US Navy

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.3

Civil Engineer Corps Officer Interview

Interview process setup by recruiter and easy to perform. Interview itself was as expected, nothing too out of the ordinary. Mostly based on decision to serve, wishes once in service, and ability to handle change and deployments overseas.

Interview Questions
    • What are three words you would use to describe yourself.   Answer Question
    N/A

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy in November 2010.

There really isn't a traditional interview process. You get screened by a recruiter for a lot of different things. Drug use, criminal history, aptitude testing. You don't even get physically screened anymore. You don't pick a job until a few days before you leave for bootcamp, and they don't provide a clear view of the jobs, or give you much time to pick one before you get thrown into a plane to go to Chicago.

There is none.

DON Recent Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patuxent River, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patuxent River, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at US Navy.

Meet and Greet Event: Networking and interview session.

Networking (Day one): Introduction to different departments in the company and what each department is looking. Chance to get more interviews and learn more about the company.

Interview Session (Day two): At least one interview if called for the Meet and Greet event.

Missile Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukie, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukie, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Navy.

I went to the local U.S. Navy recruiting office and talked about opportunities with the U.S. Navy. There were a lot of details about my job that the recruited (not being a Missile Technician) could not possibly know; therefore, be prepared for the unexpected. Know well in advance of your arrival what you want to do in day-to-day operations. I knew mostly what I wanted and consequently got mostly what I wanted. Be assertive in your goals and communicate them appropriately to the recruiter. Make sure you carefully read your contract - and know that not everything is in it.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you want to be a Missile Technician in the U.S. Navy?   View Answer
    My ASVAB was 97/99; therefore, I could have been a nuclear reactor technician if I wanted. Since I wanted to be a Missile Technician, I considered the other offer for a day then came back and told the recruiter my decision to join as an MT.

Steel Worker E5 Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 11+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy.

Went to a navy recruiter. Do your own research before you let them rope you in. It is not a bad job but realize you are just a quota for a recruiter.

ITS2 Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy in March 2010.

Go talk to a Recruiter for "fool" proof information. If they need you they'll take you. An ASVAB assessment will determine what jobs you qualify for. If your not good at taking tests I would recommend getting a book of practice tests or looking for free ones online.

Interview Questions
    • The Recruiter often cares more about making their quota than anything, so they going to ask the questions that will keep you from getting accepted.   Answer Question

Action Officer, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington Park, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington Park, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Navy in June 2014.

Competitive interviews are conducted by a panel of senior leaders and an HR representative. Candidates are provided a list of 4 - 6 questions 15 minutes prior and are given 30 minutes to discuss the questions in any manner they wish. No additional questions are asked by the panel. It is completely up to the candidate to convey their perspective experience and future performance within the 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • It's late on a Friday. You've been given a task to get a quick turn response on a question that you will have to research with various stake holders. What do you do?   View Answer

Sailor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a year or moreinterviewed at US Navy.

You must not have a criminal record or be in financial debt. You must be physically able to meet their requirements which are tested. You must pass an aptitude test (computer based) which both decides your eligibility and position.

No negotiation

Navy Pilot Interview

interviewed at US Navy in July 2012.

Multiple LORs, 4 year degree, high score in mathematics and logic, prior military experience a plus. Be ready to really want this job because it is tough. No prior flight experience needed and it is discouraged.

Second Class Petty Officer Interview

Very easy to get in initially. Boot Camp for 10 weeks - if you make it through boot camp you're in. Talk to a recruiter initially and find out the details on the next steps. I thought I was going in for a different position, but was given the opportunity to join the US Navy. Everyone is helpful and wants you to succeed.

No negotiations