US Navy Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2014
Updated Sep 24, 2014

2.3

Rescue Swimmer Interview

The hireing process was easy, you have to pass the required physical exams to get a contract to go in as a rescue swimmer. then you have to go to aircrew school, sar school, C school, and fraq, the whole process takes about 1 1/2 years.

none

Senior Nurse Executive Interview

Apply to BUMEd Nurse Corps, multiple interview with directors at facility and also with XO and CO. Selection process lasted about 4 months. These positions are not very sought after in the Navy as they are difficult and there is really no incentive in monetary compensation. The Nurse Corps 06 pool of qualified candidates is small and few raise their hand to do he hard jobs.

No negotiation, it is the Navy

CTT Interview

Walked into a recruiting center, wanted to speak to the Army recruiter, got snagged up by the Navy recruiter, and after hearing all the Navy had to offer, decided to go with the Navy. This was, of course, before President Obama took office and destroyed/removed many of the benefits that newly enlisted could receive (so by the time I enlisted many of the benefits I had been offered we're no longer in effect). Took the ASVAB, scored very high, took a military intel rate, and now I'm basically a janitor with a clearance.

There was not a negotiation

LELT Interview

You must have experience and the supervisor confidence to handle this position as you will have the sole responsibility for this job. The senior management rarely has the experience or knowledge to give you assistance in making decisions for this role.

Interview Questions
    • Why is "insert sailor name" doing this the way you have not taught him?   Answer Question

WG02 Data Entry Interview

Long and complicated, it was a government services job but it's still the military. I just had to go through a normal military processing, background check, and human resources.

ITS1 Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at US Navy.

Pretty straight forward, take the ASVAB and get assigned a MOS. Get through your A-School and get to the fleet. Not hard to get in which is probably the root problem with the service right now. THEY WILL TAKE ANYONE!!.

Chief Logistics Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Navy.

One on one with recruiter, you have to want it, take the lead, take the test, study before hand and do your research, it helps to know what you want out of life!

Captain Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at US Navy.

Multiple rounds. started in oakland california but i had to get back to the east coast so we were able to continue the paperwork and the certifications in philly near my home.

no negotiations

Reactor Operator Interview

No interview required. Pre-employment testing is a joke. Be prepared to sign away six years of you life. Great deal of medical screening and superfluous admin required.

Nuclear Submarine Officer - Interviewing A As Midshipman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at US Navy.

2 or 3 technical interviews with engineers. Mostly calculus and physics, but potentially chemistry or technical fields related to the academic concentration of the candidate. FInally, one behavioral interview with the 4-star admiral in charge of all naval nuclear reactors. He will ask questions about motivation, times you've failed (grades below a B), books you've read, etc. Technical interviews last 25-45 minutes each. Admiral interview lasts under 5 minutes and is the ultimate deciding factor in the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining the "C" grades I earned on college.   View Answer
    N/A

Worked for US Navy? Contribute to the Community!