US Navy

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.3

Air Traffic Control Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy.

There is no interview process. A civilian has to meet certain qualifications (i.e. US citizen, no severe lawful punishments) in order to be processed through the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS). However, before being processed a civilian should be familiar with the ASVAB test that is required to take in order to be placed (based on the score) in certain job titles. Once a civilian is processed through MEPS, then he or she will go to the Naval Boot Camp at the Great Lakes Naval Training Center in Illinoise.

Interview Questions
    • There are certain questions that are asked when talking to a recruiter prior to going to MEPS. These are all easy questions, but the question that a civilian should be asking is what is the best way to study for the ASVAB.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation unless there are certain financial debts a civilian is wanting the Navy to deal as part of a "negotiation." However, don't fully trust a recruiter that tells you everything will be taken care of. It is important to have all deals written on paper.

Supply Chain Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at US Navy.

3 interviews and extensive background check of security. Discussed the acquisition cycle for federal government and all aspects of supply chain and logistics support for DoD. Discussed specific organizational goals and challenges to overcome.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated timing since salary was fixed. good experience!

Nuclear Electronics Technician First Class Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy.

You must score an ASVAB score higher than approx. a 70 with high line scores or take an additional test to prove that you are educated enough to make it into the program. A drug test is required regularly and a back ground check is performed. You must also be within physical weight standards and be able to perform basic physical exercises.

Interview Questions
    • The only real question is if you swear to protect the citizens of the USA.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations.

US Navy Pilot Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy.

I was accepted through US Naval Academy as the commissioning source. In order to become a pilot, you have to have had decent grades in order to choose/receive the job that you want. Out of the Naval Academy I went to Aviation Preflight Indoctrination which was the initial aviation school and then after that on to flight school. The bottom line is that grades and performance will ultimately decide the platform that you will be able to choose (for the top graduate) or receive (for everyone else).

Interview Questions
    • Not applicable - it's a long process and not an interview.   Answer Question

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Initial contact was easy and simple. I contacted my local Navy recruiter and all paperwork was gone over in depth. The entire process was seamless and effortless. I chose a job based on scores from my ASVAB scoring. The recruiter walked me through everything I would encounter in boot camp and I signed. It couldn't be easier.

Interview Questions
    We discussed job opportunities that best suited me and I chose from a list of open billets.

Training Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy.

Federal hiring process is cumbersome (5 page resume and lengthy application that requires assistance from someone with knowledge on federal resumes). Expect the hiring process to be slow (3-4 months).

Interview Questions
    • Very basic interview with immediate job offer because they already knew my caliber of work.   Answer Question
    lengthy. Be patient as long as your request is reasonable.

ELT Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at US Navy.

Easy. just take the ASVAB and do the DEPS. You'll run the health screening and vaccine gauntlet. After a couple months of conditioning you end up on the submarine of your dreams

Logistic Management Specialist Recent Graduate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at US Navy.

Philadelphia location. Stressful the questions were geared toward people already working. They don't like ypu contacting them after the interview they will ignore you. Be warned. Hr is not effective the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

Interview Questions
    • The first question was what do they do ?so research what the department does you are interviewing for.   Answer Question

Naval Officer Interview

Study for the ASTB, OCS is a kick in the balls. The PST is an important part of your package, so put down the ho-ho's and start running. If you can run 4 miles under an average of 8 minutes, then go join the air force.

Financial Management Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at US Navy.

active looking for a position, active looking for a position, active looking for a position, active looking for a position, active looking for a position, active looking for a position, active looking for a position, active looking for a position