US Navy Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.3

Instructor Duty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Navy (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

There is a screening medical and mental. You must get two recommendations as well as released from our primary duty. Then there is a brief wait of about two weeks to hear back if you got accepted for this duty which is a high profile job for the navy because you are training the fleet

Interview Questions

• how long have you ben doing your current position what do you feel you can bring to this position why did you choose this type of assignment   Answer Question

Surface Warfare Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

*"UNDESIGNATED" does NOT mean that you will get a try out all of the rates and then pick the one you want! It means that you will do hard manual labor for 1-2 years, then get to choose which of a couple hard manual labor jobs you want for the rest of your career. This is not necessarily bad, but know what you're getting into. Your recruiter will make it sound like you get to try them all and then take your pick--that is NOT the case! I see disappointed young Sailors every day who got duped and are now stuck chipping paint because they trusted their recruiters. It is 1 in 50 that make it into a cushy indoor rate from undes.* These comments apply to officer and enlisted. Very extensive application which takes a long time and requires old medical documentation, recommendations, etc. No formal interview for me, but I think some people have them. You will be dealing with a recruiter who has a quota of people he needs to sign up. Do your own research on what a specific job will be like in the Navy. That means talking to people in that job, talking to other people in the Navy, talking to people in the military, calling multiple recruiters to see if they tell you the same things as your recruiter. This is YOUR job, not the recruiter's. Once he gets you signed, he doesn't care what happens to you. Take control of the process and INSIST on getting the job you want. Some jobs are super popular and competitive, but find out for sure independent of your recruiter because they sometimes tell you a rate is full when it's not--they just benefit from you choosing something else. Please be careful and only sign up for a job you want.

Interview Questions

• They want a written statement of why you want to serve. Have some friends or family proof it before you turn it in, and make sure you edit and reedit it so that it's sharp. If you do these basic things (which you should do for every application), you will stand out from the pack because writing is not most Sailors' strong suit.   Answer Question

Nuclear Submarine Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Interview

2-3 technical screening interviews are conducted by US Naval Reactors engineers at the Washington Navy Yard. A final interview is conducted by the four-star Admiral in charge of Naval Reactors. Based on these interviews and an overall assessment of your application package, you will receive positive or negative confirmation from the Admiral upon completion of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Chemistry, calculus, and engineering questions to determine whether I had the requisite technical knowledge to succeed in the program.   Answer Question

Yeoman Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Theres not much to do to join. Talk to a recruiter to get you started! Depending on your past, you may have to clear somethings up or you may have to meet with someone to get your security clearance (if you need one).

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. Everything is based on how you answer and your history.   Answer Question

Corpsman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Navy (Louisville, KY) in May 2011.

Interview

Very intense, you will need to do a drug test multiple times, so be prepared that they will not take you if you do any drugs at all. Also the test does determine the type of job that you can look for, so make sure to take the test serisselly, it can really help you when picking your job. It is ver intence and just remember to go in and be honet with what your looking for

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Nuclear Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy (Charleston, SC) in July 2011.

Interview

GED, Test well, DEPS, BOOT Camp, 2 years of training and hand on development, once complete the training and qualifications will continue. There are breaks in between the different phases and you do earn 30 days of leave a year.

Interview Questions

• Written, Oral, and Observation Testing, monthly testing, proficiency training and testing.   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Navy in February 2011.

Interview

I swore into the Navy under contract. I signed the contract. I sang a hymn. Jumped and yelled, "Golly gee fi fo fum, why haven't I joined yet, oh so so dumb!" They told me to cut my hair, shave my face and to practice real Navy SEAL dead hang pull-ups!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever committed a felony? Can you read and write?   1 Answer

US Navy Sailor E1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

In order to get into the Navy you first have to visit a recruiter. These recruiters then will take you to their local place of enlistment and have you take the ASVAB test. After the ASVAB test are revealed then they let you chose your job in the Navy. The higher your ASVAB test the more job options you'll have.

Sonar Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Navy (Reno, NV) in May 2011.

Interview

No interview. If you are healthy and will take the job they give you, then you have as good an opportunity to succeed as anyone else. Advancing in the military is incredibly simple however some still seem to struggle. If you are on time, clean, with a shave and a haircut then all you have to do is what the highest ranking person asks. The military is a world of its own and has great jobs all the way to the worst quality of life imaginable. Do your research and reach out to someone in that field. You'll never know what your signing up for because you'll never experience it till after the fact.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your medical history and anything relevant that you wouldn't want an employer to know.   1 Answer

Commissioned Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Navy (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Go to your recruiting station, take the ASVAB test, see how you do. Biggest thing is to be sure of your choice for your job. There are many different jobs available, but moving between them is difficult once you're in.

Interview Questions

• What field do you want to enter.   1 Answer