US Navy

Relevance Date Difficulty

Nuclear Submarine Officer - Interviewing A As Midshipman Interview

Nuclear Submarine Officer - Interviewing A As Midshipman
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – 2 or 3 technical interviews with engineers. Mostly calculus and physics, but potentially chemistry or technical fields related to the academic concentration of the candidate. FInally, one behavioral interview with the 4-star admiral in charge of all naval nuclear reactors. He will ask questions about motivation, times you've failed (grades below a B), books you've read, etc. Technical interviews last 25-45 minutes each. Admiral interview lasts under 5 minutes and is the ultimate deciding factor in the hiring process.

Interview Question – Explaining the "C" grades I earned on college.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Gas Turbine Technician Interview

Gas Turbine Technician
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at US Navy in January 2010.

Interview Details – ASVAB test taken at the recruiting station to determine your best fit within the military. The recruiter will inform you of the positions with which your skills will be utilized most effectively. For more popular areas of opportunity there could be months of delay in waiting for your schooling to have a vacant seat.

Interview Question – any previous convictions, and illegal substance use   View Answer

Negotiation Details – signing a 4 year enlistment contract

SK2 Interview

SK2
Columbus, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at US Navy in June 2010.

Interview Details – Went to recruiter, he explained everything, I joined! Make to to ask if you do have questions. Choose a career path before you go in so you can get schooling and make rank.

Interview Question – There were really no unexplained things from the recruiter I had. He answered all questions and explained most everything.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the school I wanted and got it guaranteed before I went in. That is the best way going in and you may be able to obtain rank before boot camp or right after your school, which is very nice.

Military Interview

Military

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – its not a real hiring process if you meet standards then and you are good to go just make sure that you are in a good physical condition and that you can complete they physical demands.

Interview Question – they were none so your good to go   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Operations Specialist

Interviewed at US Navy

Interview Details – Not a very difficult hiring process, went to the recruiter, did the test, picked a job and shipped off to bootcamp. The guys at my station were very helpful they gave me a lot of insight on what to expect from bootcamp and the fleet. I had a very good transition from civilian to military life.

Interview Question – Trying to be cleared from my security clearance was very hard while I was in boot camp, they want to know everything about your family, your expenses, everything you have financed. It was hard to keep everything in tact while being questioned on the spot.   Answer Question

Hospital Corpsman Interview

Hospital Corpsman

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – the recruiter came over, we talked about the reasons I wanted to join, he told me the benefits there were to joining and then we started the process for getitng into the Navy itself. I had to go to the MEPS building and get a physical so that I could get a full bill of health and to make sure I wasn't on any drugs.

Interview Question – there wasn't any   Answer Question

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Aircraft Mechanic
Brooklyn, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Navy in June 2010.

Interview Details – no interview required because this is a military service job. you just need your personal information and required documentation. I had a high school diploma and passed the drug test. that's was it

Interview Question – no questions   Answer Question

US Navy Sailor E4 Interview

US Navy Sailor E4

I applied through other source - interviewed at US Navy in July 2010.

Interview Details – there were a bunch of evaluation every year before the examination. however there are no hiring and interviews like what they normally have in civilian firms. to get a promotion. all you need to do is study hard,

Logistics Specialist Interview

Logistics Specialist
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at US Navy in August 2010.

Interview Details – Fairly easy. Got accepted without much difficulty. See my recruiter. He ask me some simple question, and go take the exam, passed without much difficulty. Waited a few months before going to boot camp.

E8 - Navy - Senior Chief Petty Officer Interview

E8 - Navy - Senior Chief Petty Officer

Interviewed at US Navy

Interview Details – Talk to your recruiter and they will hire just about anybody! Your in if your under the age of 42 I believe, If you want to serve your country then give the Navy a try great benefits and compensation

Worked for US Navy? Contribute to the Community!