US Navy Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.2

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy.

Interview

It took 6 months of exercise, diet, paperwork and a clean record to get in. It also required an IQ test of sorts and a physical. You will also be expected to workout and learn as a team with your fellow prospective recruits.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a criminal record ?   1 Answer

Load Dispatcher Interview

Interview

In order to get interviewed for the position, I had to attain a level of knowledge that was expected of a load dispatcher. Some of the knowledge was gained through years of experience and some was self taught through books. Once my level of knowledge had been verified by other sources, I was given the final interview. In this final interview with a Reactor Officer, he asked me a series of level of knowledge questions that pertained to being a load dispatcher.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the duties of a load dispatcher?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Done by a recruiter, simple. The Navy has certain standards and requirements that must be met before you can be processed and sent on to training. Interview experience was easy and quick. The processing time is what drags on while you wait to be processed for Boot Camp and school.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Naval Aviator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at US Navy (Washington, DC).

Interview

For me, the interview process was simply to become a Naval Officer candidate (midshipman). Once I was accepted, then I was screened to become a Naval Aviator. There's little similarity between a civilian interview and the decision to select a midshipman. By having good grades, no questionable actions (drug convictions, arrests, etc.), and strong motivation, I was able to become a midshipman. The process of being selected for aviation is based primarily on needs of the Navy.

Nuclear Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy (Muncie, IN).

Interview

Mechanical, unfeeling, cold, uncaring. You are now a tool, a machine, a part of the system. The interviewing process took several months, beginning for me with a walk-in appointment to the recruiters office. I knew what I was getting into, so this was not going to be a sale. I knew the rate I wanted so this was also not going to be a sale.

The eight months I waited to actually join the Navy consisted of continued interviews, drug tests, follow-up phone calls, group meetings with other recruits, and group physical training. I wanted to join before I walked in, and I knew the rating I wanted. I kept my life and body clean. This eight-month waiting period seemed near the point of harassment.

MEPS, or Military Entrance Processing Command was the final salvo of personal examinations and questionnaires prior to shipment to boot camp. Perhaps this was the most brutal portion of the interview, where multiple recruits are herded like cattle around the processing facility.

We were given several types of physical screening exams, as well as several types of emotional and psychological screening exams. All the while, we were treated like sub-humans, I suppose, to prepare us for boot camp. This seemed to me like an awkward way to treat someone that could still walk out of a job interview. Perhaps the recruits did not know they could still do this.

All-in-all, I would definitely recommend the Navy to a friend. The interview process was not enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Did you use drugs, have you used drugs?   1 Answer

Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at US Navy.

Interview

No iterview necessary just show up take some tests get a physical sign and get a free workout no gym membership needed. free clothes too. then they fly you for free your destination of choice and you get three meals a day

Interview Questions

• None necessary. Just tests and placements   1 Answer

AirCrew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Navy (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There was/is no process. You must know what you want to do, and be qualified to do it in accordance with your ASVAB score, and there must be openings available. DO not take your second choice just to get in. Hold out for what you want. Otherwise you could be miserable for the length of your contract and your career set back.

Plane Captain Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Depending your job the in-process can take a while if you don't meet the qualifications. Recruiters do a good job pushing things along. They will tell you upfront whether or not you meet them or not.

Gas Turbine Electrician Interview

Interview

Based on ASVAB store, need to take an ASVAB at a local recruiting station and based on the score will determine qualifications but job availability will also be a factor.

General Dentist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed by the OIC at the 32nd St clinic. The interview was a formality. I was interviewed by a Captain. I was applying for the HPSP "scholarship" program. At the time in 2008 it was a formality. They were offering the scholarship automatically to anyone with a 20DAT and 3.5 GPA.

Interview Questions

• Where are you going to Dental school   1 Answer