US Navy

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at US Navy in July 2012.

Interview Details – Situation based scenarios with an emphasis on degree requirements and work experiences. They are looking for a business background and common sense as well. Knowledge of the agency mission is very important in answering the interview questions.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in ten years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation but salary was acceptable.

Arlington, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at US Navy in March 2010.

Interview Details – one day phone interview, about an hour long, basic recap of experience and cultural fit in organization. walked the interviewer through my resume and tied in past projects and internships with demands of position. lots of personality questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience at X company?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at US Navy in November 2008.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through on-campus recruiting. I was notified that I was selected to interview at Washington Navy Yard. I arrived at 9 am, and there was a short presentation with a recruiter and a few current employees. They explained some information about the job and invited questions. Then, they offered me to the opportunity to interview immediately or schedule one for a later date. I opted to take it. There was a panel of about 6 people who represented different Navy agencies. The questions were all pretty standard interview questions - strengths, weakness, experience working with groups, etc. The entire process lasted about 3 hours.

I received a phone call a few weeks later with an offer. I later discovered that they discuss and decide amongst themselves which agency will offer you a job.

Interview Question – Only unexpected was they asked something along the lines of: the military has to procure weapons and other products that will eventually kill and/or injure people. If instructed, you have to buy these things as part of your job. Do you have a problem with that?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It's a government job, there is no negotiation.

Norfolk, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Navy in October 2009.

Interview Details – The Navy has had shortages in the acquisition career fields so since I already has experience in this area it was a matter of gettin gmy resume in front of the right people. It took me about a year of repeatedly applying and finally my resume was chosen by a person who was already a contracts specialist and found my resume through one of her friends. She referred me and then about a month later I received an interview.

Interview Question – There were questions about some Navy specific programs such as NECO, etc. There were also questions about the CCR, DUNS.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was fair. They came with an initial offer that I couldn't afford to accept and I graciously declined and they came back a month later with an offer that I could accept.

Worked for US Navy? Contribute to the Community!