US Navy Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.3

Second Class Petty Officer Interview

Very easy to get in initially. Boot Camp for 10 weeks - if you make it through boot camp you're in. Talk to a recruiter initially and find out the details on the next steps. I thought I was going in for a different position, but was given the opportunity to join the US Navy. Everyone is helpful and wants you to succeed.

No negotiations

E6 - Navy - Petty Officer, First Class Interview

Wasn't hard at all. Just went to the Navy Recruiter's office and sat down with the recruiter and discussed the options avalable and what my intrests were. We discussed my job history and education. The recruiter let me know of all the benifits available like G.I Bill, TSP, SGLI and insentive pays for different programs.

E7 - Navy - Chief Petty Officer Interview

Easy interview-As long as you can pass a physical, the Navy will take you. Plenty of job options available depending on your ASVAB score. Eventually, when you're assigned to a submarine, you will face a lot of interviews for qualification boards, but on-the-job experience will fully prepare you.

Interview Questions
    • Psychological screening in basic submarine training. You won't hear the results of it   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

When you go enlisted it is pretty straightforward, you go talk to a recruiter. It helps to do a little researcher just in case the recruiter attempts to see you on a different navy rate.

You have no negotiation

Rescue Swimmer Interview

The hireing process was easy, you have to pass the required physical exams to get a contract to go in as a rescue swimmer. then you have to go to aircrew school, sar school, C school, and fraq, the whole process takes about 1 1/2 years.

none

Senior Nurse Executive Interview

Apply to BUMEd Nurse Corps, multiple interview with directors at facility and also with XO and CO. Selection process lasted about 4 months. These positions are not very sought after in the Navy as they are difficult and there is really no incentive in monetary compensation. The Nurse Corps 06 pool of qualified candidates is small and few raise their hand to do he hard jobs.

No negotiation, it is the Navy

CTT Interview

Walked into a recruiting center, wanted to speak to the Army recruiter, got snagged up by the Navy recruiter, and after hearing all the Navy had to offer, decided to go with the Navy. This was, of course, before President Obama took office and destroyed/removed many of the benefits that newly enlisted could receive (so by the time I enlisted many of the benefits I had been offered we're no longer in effect). Took the ASVAB, scored very high, took a military intel rate, and now I'm basically a janitor with a clearance.

There was not a negotiation

LELT Interview

You must have experience and the supervisor confidence to handle this position as you will have the sole responsibility for this job. The senior management rarely has the experience or knowledge to give you assistance in making decisions for this role.

Interview Questions
    • Why is "insert sailor name" doing this the way you have not taught him?   Answer Question

WG02 Data Entry Interview

Long and complicated, it was a government services job but it's still the military. I just had to go through a normal military processing, background check, and human resources.

Captain Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at US Navy.

Multiple rounds. started in oakland california but i had to get back to the east coast so we were able to continue the paperwork and the certifications in philly near my home.

no negotiations