US Navy Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.3

AirCrew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Navy (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There was/is no process. You must know what you want to do, and be qualified to do it in accordance with your ASVAB score, and there must be openings available. DO not take your second choice just to get in. Hold out for what you want. Otherwise you could be miserable for the length of your contract and your career set back.

Plane Captain Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Depending your job the in-process can take a while if you don't meet the qualifications. Recruiters do a good job pushing things along. They will tell you upfront whether or not you meet them or not.

Gas Turbine Electrician Interview

Interview

Based on ASVAB store, need to take an ASVAB at a local recruiting station and based on the score will determine qualifications but job availability will also be a factor.

General Dentist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed by the OIC at the 32nd St clinic. The interview was a formality. I was interviewed by a Captain. I was applying for the HPSP "scholarship" program. At the time in 2008 it was a formality. They were offering the scholarship automatically to anyone with a 20DAT and 3.5 GPA.

Interview Questions

• Where are you going to Dental school   1 Answer

IT Tech Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

They ask you about your background, level of education, your accomplishments and set you up for a test. It is a great experience and easy to speak to recruiters. They are always looking for young recruits to join the Navy.

FMTP-Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

I applied for the Navy Financial Management Training Program(FMTP) in October 2014. Got a few calls back in December 2014, asking for phone interviews. Completed phone interviews the week before Christmas 2014. Early January 2015, I heard back from the program's recruiter, saying I was accepted for a few locations. Took a few weeks to decide which location I was going to accept with. Start date is late February 2015.

Interview Questions

• Easy interviews for all locations. Essentially, I was asked to describe myself for a minute or two, and they asked if I had any questions about the FMTP. Whole interview took five minutes, if that.   Answer Question

Contract Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Filled out application on USAJOBS about 3 months later was called in for a interview and about 2 months after that I was offered the position then I had to wait for my background check to be completed and I contacted my references to see if they had been contacted yet so I could guess if it was close to being complete

Air Traffic Control Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy.

Interview

There is no interview process. A civilian has to meet certain qualifications (i.e. US citizen, no severe lawful punishments) in order to be processed through the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS). However, before being processed a civilian should be familiar with the ASVAB test that is required to take in order to be placed (based on the score) in certain job titles. Once a civilian is processed through MEPS, then he or she will go to the Naval Boot Camp at the Great Lakes Naval Training Center in Illinoise.

Interview Questions

• There are certain questions that are asked when talking to a recruiter prior to going to MEPS. These are all easy questions, but the question that a civilian should be asking is what is the best way to study for the ASVAB.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation unless there are certain financial debts a civilian is wanting the Navy to deal as part of a "negotiation." However, don't fully trust a recruiter that tells you everything will be taken care of. It is important to have all deals written on paper.

Supply Chain Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at US Navy.

Interview

3 interviews and extensive background check of security. Discussed the acquisition cycle for federal government and all aspects of supply chain and logistics support for DoD. Discussed specific organizational goals and challenges to overcome.

Interview Questions

• Where do you se yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated timing since salary was fixed. good experience!

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy.

Interview

You must score an ASVAB score higher than approx. a 70 with high line scores or take an additional test to prove that you are educated enough to make it into the program. A drug test is required regularly and a back ground check is performed. You must also be within physical weight standards and be able to perform basic physical exercises.

Interview Questions

• The only real question is if you swear to protect the citizens of the USA.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations.