like i was unusable. That was a big insult considering where my family background is from, Mother Retired SMSGT Airforce paralegal office administration, Father Former USMC Sgt. Aviation maintenance and built team for the McDonnell Douglas AV-8B Harrier II, Mother's uncle retired commissioned officer lieutenant Coast Guard, NASA Space flight engineer during all Apollo Mission and designed the Grumman F-14 Tomcat.

From all of this I have not heard back from any of them after giving my complete honesty and background either they won't take me or they are a bunch of myopic fools either way they lose.

Interview Questions
    • How many times did you smoke pot? How much in a year did you think you did?   View Answer

United States Marine Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps.

Speak with a Recruiter. Go through initial interview. Do in house drug test. Physical fitness tests. Go to MEPS. Then bootcamp. Experience the worst pain you've ever felt. Be tired, exhausted. Learn team work, life skills, unforgettable memories and brothers and sisters that you will never forget. Join a brotherhood that you will stay in long after you leave. Become a Marine.

Think about college