US Marine Corps

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at US Marine Corps

Interview Details – The interview process starts from the day you meet your OSO and his staff-NCO in the recruiting station. They monitor and evaluate your potential for leadership, notwithstanding the prerequisite physical fitness which must be competitive in order to become selected to OCS.

Interview Question – why do you want to become a Marine Officer?   Answer Question

Marine Corps Officer

I applied in-person and the process took 9 months - interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview Details – Be in shape, be motivated, be ready. You will forge your future. Return forms and questionnaires promptly and do not make excuses. Take accountability for your actions.

Interview Question – Aviation Qualification Test was unexpected and I had not prepared. Failed first try, but got book and studied for second. The Marine Corps is not looking for fearless individuals, they are looking for calculated risk takers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Marine Corps Officer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview Details – Went to the local Officer Selection Officer (OSO) office and told them I wanted to be an officer. After officer candidate school I took the aviation exam and graduating I was commissioned as a 2nd Lt. I then went through the basic school and flight training.

Interview Question – Why to you want to be a Marine.   View Answers (2)

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at US Marine Corps

Interview Details – I did not interview for the job other than my interview to be accepted into the Naval Academy. I attended USNA for four years and graduated, which then automatically leads to a commission in the Navy or USMC. I chose the Marine Corps over the Navy because of the culture and overall better leadership.

Interview Question – I did not interview for the job other than my interview to be accepted into the Naval Academy. I attended USNA for four years and graduated, which then automatically leads to a commission in the Navy or USMC. I chose the Marine Corps over the Navy because of the culture and overall better leadership.   Answer Question

Interviewed at US Marine Corps

Interview Details – Your initial interview for the Marine Officer Program may depend on your entry program. Many potential candidates will interview with an Officer Selection Officer. Others may enter through the Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps or the US Naval Academy. Finally, other will interview from within the organization among the enlisted Marines. Depending on which path you take, there will be an application, screening process, and final selection for which candidates will move forward for potential on site screening (also known as Officer Candidate School). It will be a physically and mentally rigorous course of instruction.

Interview Question – Why should you be consider good enough to lead Marines?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The only negotiating is whether you can qualify for flight or law contract programs.

Marine Corps Officer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview Details – As long as you have a bachelors degree and are in good physical shape, you're able to take charge of your peers and complete the task assigned to you you will make it in this field. If you cannot take critisism, contructive or otherwise, or do not have thick skin this is not a position for you

Interview Question – There was nothing unexpected, it was all very straight forward. For the sake of quality training and to maintain uncertainty little is told of the training process. Its 10 weeks of the most physical and mental stress that one will experience.   Answer Question

Lincoln, NE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview Details – You have to be a first class PFT, score high on the ASVAB, have no moral issues, no criminal history, be medically cleared and have values. It is very hard to be an Officer in the Marines because of all the responsibility you are entrusted with.

Interview Question – You have to be honest on all the questions the recruiters ask you.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Marine Corps Officer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview Details – Just go to a recruiter.

Marine Corps Officer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview Details – If you are in a four-year college pursuing any Bachelor's degree, find a Marine Corps "Officer Selection Officer" or "OSO". This is a recruiter specifically for Marine Corps Officers. And ask about the PLC (Platoon Leader Class) program. Do not wait until your senior year to start this process as the slots are limited and will be gone by that time (especially aviator/pilot).
The process involves Officer Candidate School (OCS) twice during your summer breaks. It allows you to get a good look at the Marine Corps and vice versa. From the Marine Corps perspective it's a "wheat and chaff" separation process. If either side says "No" you both part ways and move on. If you successfully completed OCS you will be offered a commission as a Second Lieutenant when you graduate. From there you will go to The Basic School (TBS) for a six-month school that is, in-essence a Combat MBA. From that point you will then go to your MOS school (Infantry, Artillery, Aviation, etc.)

Interview Question – This is a small organization and the people you meet at OCS and TBS will cross your path constantly during your career.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 12 months - interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview Details – Don't come in looking for benefits. Tell the recruiter you want to be a Marine and they will do all they can to make it happen for you. Lots of screening and paperwork. Looking for academic performance, athletic past, leadership roles, and high moral character.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Worked for US Marine Corps? Contribute to the Community!