US Marine Corps Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.5

Marine Corps Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview

Went to the local Officer Selection Officer (OSO) office and told them I wanted to be an officer. After officer candidate school I took the aviation exam and graduating I was commissioned as a 2nd Lt. I then went through the basic school and flight training.

Interview Questions

• Why to you want to be a Marine.   2 Answers

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview

depending on government budget and the recruiters qouta your the one being given the sale pitch...if it sounds too good to be true, then it is. get the promises in writing and amongst all things if you dont score great for the job you want then refuse to sign, you have no obligation and dont be a little girl and let their intimidation threaten you

Interview Questions

• The questions you dont ask...always question them because once your in they will certainly question you as far as your honesty and trust. this place is riddled with lack of trust   Answer Question

E5 - Marines - Sergeant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Spokane, WA).

Interview

Will take you as long as you're not a criminal. Have to take ASVAB and had either GED or high school diploma. Will enter into the DEP until you are set to leave for boot camp. Do not get to specify exact job unless joining the reserves.

Negotiation

5k signing bonus in 2006

Battalion Adjutant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Tampa, FL).

Interview

To enter in to the 0231 field you must go through an interview process with a minimum of an E-7 in the 0200 field and meet with their approval. After that you must qualify for at least a SECRET Clearance to attend NMITC the Intelligence School. You must past the 3 month course at NMITC then you will be assigned to a unit. While at the school you will have a back ground investigation ran on you and you must qualify for at least a Top Secret clearance. A Top Secret Sensitive Compartment Information clearance is preferred.

Interview Questions

• What is it you really want to accomplish here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation with the Marine Corps.

Marine Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

There are multiple paths to hiring, primary amongst these are: Officer Candidates School (OCS), Service Academy (Navy) or Enlisted Commissioning. Most will come through (OCS) either as a college student or graduate. The program consist either two 6-week sessions (non-grads) or a 10-week program (Seniors/Grads). You will be evaluated intensively and must demonstrate a high level of leadership potential and commitment to success in order to earn a commission.

Interview Questions

• Do you have the internal fortitude to push your limits beyond anything you may have done before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation is conducted after accepting a commission. New officers will compete for positions (MOS).

SSgt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eureka, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Eureka, CA).

Interview

If your in moderate physical shape, in high school, and play sports, your golden. This kind of person will less likely fail the initial strength test, have less to distract him/her i.e. drugs, alcohol, free time (think a kid needs to focus on graduating, listening to there parents, ect. ect.) sports keeps them grounded in school as well.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to start becoming a man? reason if you say yes, congrats, your going to boot camp. if you say no then your not ready to be a man.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview

Find a recruiter online and he'll do the rest. unless you are a horrible person you'll get in. most kids are teenagers that apply so they don't have crazy records.

Administrative Specialist NCO Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Marine Corps (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Recruiters are looking out for their assigned mission. They have jobs to fill and quotas to meet. Unless you're desperate, be patient until you get the MOS, bonus and contract you want. Don't let them badger you. Be honest. Be patient. Be firm. If you wait out the recruiter and don't give in to their pressure, you can get a better MOS. Don't just go for whatever they say. Research the job fields, find online forums to talk to Marines in various jobs, and find out what you really want to do.

Interview Questions

• They will ask about criminal background, medical history, mental health, and illegal drug use.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to be a Marine?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Military pay and benefits are established by congress. There is no negotiation. However, if you have 12 college credits, you can be automatically promoted to E-2 and have increased pay throughout your initial training period.

Avionics Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview

fairly simple don't lie..... tell the truth. anything in your past can come out and if you lie you set yourself up for failure from the beginning. it is something that you cannot come back from

Interview

It's a very lengthy process on both the officer and enlisted side of the house. This is to ensure that you are mentally, physically and morally capable of carrying out the duties of a Marine. Entry training is brutal, but it's for the best. Don't work for us if you aren't 100% sure this is the path you need to be on.

Interview Questions

• Boot Camp and OCS continually make you question your place.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was take the commission or get out. No negotiations.