US Marine Corps Interview Questions

2.6

Marine Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Pendleton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Pendleton, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps in January 2008.

Officer Candidates School is the interview process. It is designed to weed out those who do not posess the leadership abilities required to lead Marines into a combat zone. It is 10 weeks of no sleep, physically and mentally challenging problem solving scenarios, and extreme physical conditioning. They will yell at you and force you to make difficult decisions without sleep, or a full understanding of th environment around you. This is essential because in combat you will never have the whole picture, and your ability to make a sound decision without all the information is critical. No decision is the worst course of action you can choose. You will be put in command of your peers, and expected to lead them. Egos and personality types will clash, almost everyone around you is an alpha male. You will fail. They want to see how you handle failure, how you rebound. You have to rate your peers, and they have to rate you. You will see every evaluation your peers make on you. Pride cannot get in the way of poor leadership traits you posess that you must correct. Your Marines' lives depend on your ability to lead them. Integrity is the number one trait you must posess. Your word will be the word of God to your Marines. What you say goes, therefore you must speak honestly, and never look the other way. You must overcome the stigma of being a "rat" if you witness someone else lying, and report it. You will be held just as accountable as the liar or cheater if you do not.

Interview Questions
    • Here is a rope, a barrel, a toothpick, and a 4 foot piece of plywood, and 3 other Officer Candidates. You have 5 minutes to develop a plan, brief it to your team and cross this river without touching the water. Don't forget to factor in front and rear security, Go.   View Answer
    No negotiations. They don't need you. That's their attitude. You have to want to be a Marine Officer. They tell you where you will go, what job you will perform, and your pay is predetermined on the military pay scales. You will spend six months in Quantico, VA after OCS for training as an ifantry platoon commander. Depending on how you graduate from there, affects what job you will get. From there you will move to your MOS (military occupational specialty - essentially the job you will perform in the Marine Corps) which can be as short as a month or two (supply) or over two years (flight school). From there you go to the Fleet Marine Force where you assume your duties as either a shop head, or a platoon commander.

Second Lieutenant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps in April 2008.

From your first interaction with the OSO, it is a continuous interview process until you ship out to OCS. Your dedication, responsibility, enthusiasm and a variety of other criteria can be monitored and documented. Always be professional, honest, and motivated for the best evaluation. There is also a physical fitness test (PFT), a background check, 1:1 interview, and drug test. OCS is a 12 week training and screening process. Contact your OSO for more information.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to become a Marine Corps Officer?   View Answer

Officer Interview

The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps in January 2008.

If you have a +1000 SAT, + 3.0 GPA, no medical problems, good athletics, no criminal history and have a normal, well adjusted disposition, you have a good shot at making it into OCS.

Find a recruiter that will work with you and make sure you start taking care of all of the stuff you need to do.

Once you get to OCS remember that their goal is to weed people out and your goal is to stay in, so don't give up. The bar of gold at the end of the rainbow is worth it.

N/A

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at US Marine Corps in May 2009.

The interview process was very detailed and consisted of a set of questions dealing with the laws and regulation. the interview was done by a panel of peers of high or equal ranking. The panel was composed of personnel from equal area of consideration dealing with portions of the job. the panel decision was then followed by more close interview one on one.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your self in less than a minute   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a personnel issue such as personnel not coming to work on time   Answer Question
    i had a chance to negotiate but did not take advantage of it. it should have.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps in September 2008.

written package, ASVAB, one on one interview, OCS

very competitive

Communications Officer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at US Marine Corps in August 2009.

I spoke to an Officer Recruiter, completed my package for submission to the officer recruitment board, and passed an initial Physical Fitness Test. I was also screened medically. Upon selection by the board, I was sent to Officer Candidate School, where I spent the next 10 weeks either freezing or being shouted at. Or both simultaneously. I passed, commissioned as a 2ndLt, and spent the next 6 months at The Basic School learning how to lead Marines.

Interview Questions
    • There were many difficult questions during OCS and TBS, but creativity and teamwork will help you pull through.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, I just signed the dotted line.

O-4, Marines, Major Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at US Marine Corps.

Must contact Officer Selection Officer in your region. Aggressive interview process includes mental and physical evaluations.

Rifleman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Met with recruiter. Discussed my goals and ambitions. He then put me on the enlistment screening test to test my ability to pass the ASVAB. Mounted a pull-up bar and had to do at minimum two pull-ups. Then was interogated for medical, legal, drug usage, and financial history. After found to be qualified we went right into the sales process. He presented benefit tags and made me pick out my three most important tags. I picked pride of belonging, challenge, and physical fitness. The recruiter asked why each tag was important to me then related specific features of the Marines to match my needs. After the three tags were explained he asked me to enlist.

Interview Questions
    After accepting the offer I was sent to a military processing statin where I took a physical and background check for a security clearance and was enlisted during a oath ceremony

Logistics Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quantico, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps.

Extremely difficult. Involves background checks, initial assessment, demonstration over six weeks of physical fitness, maturity, charisma, and leadership potential.

Interview Questions
    • Physical problem solving to demonstrate leadership, when there was no correct solution to the problem given.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Successfully passing is celebrated with a parade of all of the graduates.

Military Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quantico, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps.

10 Weeks of hell for the most prestigious job in the world

Interview Questions
    • Are you ready to choose who lives and dies for your country?   View Answer
    10 weeks of hell, no negotiation, just hard work