US Marine Corps Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.6

E5 - Marines - Sergeant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Marine Corps.

Find a recruiter online and he'll do the rest. unless you are a horrible person you'll get in. most kids are teenagers that apply so they don't have crazy records.

Administrative Specialist NCO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Recruiters are looking out for their assigned mission. They have jobs to fill and quotas to meet. Unless you're desperate, be patient until you get the MOS, bonus and contract you want. Don't let them badger you. Be honest. Be patient. Be firm. If you wait out the recruiter and don't give in to their pressure, you can get a better MOS. Don't just go for whatever they say. Research the job fields, find online forums to talk to Marines in various jobs, and find out what you really want to do.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask about criminal background, medical history, mental health, and illegal drug use.   View Answer
    • Why do you want to be a Marine?   View Answer
    Military pay and benefits are established by congress. There is no negotiation. However, if you have 12 college credits, you can be automatically promoted to E-2 and have increased pay throughout your initial training period.

Avionics Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Marine Corps.

fairly simple don't lie..... tell the truth. anything in your past can come out and if you lie you set yourself up for failure from the beginning. it is something that you cannot come back from

Assault Amphibian Platoon Commander Interview

It's a very lengthy process on both the officer and enlisted side of the house. This is to ensure that you are mentally, physically and morally capable of carrying out the duties of a Marine. Entry training is brutal, but it's for the best. Don't work for us if you aren't 100% sure this is the path you need to be on.

Interview Questions
    • Boot Camp and OCS continually make you question your place.   Answer Question
    It was take the commission or get out. No negotiations.

Financial Manager Interview

No Felonies, No tattoos, No broken bones, High School Diploma, pass a written test, complete basic training, pass drug test. Must be motivated and willing to be flexible in work hours.

E5 - Marines - Sergeant Interview

Interview Questions
    • Is that a bad thing? Well, that depends on your reasons for considering a military enlistment. If you have a strong desire to kill the enemy, the Marine Corps is for you because that is what the Marines do. Either you want that or you don’t, plain and simple. If you simply want a challenge, any other branch of the military will provide you with plenty of opportunities to test yourself. Army Rangers and Green Berets, Air Force Pararescue Jumpers, and the Navy Seals all offer extreme physical and mental challenges outside of the Marine Corps. So if you are considering joining the Marine Corps, think long and hard about what that means before going to a recruiter and signing up.”   Answer Question

Marine Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Background screening, Knowledge test, physical evaluation

Career Planner Interview

The hiring/interview process began when I took an accessment test. The test scores I received decided the career path I would take within this organization. The scores were sent to a recruiter who contacted me for a face to face meeting. During the meeting he presented me the job options in which I qualified for. I selected the best option and my journey began.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel you will be an asset to this organization?   Answer Question

Aviation Radar Repairman Interview

There's not really an interview process. It's more so just a process that ensures that you are physically and mentally capable of your job title through testing.

Maintenance Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps.

Spoke to a recruiter and was scheduled for initial physical and mental test. Once I passed those, I was given a ship date and entered recruit training a few months later.

Interview Questions
    • Personally, the hardest part was being away from home. Training was not easy, but I was prepared, nothing prepared me for the absence of home life.   Answer Question