US Marine Corps Marine Corps Officer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.8

Marine Corps Officer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview

Contact an Officer Selection Officer in order to start the process for selection to attend Officer Candidates School. Must pass academic qualifications, physical fitness, and moral standards. Additionally, attendance to OCS is determined by a selection process not guaranteed. An applicant must be selected in order to attend officer training. Job is not determined until after on completes Officer Candidates School.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to talk about what you can offer the Marine Corps and why you would be a good fit to serve as a Marine Corps Officer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for US Marine Corps

Marine Corps Officer Interview

Interview

Start early with a visit to the OSO. For many, the physical road will be a long one. Plan far ahead to make sure one's body is ready for the physicality of OCS. Standard Marine Corps and military history knowledge will be tested at OCS. Knowing some in advance will help.

Interview Questions

• Can you get the highest PFT score in your OSO branch? The competition will be difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Marine Corps Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview

As an officer, the hiring process involves many things. The main goal is to try and disqualify you. 1. Background Check. 2. Extensive medical exam and review of all medical history. They will even call your doctor from when you were a child and get you medical records. 3. College degree with acceptable GPA. All transcripts will be submitted. 4. Physical Fitness Test (PFT) 3 mile run, 20 pullups, 100 crunches. 5. Friends and co-workers interviews and surveys. 6. Selection Board. All your requirements will complete a package that is reviewed by a board where you compete with all other officer candidates. You will compete with all the other candidates who are looking to join at the same time for a limited number of slots. If you are selected, you will attend Officer Candidate School (OCS) where there is a high washout rate. If you pass OCS then you will attend The Basic School (TBS) for 6 months. After TBS you will attend your military occupational specialty (MOS) school which varies in length based on the MOS.

Interview Questions

• All of OCS is a mental game.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There isn't one. If you survive, you made it. Congratulations, you will be a 2ndLt.

Marine Corps Officer Interview

Interview

The interview process starts from the day you meet your OSO and his staff-NCO in the recruiting station. They monitor and evaluate your potential for leadership, notwithstanding the prerequisite physical fitness which must be competitive in order to become selected to OCS.

Marine Corps Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview

Be in shape, be motivated, be ready. You will forge your future. Return forms and questionnaires promptly and do not make excuses. Take accountability for your actions.

Interview Questions

• Aviation Qualification Test was unexpected and I had not prepared. Failed first try, but got book and studied for second. The Marine Corps is not looking for fearless individuals, they are looking for calculated risk takers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Marine Corps Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview

Went to the local Officer Selection Officer (OSO) office and told them I wanted to be an officer. After officer candidate school I took the aviation exam and graduating I was commissioned as a 2nd Lt. I then went through the basic school and flight training.

Interview Questions

• Why to you want to be a Marine.   2 Answers

Interview

Interview Questions

• I did not interview for the job other than my interview to be accepted into the Naval Academy. I attended USNA for four years and graduated, which then automatically leads to a commission in the Navy or USMC. I chose the Marine Corps over the Navy because of the culture and overall better leadership.   Answer Question

Marine Corps Officer Interview

Interview

Your initial interview for the Marine Officer Program may depend on your entry program. Many potential candidates will interview with an Officer Selection Officer. Others may enter through the Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps or the US Naval Academy. Finally, other will interview from within the organization among the enlisted Marines. Depending on which path you take, there will be an application, screening process, and final selection for which candidates will move forward for potential on site screening (also known as Officer Candidate School). It will be a physically and mentally rigorous course of instruction.

Interview Questions

• Why should you be consider good enough to lead Marines?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The only negotiating is whether you can qualify for flight or law contract programs.

Marine Corps Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps.

Interview

As long as you have a bachelors degree and are in good physical shape, you're able to take charge of your peers and complete the task assigned to you you will make it in this field. If you cannot take critisism, contructive or otherwise, or do not have thick skin this is not a position for you

Interview Questions

• There was nothing unexpected, it was all very straight forward. For the sake of quality training and to maintain uncertainty little is told of the training process. Its 10 weeks of the most physical and mental stress that one will experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at US Marine Corps (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

You have to be a first class PFT, score high on the ASVAB, have no moral issues, no criminal history, be medically cleared and have values. It is very hard to be an Officer in the Marines because of all the responsibility you are entrusted with.

Interview Questions

• You have to be honest on all the questions the recruiters ask you.   Answer Question