US Navy Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.2

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at US Navy (Washington, DC) in March 2008.

Interview

Questions regarding principles of nuclear reactor operation, thermodynamics, atomic physics, chemistry, materials, and electrical engineering with practical training as supervisor of a Nuclear Reactor operation team. Explain Nuclear fission? Explain radiation control measures.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Very good

not a good salary

Nuclear Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Invited to DC to interview. Had technical interviews with three SESs and a final interview with the Director. The technical interviews were 45 minutes and largely focused on calculus and physics problems, but there was also a good amount of time spent in discussion. There is a fit process going on throughout the whole interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you showed leadership? Some of my answer sounded like management to him, so I had to refine mid-course to focus on the leadership side.   Answer Question

Nuclear Submarine Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy (Washington, DC).

Interview

Must possess a crystal clean record (medically, legally) Pass 2-3 hours of Technical Interview (Math, physics) Pass 5-10 minute Personal Interview (4-Star Admiral of the Nuclear Navy Graduate Officer Candidate School (Physical and Academic Training) Graduate Nuclear Power School (Classroom - 6months) Graduate Nuclear Prototype (Practical - 6 months) Graduate Submarine School ( Classroom and practical - 10 weeks)

Negotiation

No negotiations, you take what they offer or you walk.

Special Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy in July 2010.

Interview

May be a long process, up to a year in most cases. Application is online, once that is accepted an oral board will rate the candidate. The results of the board along with other paperwork is submitted to the personnel branch for overall rating.

Interview Questions

• All question are preselected and asked of all candidates.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, government employment.

Navy Pilot Interview

Application

interviewed at US Navy in July 2012.

Interview

Multiple LORs, 4 year degree, high score in mathematics and logic, prior military experience a plus. Be ready to really want this job because it is tough. No prior flight experience needed and it is discouraged.

Surface Warfare Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy (Annapolis, MD) in January 2010.

Interview

Accepted to United States Naval Academy

Interview Questions

• Huge packet of information that needs to be completed in addition to a congressional recommendation   1 Answer

Nuclear Submarine Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at US Navy (Washington, DC) in March 2011.

Interview

I went through three technical interviews at the Navy Yard in Washington DC, where I demonstrated basic calculus skills, problem solving skills, and graduate studies, then interviewed with Admiral Donald, the 4 star admiral who is the Director of Naval Reactors. After I was accepted, I had to complete a 6 month Advanced Nuclear Power certification as well as qualify Engineering Officer of the Watch at a Nuclear Reactor Prototype.

Interview Questions

• How do you describe the force that is internal to a structure due to its own weight?   Answer Question

Realty Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy (San Diego, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with 7 interviewers. Very intimidating. They made it clear I was one of many potential candidates, which cast a negative pall on the interview as it really seemed liked a cattle call. Several interviewers were completely disinterested and somewhat arrogant. Only one gentleman attempted to be sociable and tried to put me at ease. The majority of the interviewers were women who seemed to have chips on their shoulders. After the hour long ordeal I felt as if the group found my experience of no interest. I decided I would never want to work for the Navy and subsequently retracted my application.

Interview Questions

• What was my biggest failure.   1 Answer

Aviation Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy (Sioux Falls, SD) in May 2010.

Interview

Talk to a recruiter to help you start your career

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation with the united states navy.