US National Guard Database Developer Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missoula, MT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missoula, MT

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at US National Guard in June 2010.

Surprisingly open process, heavily weighted toward skills, rather than certifications. A recruiter contacted me, described the job, checked my clearance and conveyed the details of the job to me. Everyone in the process was immaculately professional and friendly. Be honest with them about your skills and comfort level, get the message across that even if you don't know it all, you know where to find the answers. It worked for me.

Interview Questions
  • How would you structure a database so as to make it scalable?   Answer Question

Unfortunately, the compensation wasn't competitive, even though the benefits were amazing. There was a great deal of travel involved and that gets expensive, even when you're supposedly being compensated. Professional development costs would've also been on my tab and I just can't afford that. It's a shame, because it would've been a marvelous opportunity with wonderful people.