US National Archives and Records Administration Interview Questions & Reviews

1.2

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at US National Archives and Records Administration in June 2014.

Had a pleasant interview, but was rejected in short order. I had a 10 point hiring preference, but they didn't seem to consider it. Seemed to be a lock for the job until the end.

Interview Questions
    • General, run of the mill questions: e.g., "Tell me about a time when you provided excellent customer service." "Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult coworker."   Answer Question

Archives Aid Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at US National Archives and Records Administration in May 2011.

Apply at USAjobs.gov only. I was selected from over 250 applicants so you need a Relevant killer resume. Formal interview wasn't really required for a box mover position which is what the T & D Department aids do all day, all month, all year long. The hiring manager shared in 2013 they aren't looking to hire anymore aids - that GS-4 technician will be minimum sought. We work with temp labor help, but they can't apply so we are losing them after a year with us per contract and many are starting to get hired elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • Is there any reason why you can't climb ladders carrying 40 pound boxes to shelve or unshelve?   View Answer
    The government has a set starting rate in each grade so negotiation is mostly pointless. Take it or leave it.

Archivist Interview

For a student position, it was laid back. Five person interview but they were kind and asked why I wanted to work there and then asked if I can handle the labor.

Student Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at US National Archives and Records Administration.

Nothing really, I came in and they basically said I had the job. No behavioral questions, more questions on how your schedule fits with them.

Fixed hourly pay.

Research Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at US National Archives and Records Administration in March 2009.

I originally applied via my school's career center but decided to contact the recruiter directly. After 10 minutes on the phone with her, she offered me the internship. I guess many students didn't apply, given the internship was offered to me, without much effort on my part. Most of the employees I met with during a informational interview seemed boring & were responsible for documenting numerous gov't documents. Although I talked to a few who did their own research on the side. The atmosphere seemed dulled and dead, I ultimately decided to reject the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Looking over your CV you have no prior experience or have shown any interest in government, so why do want this internship?   View Answer

Student Employee Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at US National Archives and Records Administration in January 2009.

interview process was piece of cake.

talked to a man for about 30 minutes about my resume and my transcript. then he showed me around the place.

got the job.

none

Interviews for Top Jobs at US National Archives and Records Administration

Worked for US National Archives and Records Administration? Contribute to the Community!