US Navy

Updated Feb 8, 2015

2.3

Military Police Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy.

We are big on honesty on drug testing and honesty on Security Clearance questionnaire. We are also big on previous organization affiliations and whether or not you have an arrest record or criminal activity especially if it is not disclosed during screening. Certain jobs or careers will have you working in locations that will not allow for visible tattoos past the sleeve of a t-shirt. Grooming standards are a huge thing and being able to wear a uniform in the precise and correct manner as to not bring discredit upon the service which you applying for. Patience, moral and mental aptitude will all be a must in order to make it through basic training.

Interview Questions
    It was nothing like it is now. This is a totally different time for military service.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at US Navy in November 2011.

There was no interview process for me to obtain this position. When I was hired I was given pamphlets and information and then released to my work center. I was given a position description that outline my duties but after I met with my supervisor she changed the duties to fit what she wanted. This created tension and an unstable work environment. The HR Department was not any help and I was left to try to rectify the situation on my own. After several months I was finally able to do the job I was hired for but this caused some of those in management position to think of me as a trouble maker. It was a very rocky start but things evened out after about a year.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question I was asked was why did I rock the boat getting my duties straight. It was unexpected because most of the other employees were not in the same situation I was in.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant & Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Navy in February 2010.

4-Star By Name Request

Interview Questions
    • Approach to taking over from someone being replaced for poor work performance...   View Answer

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl Harbor, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl Harbor, HI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy in August 2009.

Study for the ASVAB, find the nearest recruiting office and discuss your options. Fair warning, your assignment is based on the needs of the company and your strongest aptitudes. There may be an initial delay of assignment varying from one month up to six months.

Interview was actually June 2007.

Interview Questions
    • Are you sure this is what you want to do with your life?(This is not for everyone)   Answer Question
    Strict. You are limited to the options provided to you based on your aptitudes and needs of the company. It is not princess cruise lines.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at US Navy in April 2009.

First you go to the recruiter after you find out which branch you wanna join and sign up and pick your job, then it's off to MEPS for your physical and drug test and then you wait to get sworn in and then it's set and your off when your date is set and that time comes!!

Interview Questions
    • None really, it isn't that bad, you just go through the process and do your time, after awhile you'll love it!!   Answer Question
    Some jobs offer a signing bonus, but the catch is if you accept the bonus you have to do extra time in to get it and once you get to your duty station after basic and job training you'll get that bonus direct deposited!!