US National Guard

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Database Developer Interview

Missoula, MT

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at US National Guard in June 2010.

Interview Details – Surprisingly open process, heavily weighted toward skills, rather than certifications. A recruiter contacted me, described the job, checked my clearance and conveyed the details of the job to me. Everyone in the process was immaculately professional and friendly. Be honest with them about your skills and comfort level, get the message across that even if you don't know it all, you know where to find the answers. It worked for me.

Interview Question – How would you structure a database so as to make it scalable?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Unfortunately, the compensation wasn't competitive, even though the benefits were amazing. There was a great deal of travel involved and that gets expensive, even when you're supposedly being compensated. Professional development costs would've also been on my tab and I just can't afford that. It's a shame, because it would've been a marvelous opportunity with wonderful people.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for US National Guard? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US National Guard Database Developer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by US National Guard employees and interview candidates.