US Marine Corps

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.5

Marine Corps Officer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps.

As an officer, the hiring process involves many things. The main goal is to try and disqualify you. 1. Background Check. 2. Extensive medical exam and review of all medical history. They will even call your doctor from when you were a child and get you medical records. 3. College degree with acceptable GPA. All transcripts will be submitted. 4. Physical Fitness Test (PFT) 3 mile run, 20 pullups, 100 crunches. 5. Friends and co-workers interviews and surveys. 6. Selection Board. All your requirements will complete a package that is reviewed by a board where you compete with all other officer candidates. You will compete with all the other candidates who are looking to join at the same time for a limited number of slots. If you are selected, you will attend Officer Candidate School (OCS) where there is a high washout rate. If you pass OCS then you will attend The Basic School (TBS) for 6 months. After TBS you will attend your military occupational specialty (MOS) school which varies in length based on the MOS.

Interview Questions
    There isn't one. If you survive, you made it. Congratulations, you will be a 2ndLt.

Marine Corps Infantry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camp Pendleton, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Camp Pendleton, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps.

You will be in a school house setting for 3 months that is physically rigorous and mentally stimulating. You will get taught the skills you need to success in this job.

Interview Questions
    • I don't believe there is a difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Supply Officer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at US Marine Corps.

the hiring process is very difficult and lengthy and you must go through a commissioning source like the Naval Academy or ROTC from a civilian university; you must also go through the basic school and usually officer candidate school which is very physically demanding

none

U S Marine Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Marine Corps.

enlistment process consisted of a written test and physical. Before leaving for boot camp you had to complete a physical agility test consisting of pull ups and sit up and 1.5 mile run. Completion of 12 weeks of boot camp.

Marine Corps Officer Interview

The interview process starts from the day you meet your OSO and his staff-NCO in the recruiting station. They monitor and evaluate your potential for leadership, notwithstanding the prerequisite physical fitness which must be competitive in order to become selected to OCS.

Marine Corps Officer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps.

Be in shape, be motivated, be ready. You will forge your future. Return forms and questionnaires promptly and do not make excuses. Take accountability for your actions.

Interview Questions
    • Aviation Qualification Test was unexpected and I had not prepared. Failed first try, but got book and studied for second. The Marine Corps is not looking for fearless individuals, they are looking for calculated risk takers.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Marine Corps.

recruiters makes the process easy. There's a enlistment test to determine what jobs you qualify for. A physical exam, a back ground check, and an education check. You then enlist into the delayed entry program until you go to boot camp, then after boot camp you go to the school that teaches you to do the job you will have.

Administrative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Marine Corps.

ASVAB was the most important factor in the acceptance of my contract. overall the recruiter is not interested in your qualifications other than your desire to join.this portoin is the least of your worries if you are qualified.

N/A

Deputy Commander Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

There was no interview. I signed up at the recruiting office. They were especially helpful since I was what they were looking for. If you want to call it an interview, then I was asked questions to see if I fit a profile of what they were looking for.

There was no negoitiating.

Marine Corps Officer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at US Marine Corps.

Went to the local Officer Selection Officer (OSO) office and told them I wanted to be an officer. After officer candidate school I took the aviation exam and graduating I was commissioned as a 2nd Lt. I then went through the basic school and flight training.