US Navy Engineer Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy (Virginia Beach, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

Interview was simply and relatively straight forward. You were asked some pretty standard behavioral questions followed by questions relating to the experiences mentioned on your resume. No gotcha's, no knowledge specific questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for US Navy

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy (Washington, DC) in June 2011.

Interview

To start the interview they initially contacted me to find out if I was still interested and then to ask when the best day for me to do the interview would be. They then made travel arrangements for me to fly to the location from Oregon. When I arrived at the location I was assigned a guide, partially because it was a restricted area and partially so that I could talk with him and learn a bit more about the position and the responsibilities. When it came time for the interview, it was a panel of 3 managers from separate operations, one of which was the manager that I would be working under. Overall it was a fairly standard interview, with the basic questions everyone asks, including but not limited to what my favorite class was, where I'd see myself in 5 years and the like. Afterwards I thanked them, they thanked me and that was about it. The people who were there were fairly relaxed and seemed friendly. The only reason I put the experience as neutral rather than positive was because afterwards there was no contact whatsoever as to if I had an offer or if I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite subject/class in college? Least favorite? Why?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ridgecrest, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy (Ridgecrest, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Pros: Interview was very personable and explained open positions well. Got me excited about working there. The interviewer also very honest about the challenges of working there as well as the benefits. The interviewer seemed very excited about the opportunities offered there. Con: Location is in the middle of no where. Was only a phone interview.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Navy (Washington, DC) in May 2010.

Interview

thorough review of relevant work history. examined specifics of resume. what $ projects, scope of involvement

Interview Questions

• Describe a negative stressful time, your reaction/response, the outcome   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

It was a fantastic process and I really enjoyed being part of it. If I could do it all over again, I would. If I have any advice it would be to not be nervous on the interview, be confident and ask for more money than you think that the job will pay.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy (Bethesda, MD) in April 2009.

Interview

Slow and inflexible. 1 month between verbal offer and written offer. No recognition of masters degree.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated for larger relocation bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaylord, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Navy (Gaylord, MI) in June 2008.

Interview

The navy is hiring applicants that are educated, physically fit and medically fit. from day of the interview to joining can take any where from 72 hr to an month based on medical and education history.

Interview Questions

• Know what you expect from the navy and what your plans are for the future   1 Answer

Negotiation

your shippng date to boot camp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy (Washington, DC) in March 2008.

Interview

Questions regarding principles of nuclear reactor operation, thermodynamics, atomic physics, chemistry, materials, and electrical engineering with practical training as supervisor of a Nuclear Reactor operation team. Explain Nuclear fission? Explain radiation control measures.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Navy in January 2007.

Interview

The Navy is very thorough with background checks, so make sure you don't leave anything out. Just be honest. I had a few problems in life before getting in (and a few during) but that didn't disqualify me from most good jobs. And stick to your guns. Don't just let them tell you what job to get. Get out and check things.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Navy in March 2010.

Interview

Was interviewing for a graduate level position. Company invited 100 college seniors to base for dinner, presentation, and short 30 minute interviews. Scheduled each person for one or two in advance and then each candidate had to go search for others to interview with, depending on schedules. I met with three departments. Whole interview process was a little disorganized. Some didn't get or look at resumes in advance so half the time was spent on basics and/or getting sold on the company. Said they would let us know after a month. Six weeks later I had to call and figure out what was going on.