US Navy

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.3

LPO Interview

They walked into the shop on a Friday afternoon and told me I had the job starting Monday. I was getting the job because I was the most senior person. The person I was to replace was changing shops to get more qualifications.

Interview Questions

I declined, but they still made me do the job.

Civil Engineer Corps Officer Interview

Interview process setup by recruiter and easy to perform. Interview itself was as expected, nothing too out of the ordinary. Mostly based on decision to serve, wishes once in service, and ability to handle change and deployments overseas.

Interview Questions
    • What are three words you would use to describe yourself.   Answer Question
    N/A

DON Recent Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patuxent River, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patuxent River, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at US Navy.

Meet and Greet Event: Networking and interview session.

Networking (Day one): Introduction to different departments in the company and what each department is looking. Chance to get more interviews and learn more about the company.

Interview Session (Day two): At least one interview if called for the Meet and Greet event.

Missile Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukie, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukie, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Navy.

I went to the local U.S. Navy recruiting office and talked about opportunities with the U.S. Navy. There were a lot of details about my job that the recruited (not being a Missile Technician) could not possibly know; therefore, be prepared for the unexpected. Know well in advance of your arrival what you want to do in day-to-day operations. I knew mostly what I wanted and consequently got mostly what I wanted. Be assertive in your goals and communicate them appropriately to the recruiter. Make sure you carefully read your contract - and know that not everything is in it.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you want to be a Missile Technician in the U.S. Navy?   View Answer
    My ASVAB was 97/99; therefore, I could have been a nuclear reactor technician if I wanted. Since I wanted to be a Missile Technician, I considered the other offer for a day then came back and told the recruiter my decision to join as an MT.

Steel Worker E5 Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 11+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy.

Went to a navy recruiter. Do your own research before you let them rope you in. It is not a bad job but realize you are just a quota for a recruiter.

Sailor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a year or moreinterviewed at US Navy.

You must not have a criminal record or be in financial debt. You must be physically able to meet their requirements which are tested. You must pass an aptitude test (computer based) which both decides your eligibility and position.

No negotiation

Second Class Petty Officer Interview

Very easy to get in initially. Boot Camp for 10 weeks - if you make it through boot camp you're in. Talk to a recruiter initially and find out the details on the next steps. I thought I was going in for a different position, but was given the opportunity to join the US Navy. Everyone is helpful and wants you to succeed.

No negotiations

E6 - Navy - Petty Officer, First Class Interview

Wasn't hard at all. Just went to the Navy Recruiter's office and sat down with the recruiter and discussed the options avalable and what my intrests were. We discussed my job history and education. The recruiter let me know of all the benifits available like G.I Bill, TSP, SGLI and insentive pays for different programs.

E7 - Navy - Chief Petty Officer Interview

Easy interview-As long as you can pass a physical, the Navy will take you. Plenty of job options available depending on your ASVAB score. Eventually, when you're assigned to a submarine, you will face a lot of interviews for qualification boards, but on-the-job experience will fully prepare you.

Interview Questions
    • Psychological screening in basic submarine training. You won't hear the results of it   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

When you go enlisted it is pretty straightforward, you go talk to a recruiter. It helps to do a little researcher just in case the recruiter attempts to see you on a different navy rate.

You have no negotiation