US Navy

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Military Police Interview

Honolulu, HI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – We are big on honesty on drug testing and honesty on Security Clearance questionnaire. We are also big on previous organization affiliations and whether or not you have an arrest record or criminal activity especially if it is not disclosed during screening. Certain jobs or careers will have you working in locations that will not allow for visible tattoos past the sleeve of a t-shirt. Grooming standards are a huge thing and being able to wear a uniform in the precise and correct manner as to not bring discredit upon the service which you applying for. Patience, moral and mental aptitude will all be a must in order to make it through basic training.

Interview Question – Criminal convictions and drug usage.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was nothing like it is now. This is a totally different time for military service.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Honolulu, HI

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at US Navy in November 2011.

Interview Details – There was no interview process for me to obtain this position. When I was hired I was given pamphlets and information and then released to my work center. I was given a position description that outline my duties but after I met with my supervisor she changed the duties to fit what she wanted. This created tension and an unstable work environment. The HR Department was not any help and I was left to try to rectify the situation on my own. After several months I was finally able to do the job I was hired for but this caused some of those in management position to think of me as a trouble maker. It was a very rocky start but things evened out after about a year.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question I was asked was why did I rock the boat getting my duties straight. It was unexpected because most of the other employees were not in the same situation I was in.   Answer Question

Electronics Technician Interview

Electronics Technician
Pearl Harbor, HI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Navy in August 2009.

Interview Details – Study for the ASVAB, find the nearest recruiting office and discuss your options. Fair warning, your assignment is based on the needs of the company and your strongest aptitudes. There may be an initial delay of assignment varying from one month up to six months.

Interview was actually June 2007.

Interview Question – Are you sure this is what you want to do with your life?(This is not for everyone)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Strict. You are limited to the options provided to you based on your aptitudes and needs of the company. It is not princess cruise lines.

Cook Interview

Cook
Honolulu, HI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at US Navy in April 2009.

Interview Details – First you go to the recruiter after you find out which branch you wanna join and sign up and pick your job, then it's off to MEPS for your physical and drug test and then you wait to get sworn in and then it's set and your off when your date is set and that time comes!!

Interview Question – None really, it isn't that bad, you just go through the process and do your time, after awhile you'll love it!!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some jobs offer a signing bonus, but the catch is if you accept the bonus you have to do extra time in to get it and once you get to your duty station after basic and job training you'll get that bonus direct deposited!!

Executive Assistant & Director Interview

Honolulu, HI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Navy in February 2010.

Interview Details – 4-Star By Name Request

Interview Question – Approach to taking over from someone being replaced for poor work performance...   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Navy

Worked for US Navy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Navy interview questions and advice in Hawaii. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by US Navy employees and interview candidates.