US Navy Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
395 interviews

2.3

LELT Interview

You must have experience and the supervisor confidence to handle this position as you will have the sole responsibility for this job. The senior management rarely has the experience or knowledge to give you assistance in making decisions for this role.

Interview Questions
    • Why is "insert sailor name" doing this the way you have not taught him?   Answer Question

Airman Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Longwood, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Longwood, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Navy in January 2011.

they will trick you with kind words of futures in the navy, you are just a sales pitch they need to make. they will get you to pick what they need to get rid of. not what you want. they will lie to you. they will tell you things that are not true. do not settle for anything less than exactly the rate you want or you will regert it.

Interview Questions
    • what is the Speed of a .50 cal round as it leaves the barrel   View Answer

Information Systems Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Shreveport, LA
    Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at US Navy in April 2010.

I had to first complete the standardized test first, then I was able to accept the job that fit my skills. Pass the background check and then complete the assessments through basic training.

Interview Questions
    • If you was an animal which animal would you consider yourself to be.   Answer Question
    • Why are you currently looking for a job at this moment.   Answer Question

Nuclear Submarine Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at US Navy in October 2010.

An initial accessions interview will occur, typically in college, through a recruiter. The interview is technical, focused on basic engineering concepts. Very simple. Recommendations are made to the Director of Naval Reactors, who will interview you briefly, asking only a question of two. This is usually a formality, as he will read your file prior to you coming in and most likely have already decided before you even sit down! My interview with the Director lasted maybe 5 minutes. The previous interviews, from two different engineers, lasted about 30 minutes each.

This occurs in Washington, D.C. at the Navy Yard. They will cover transportation and lodging.

Interview Questions
    • The technical interviews were simple. I am a Electrical Engineer, so he gave me a circuit with series and parallel branches and had me solve for various qualtities. The other interview was physics based and a pretty simple free-body diagram, solving various items.

My NROTC advisor prepared me pretty well, so the interviews were pretty simple.
        Answer Question
    None. Take it or leave it.

WG02 Data Entry Interview

Long and complicated, it was a government services job but it's still the military. I just had to go through a normal military processing, background check, and human resources.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at US Navy in June 2010.

The interview is based on what a person scores on the ASVAB test and the type of job they are applying for. For example, although a person may score high enough for the job they are applying for, their enlistment may be delayed until the needs of the Navy have been met.

Interview Questions
    • None. Based on testing performance, physical and mental attributes.   Answer Question

Captain Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at US Navy.

Multiple rounds. started in oakland california but i had to get back to the east coast so we were able to continue the paperwork and the certifications in philly near my home.

no negotiations

Chief Logistics Specialist Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Navy.

One on one with recruiter, you have to want it, take the lead, take the test, study before hand and do your research, it helps to know what you want out of life!

ITS1 Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at US Navy.

Pretty straight forward, take the ASVAB and get assigned a MOS. Get through your A-School and get to the fleet. Not hard to get in which is probably the root problem with the service right now. THEY WILL TAKE ANYONE!!.

Reactor Operator Interview

No interview required. Pre-employment testing is a joke. Be prepared to sign away six years of you life. Great deal of medical screening and superfluous admin required.

Interview Questions

Worked for US Navy? Contribute to the Community!