US Marine Corps Interview Questions

2.5

Enlisted Military Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps.

I originally went to enlist with the army, but they said i didn't meet the minimum entry standards. As i was walking out of the office the USMC recruiter was standing out side and asked how i was doing. I explained what had happens in the Army's Office and he said: "Don't worry about that, come talk to me and i will work with you to get you to meet our entry standards." And he did, for three months i worked with my recruiter and he got me to where i needed to be and i enlisted. Thanks for the help and not giving up on me.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a criminal history, including speeding tickets? (May not disqualify you, but needs a special waiver)   View Answer
    • Do you or have you ever taken Drugs of any kind? (May not disqualify you, but needs a special waiver)   View Answer

Basic Marine Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Marine Corps.

You will sit with a recruiter who will help you explore all the tangible and intangible benefits the Marine Corps has to offer. You will be required to take a screening test to help determine of you will be able to pass the armed services vocational aptitude battery (ASVAB).

Interview Questions
    • Are you ready to make the most exciting change in your life?   Answer Question

Marine Corps Officer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Contact an Officer Selection Officer in order to start the process for selection to attend Officer Candidates School. Must pass academic qualifications, physical fitness, and moral standards. Additionally, attendance to OCS is determined by a selection process not guaranteed. An applicant must be selected in order to attend officer training. Job is not determined until after on completes Officer Candidates School.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to talk about what you can offer the Marine Corps and why you would be a good fit to serve as a Marine Corps Officer.   Answer Question

E4 - Marines - Corporal Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps.

Sign contract, go to boot camp, go to basic infantry course or infantry advance course, report to unit or to military occupation school then to unit, train and do book reports and pass test, have high score in physical fitness test, combat fitness test, and marksmanship.

0341 Mortman/Platoon Commander Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps.

Not really an interview. They try to talk you into working for the company. In fact, they almost lie to get you to work there. After, you sign your contract, they then take you to MEPS to see If you meet the entry requirements. Then a few days later, you are off to boot camp. Then after 3 month+- of misery. You become a boot. Then after you deploy to Iraq/Afghanistan, you become a real Marine.

Interview Questions
    no negotiating. you may get to choose your job.

Infantry Squad Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 11+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps.

Go into the recruiting office talk about how you want to be unmatched in awesomeness or you just want free college. Most people either don't know why they want to join or they go to be a grunt. But the types of people they're letting into the Infantry nowadays is way below the standard that I was held to.

Interview Questions
    • Whether or not you have had any experience with drugs.   Answer Question
    You just need to find a job you want and whether or not there's an opening or not. And then you wait a year to go to bootcamp.

Diesel Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parris Island, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parris Island, SC

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Talk to a recruiter he will tell you what you want to know. If you pass the asvab test and minor to no criminal record and common sense you we be fine. Do your research all the way and ask questions

Interview Questions
    • What is your drug history ?

Can you run 3 miles or more?

Answer Question
    Sign and done 4 years contract

Marine Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Pass ASVAB. It is a straight forward process. Once you take the test and pass, you will be presented with a list of jobs you qualify for. Be flexible.

Maintenance Management Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps.

I was always interested in the military so I went to a recruiters office where there were Navy and Army as well as Marine recruiters. The Marines made the best presentation so i chose them and do not regret that decision

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to join the Marine Corps   View Answer

LAV Crewman Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Marine Corps.

While I am, overall, satisfied with my military career, my recruiter did lie to get me to join. Apparently, this is quite common and even socially-acceptable in the Marine Corps.

Interview Questions
    • We played a game in which we choose different priorities for what we wanted out of the Corps.   Answer Question