US Navy Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.3

Chief Logistics Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Navy.

One on one with recruiter, you have to want it, take the lead, take the test, study before hand and do your research, it helps to know what you want out of life!

ITS1 Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at US Navy.

Pretty straight forward, take the ASVAB and get assigned a MOS. Get through your A-School and get to the fleet. Not hard to get in which is probably the root problem with the service right now. THEY WILL TAKE ANYONE!!.

Captain Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at US Navy.

Multiple rounds. started in oakland california but i had to get back to the east coast so we were able to continue the paperwork and the certifications in philly near my home.

no negotiations

Reactor Operator Interview

No interview required. Pre-employment testing is a joke. Be prepared to sign away six years of you life. Great deal of medical screening and superfluous admin required.

Nuclear Submarine Officer - Interviewing A As Midshipman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at US Navy.

2 or 3 technical interviews with engineers. Mostly calculus and physics, but potentially chemistry or technical fields related to the academic concentration of the candidate. FInally, one behavioral interview with the 4-star admiral in charge of all naval nuclear reactors. He will ask questions about motivation, times you've failed (grades below a B), books you've read, etc. Technical interviews last 25-45 minutes each. Admiral interview lasts under 5 minutes and is the ultimate deciding factor in the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining the "C" grades I earned on college.   View Answer
    N/A

Gas Turbine Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at US Navy in January 2010.

ASVAB test taken at the recruiting station to determine your best fit within the military. The recruiter will inform you of the positions with which your skills will be utilized most effectively. For more popular areas of opportunity there could be months of delay in waiting for your schooling to have a vacant seat.

Interview Questions
    • any previous convictions, and illegal substance use   View Answer
    signing a 4 year enlistment contract

SK2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at US Navy in June 2010.

Went to recruiter, he explained everything, I joined! Make to to ask if you do have questions. Choose a career path before you go in so you can get schooling and make rank.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no unexplained things from the recruiter I had. He answered all questions and explained most everything.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate the school I wanted and got it guaranteed before I went in. That is the best way going in and you may be able to obtain rank before boot camp or right after your school, which is very nice.

Military Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Navy.

its not a real hiring process if you meet standards then and you are good to go just make sure that you are in a good physical condition and that you can complete they physical demands.

Hospital Corpsman Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at US Navy.

the recruiter came over, we talked about the reasons I wanted to join, he told me the benefits there were to joining and then we started the process for getitng into the Navy itself. I had to go to the MEPS building and get a physical so that I could get a full bill of health and to make sure I wasn't on any drugs.

Operations Specialist Interview

Not a very difficult hiring process, went to the recruiter, did the test, picked a job and shipped off to bootcamp. The guys at my station were very helpful they gave me a lot of insight on what to expect from bootcamp and the fleet. I had a very good transition from civilian to military life.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to be cleared from my security clearance was very hard while I was in boot camp, they want to know everything about your family, your expenses, everything you have financed. It was hard to keep everything in tact while being questioned on the spot.   Answer Question