US Navy

394 candidate interviews

Airman Interview

Airman
Longwood, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Navy in January 2011.

Interview Details – they will trick you with kind words of futures in the navy, you are just a sales pitch they need to make. they will get you to pick what they need to get rid of. not what you want. they will lie to you. they will tell you things that are not true. do not settle for anything less than exactly the rate you want or you will regert it.

Interview Question – what is the Speed of a .50 cal round as it leaves the barrel   View Answer

Information Systems Technician Interview

Information Systems Technician
Shreveport, LA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at US Navy in April 2010.

Interview Details – I had to first complete the standardized test first, then I was able to accept the job that fit my skills. Pass the background check and then complete the assessments through basic training.

Interview Questions

Nuclear Submarine Officer Interview

Nuclear Submarine Officer
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at US Navy in October 2010.

Interview Details – An initial accessions interview will occur, typically in college, through a recruiter. The interview is technical, focused on basic engineering concepts. Very simple. Recommendations are made to the Director of Naval Reactors, who will interview you briefly, asking only a question of two. This is usually a formality, as he will read your file prior to you coming in and most likely have already decided before you even sit down! My interview with the Director lasted maybe 5 minutes. The previous interviews, from two different engineers, lasted about 30 minutes each.

This occurs in Washington, D.C. at the Navy Yard. They will cover transportation and lodging.

Interview Question – The technical interviews were simple. I am a Electrical Engineer, so he gave me a circuit with series and parallel branches and had me solve for various qualtities. The other interview was physics based and a pretty simple free-body diagram, solving various items.

My NROTC advisor prepared me pretty well, so the interviews were pretty simple.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Take it or leave it.

WG02 Data Entry Interview

WG02 Data Entry

Interviewed at US Navy

Interview Details – Long and complicated, it was a government services job but it's still the military. I just had to go through a normal military processing, background check, and human resources.

Interview Question – How long will you work with us?   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Intelligence Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at US Navy in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview is based on what a person scores on the ASVAB test and the type of job they are applying for. For example, although a person may score high enough for the job they are applying for, their enlistment may be delayed until the needs of the Navy have been met.

Interview Question – None. Based on testing performance, physical and mental attributes.   Answer Question

ITS1 Interview

ITS1

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward, take the ASVAB and get assigned a MOS. Get through your A-School and get to the fleet. Not hard to get in which is probably the root problem with the service right now. THEY WILL TAKE ANYONE!!.

Interview Question – Do you have a pulse?   Answer Question

Chief Logistics Specialist Interview

Chief Logistics Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – One on one with recruiter, you have to want it, take the lead, take the test, study before hand and do your research, it helps to know what you want out of life!

Interview Question – What do you want to do with the rest of your life?   Answer Question

Captain Interview

Captain

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – Multiple rounds. started in oakland california but i had to get back to the east coast so we were able to continue the paperwork and the certifications in philly near my home.

Interview Question – Can't remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Gas Turbine Technician Interview

Gas Turbine Technician
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at US Navy in January 2010.

Interview Details – ASVAB test taken at the recruiting station to determine your best fit within the military. The recruiter will inform you of the positions with which your skills will be utilized most effectively. For more popular areas of opportunity there could be months of delay in waiting for your schooling to have a vacant seat.

Interview Question – any previous convictions, and illegal substance use   View Answer

Negotiation Details – signing a 4 year enlistment contract

Nuclear Submarine Officer - Interviewing A As Midshipman Interview

Nuclear Submarine Officer - Interviewing A As Midshipman
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – 2 or 3 technical interviews with engineers. Mostly calculus and physics, but potentially chemistry or technical fields related to the academic concentration of the candidate. FInally, one behavioral interview with the 4-star admiral in charge of all naval nuclear reactors. He will ask questions about motivation, times you've failed (grades below a B), books you've read, etc. Technical interviews last 25-45 minutes each. Admiral interview lasts under 5 minutes and is the ultimate deciding factor in the hiring process.

Interview Question – Explaining the "C" grades I earned on college.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Worked for US Navy? Contribute to the Community!