US Marine Corps Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2014
245 interviews

2.5

CASS Tech Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at US Marine Corps.

You go into a recruiting office, tell them you want to join, they give you a sample ASVAB test. If you pass, then they either put you through Delayed Entry Program or sign you through to go to MEPS and boot camp right away. You have to be able to at least pass the Physical Fitness Test (PFT)...

Interview Questions
    You can travel and college is paid for...

Logistics Officer Interview

no hiring process just pass a physical, pass a written test, qualify with weapons, qualify in a gas chamber, use a gas mask, demonstrate leadership skill, work as a team member

Interview Questions
    • none the easiest question to pass was did you use drugs   Answer Question

5952 Navigational Aids Electornic Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Recruiters are always available regardless of holiday or weather conditions. Extremely proactive in finding the best position that fits a recruit. Will work tirelessly to promote the company. During interview asks questions specific to the recruit's personal situation to better understand the person they are enlisting.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, after ensuring I was qualified to enlist the recruiter worked personally with me to bring me the process and kept my family abreast of every step taken.

E4 - Marines - Corporal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Marine Corps in July 2010.

Speak with your recruiter. Remember your recruiter, god bless them, is just trying to do a job. He has to meet a quota every month; what's known as making mission. Very few of them are actively trying to "screw you". But if you're not vocal about what you want it can happen. The fiscal year begins in October. That's when you have the best shot of getting the job that you want. Be honest but if there's no record of it you can leave it off.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever done drugs before. If hypothetically you smoked Marijuana when you were younger but you were never caught and there's no record of it. Should you answer yes or no. That's one that I'll leave up to you. You should always be honest when applying for entrance to the military. Our core values are honor, courage, and commitment. But, unless you're trying to get a very special security clearance. It won't matter if you say no.   Answer Question

Marine Corps Infantry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Marine Corps.

What you need to understand about becoming a Marine is the process of being screened. When you go to a recruiter these things are a must. Be able to do at least 3 pull ups, 80 situps and run 3 miles under 28 minutes. Now please understand if you do these things they will accepted you on the physical standard part but you will have a very hard time during boot camp if this is all you can do. If you really want to make it as a Marine you need to be able to do 15 pullups, 100 situps in two minutes and run three miles in 25 minutes. Once again this is not a perfect score. A perfect score for a "Physical Fitness Test" Or " PT Test" is 300. Each pull up is worth 5 points up to 20 pullups(100pts), each situp is worth 1 point up to 100 situps(100pts) and then run 3 miles in 18 mins(100pts) each minute over 18 mins subtract 6 points from 100. So, the example I gave above, 15 pullups, 100 situps and a 3 mile run in 25 minutes would give you a score of 251. A first class PFT for males under the age of 26 is 225. So you would have a solid first class PFT. And a good foundation for success for the demanding physical regiment of boot camp. This is the BIGGEST part of being successful as a Marine. The right mind set. As a Scout Sniper Instructor I have seen the biggest, strongest and fastest men fail because mentally they are not prepared. You must let go of your individual wants and needs. You must resigned yourself to that fact that your life will be different forever. I do not say that lightly. I say it from experience and from seeing it. Men who fail as Marine Infantry Offices and Enlisted are men who could not let go of their comforts, their needs and their wants. It is no longer about you and what makes you happy, Its about what you can do for the Marine to the left and right and the Marine Corps. I am no "Kool-Aide" drinking Marine that has been stripped from independent thought. I am an Airborne Scout Sniper that has reached Sgt. by finally realizing this almost to late in my career. I barely made it threw boot camp and didn't realize what I needed to do until I reached the School of Infantry at Camp Geiger in Jacksonville NC. I will stress this one more time. If you can not let go of being a kid who just worries about himself and what someone can do for you, I promise you, that you will never make it. You might slip threw the cracks at boot camp. You might even squeak by at the School of Infantry (SOI) but when you get to your Battalion battle harden Marines will beat this out of you. I don't me physically beat you, though it can happen, but your life as you know will suck. So, recap, you will be highly successful if you get your body in proper shape before shipping to Parris Island or San Diego but please head my waring you must get your mind ready as well. On a small note if you want to go to Sniper School, RECON of MARSOC you must score a 110 or higher on the GT part of your ASVAB. The common mistake around the country is that Marines are just Jarheads. To be specialized you must posses both brains and muscles. Good luck to you, your decision to join the Corps will be the best thing you ever did.~Semper Fi!!!

Interview Questions
    • There are questions from the recruiter about your past, drug use, police and other personal questions.   View Answer
    No negotiation!

Safety Manager Interview

its the same as for any military organization, you submit everything that has to do with you being a US citizen then theres a physical requirement part. Once you pass those you will have to take a common knowledge test to see how you rack up against everyone else. If you pass that then your send to get an actual doctor physical. After that you get shipped off to your location for bootcamp. Good luck there.

Interview Questions
    • Dont lie about surgeries or injuries from your past and good luck getting in with tattoos these days   Answer Question
    none, its contract work

United States Marine Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McAllen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 12 months - interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Stringent, both mentally and physically demanding.

NONE

Avionics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, MS

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at US Marine Corps in May 2010.

Just go to a recruiter he will tell you criteria

none

Squad Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denton, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at US Marine Corps.

I went into a recruiting office in Denton, TX where they tested my pull-ups, 3mi run time, and sit-ups, offered me the choice of a few different jobs, I choose one that I had to wait a year for, but then they offered me security forces first then infantry over 5 years, no bonus, fly out to California within the week, I took it, it was a great decision as far as the Marine Corps experience is concerned, 8 countries and a war later.......

Interview Questions
    You can negotiate, but remember your goals in taking on this experience, don't let money convince you to do something different under contract with them for 5 years that you didn't originally want to do. Come in with your decision made on jobs, stick to that, make them ship you now or walk out and leave your contact info, they will figure out how to please you, it is their sole job in life to get you on a plane.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Marine Corps in January 2014.

Basic medical, moral, education, and background screening with recruiter. Mental and medical processing physical, and then keeping everything the same until you ship out to recruit training for 12 weeks on the most challenging journey of your life to try and see if you can earn the title of United States Marine!

Interview Questions
    • Do you have what it takes to earn the title?   View Answer
    No negotiation. You bring what you can to the table and hope that you have what it takes.