US Navy Interview Questions

2.3

E6 - Navy - Petty Officer, First Class Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Charles, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at US Navy in September 2010.

it is a long process and be very truthful. They will find out anything that you are lying about. About be able to pass a full medical examine. Also an aptitude test is administer.

Interview Questions
    • the background test is the most difficult   View Answer
    No you can not negotiate for your salary

O3 - Navy - Lieutenant Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at US Navy in March 2010.

must contain a college degree, must be well spoken, must have great recommendations, must be in great shape, must be willing to travel, must be able to adapt to different situations.

US Navy Sailor E4 Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at US Navy in May 2010.

Easy just be clean and drug free. Also you need to have a high school diploma and provide proof of citizenship. Some jobs require you to have clean credit history.

Mechanical Engineer At NRL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at US Navy in December 2010.

I first sent my cv (resume) to and then spoke by telephone with the branch head at one of the Code 6000 NRL branches. I was invited for an interview. I flew up and and went out for drinks and dinner with the the same branch head and with one of the section heads, as well. On the following day gave a presentation and met with other researchers the following day. I was presented with an offer not long thereafter.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I received was highly technical in nature and one which cut to the very validity of some of the results that I had just presented. I answered honestly and moved forward.   View Answer
    Negotiated location assistance.

LELT Interview

You must have experience and the supervisor confidence to handle this position as you will have the sole responsibility for this job. The senior management rarely has the experience or knowledge to give you assistance in making decisions for this role.

Interview Questions
    • Why is "insert sailor name" doing this the way you have not taught him?   Answer Question

Airman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Longwood, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longwood, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Navy in January 2011.

they will trick you with kind words of futures in the navy, you are just a sales pitch they need to make. they will get you to pick what they need to get rid of. not what you want. they will lie to you. they will tell you things that are not true. do not settle for anything less than exactly the rate you want or you will regert it.

Interview Questions
    • what is the Speed of a .50 cal round as it leaves the barrel   View Answer

Information Systems Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shreveport, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at US Navy in April 2010.

I had to first complete the standardized test first, then I was able to accept the job that fit my skills. Pass the background check and then complete the assessments through basic training.

Interview Questions
    • If you was an animal which animal would you consider yourself to be.   Answer Question
    • Why are you currently looking for a job at this moment.   Answer Question

Nuclear Submarine Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at US Navy in October 2010.

An initial accessions interview will occur, typically in college, through a recruiter. The interview is technical, focused on basic engineering concepts. Very simple. Recommendations are made to the Director of Naval Reactors, who will interview you briefly, asking only a question of two. This is usually a formality, as he will read your file prior to you coming in and most likely have already decided before you even sit down! My interview with the Director lasted maybe 5 minutes. The previous interviews, from two different engineers, lasted about 30 minutes each.

This occurs in Washington, D.C. at the Navy Yard. They will cover transportation and lodging.

Interview Questions
    • The technical interviews were simple. I am a Electrical Engineer, so he gave me a circuit with series and parallel branches and had me solve for various qualtities. The other interview was physics based and a pretty simple free-body diagram, solving various items.

My NROTC advisor prepared me pretty well, so the interviews were pretty simple.
        Answer Question
    None. Take it or leave it.

WG02 Data Entry Interview

Long and complicated, it was a government services job but it's still the military. I just had to go through a normal military processing, background check, and human resources.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at US Navy in June 2010.

The interview is based on what a person scores on the ASVAB test and the type of job they are applying for. For example, although a person may score high enough for the job they are applying for, their enlistment may be delayed until the needs of the Navy have been met.

Interview Questions
    • None. Based on testing performance, physical and mental attributes.   Answer Question

Worked for US Navy? Contribute to the Community!