US Navy

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Entry Level Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Hueneme, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Hueneme, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy in September 2012.

Asked general questions interview questions, nothing technical. No test was given and I was not asked to give a demonstration on a whiteboard. Questions like "what is your best quality as an employee, what is your worst?"
   Long interview process with Agency. Requires a clearance. You will have to fill out the e-QIP form online which is mandatory to get a clearance. If you don't get an "interm clearance" then you probably won't get the job even if the agency AND the navy want you ;if going through an agency they will find someone else. Be CLEAR and take every precaution to expedite the e-QIP because the way you answer some of the questions as well as the supporting information you provide may get you the interm clearance or not. Supporting documentation can be attached to the form online and is highly recommended to be both thorough and well organized (do the research on how to fill this form out.)
  If you don't get an interm clearance the wait could be from 6 months to a Year before they complete the investigation (no joke.)

Interview Questions
  • Asked me what I would do differently if I could do it over again and why.   Answer Question

I was declined because my e-QIP was denied an interm clearance but they needed to fill the position and could not wait 6 months to a year.