US Navy

312 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Commissioned Naval Officer Interview

Newport, RI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 months - interviewed at US Navy in May 2010.

Interview Details – Extensive application process. Background check is surprisingly thorough. Your passion and commitment to duty and self sacrifice will be checked. Leadership potential will be assessed. Potential ability to multitask, quickly assess situations and make decisions with possible loss of life will be determined. Moral integrity, honesty, and personal "grit" are essential prerequisites. Essential understanding of the building blocks of teamwork is critical. Communication skills are a pre-requirement. Please understand the role of history and sacrifices of your forefathers enable your consideration to serve our citizens.

Interview Question – Explain to me how you are prepared to make the "Ultimate Sacrifice".   Answer Question

Logistics Specialist Interview

Troy, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – There was not an interview as the positions within this organization is all voluntary depending upon your Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery scores as an enlisted or you attend a university utilizing either the Navy Reserve Officer Training Program or Naval Academy.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected question during the process.   Answer Question

HT Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – Take the ASVAB, the recruiter will fill out paperwork concerning background/medical, go to MEPS for medical tests and background information and upon successful completion you will get a job offer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join the navy?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Division Director Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – Active duty military position. i was detailed to this job and did not interview.

Interview Question – I was not asked any questions as I was detailed to the position.   Answer Question

Navy Officer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – As an officer candidate applying to enter the naval nuclear power training path, the interviews were more technically oriented. All the candidates met with multiple engineers and then had a final interview with the head of the program, kind of like the COO. You found out a few weeks later, as I recall. It's an unusual and rigorous process which has proven successful for over 50 years.

Interview Question – Why did you receive a 'C' in this (fill in the blank) class?   Answer Question

Aviation Electronics Technician Second Class Interview

West Dundee, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – Just talked to recruiter and he set me up with everything I needed to do.

ENSIGN Interview

Buffalo, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at US Navy in February 2010.

Interview Details – Very thorough, covers everything from criminal history to medical history. It may be a longer process for some rather than others. The interviews prior to going to bootcamp are very important.

Interview Question – Just tell the truth about everything and you can't go wrong.   Answer Question

Legislative Liaison Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – 3 levels of review. Immediate boss, lunch with prospecive peers, Deputy and then Chief of Legislative Affairs

Interview Question – Biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Engineering Duty Officer Interview

Annapolis Landing, MD

I applied through college or university - interviewed at US Navy in April 2010.

Interview Details – Based on GPA while I was at USNA. Prescreening process followed by voluntary interviews.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be an EDO?   Answer Question

US NAVY Interview

Dallas, TX

Interview Details – Very simple. Talk to a recruiter and take a practice asvab test to assess your basic skills.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Navy

Worked for US Navy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Navy interview questions and advice. All 312 interview reviews posted anonymously by US Navy employees and interview candidates.