US Navy

Relevance Date Difficulty

E8 - Navy - Senior Chief Petty Officer Interview

E8 - Navy - Senior Chief Petty Officer

Interviewed at US Navy

Interview Details – Talk to your recruiter and they will hire just about anybody! Your in if your under the age of 42 I believe, If you want to serve your country then give the Navy a try great benefits and compensation

Very Easy Interview

EOD Interview

EOD
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at US Navy in July 2014.

Interview Details – Looking for a lucrative position in Homeland Security. Would like to live in the contental United States. Have experience in counter Improvised Explosives Devices, Weapons of Mass Destruction, and Underwater Mine Counter Measures

Interview Question – What are my weeknesses   View Answer

Logistic Manager Interview

Logistic Manager

Interviewed at US Navy

Interview Details – My initial interview was my first in over 4 years. In explaining my skills to each interviewer was meet with some challenges. I was able describe to each panel member my experience from each position I held. Going through very detail questions with responses. But my overall interview was probably a B minus.

Interview Question – Having to explain a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Naval Aviator Interview

Naval Aviator
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – First, get selected as an officer, via Naval Academy, NROTC, or post-college graduation officer candidate school (see a recruiter). You'll have to have done very well in school and be in great physical condition, and have an aptitude for aviation (per a written aptitude test). This will hopefully get you selected for U.S. Navy flight school. THEN, study hard, be mature and tolerant of stress, treat every day/flight like a final exam, then you'll graduate and earn your Naval Aviator flight wings

Interview Question – Are you prepared to commit to 8 years of active service in the U.S. Navy, after the 2-3 years of flight school?   View Answer

US Naval Officer Interview

US Naval Officer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward. There are aptitude exams for aviation. Good grades and 20/20 eyesight go a long way. The amount of openings during the year can wary wildly.

Interview Question – Scenarios involving superiors or peers lying, cheating, stealing.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. It's the Navy.

Navy Recruiter Interview

Navy Recruiter

Interviewed at US Navy

Interview Details – Screening process that covers, health, financial background, security clearance requirements, special medical needs of family, alcohol or drug abuse. Interviews by your command DAPA, Fitness Leader, Financial coordinator, Command Master Chief, Executive Officer and Commanding Officer. Applicants will have to complete an on line questionnaire that is designed to identify individuals that may encounter difficulty working with the public or sales. A third level of screening occurs face to face when the member arrives at the Navy Recruiting Orientation Unit.

Interview Question – Do you have an Exceptional Family Member   Answer Question

Information Systems Technician Interview

Information Systems Technician

Interviewed at US Navy

Interview Details – I submitted an application online and I was contacted by a recruiter to see if I would be interested in being a sailor. He asked me questions related to IT specifically networking, SQL etc.

Interview Question – What strengths I had in programming   View Answer

Seaman Recruit Interview

Seaman Recruit

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Navy in October 2010.

Interview Details – Have all required documentation to include- birth certificate, social security card, high school/college transcripts, medical records for existing conditions, parental consent for 17 yr old applicants, picture i.d. Come into office with questions in hand and be organized. Treat the same as any job interview please. Be prepared to take a practice version of ASVAB (Armed Service Vocation Aptitude Battery). Bring court docs for parents that are divorced and remarried showing name changes. Bring court docs for any criminal records and ensure fines are already paid. You can't join with outstanding fines or open court dates or any felonies.

Interview Question – Why do you think you should be allowed to join the Navy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Logistics Management Specialist Interview

Logistics Management Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – APPLIED THROUGH USAJOBS, submitted my resume and other supporting documentation, received and email that i have been referred to the hiring authority, they will contact me if an interview is required, after two weeks from that i was CALLED FOR INTERVIEW, and after the interview it took about 2 weeks I was offered the job.

Negotiation Details – NO NEGOTIATION

Direct Input Officer Nuclear Power Instructor (1210) Interview

Direct Input Officer Nuclear Power Instructor (1210)
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – Found out about opportunity to get paid E-6 or E-7 pay for up to 2.5 years while still a full time university student from Navy recruiter at college job fair. Met high GPA requirements, so applied. Went on familiarization trip to Naval Nuclear Power Training Command in South Carolina to see what Nuclear Power Instructors (Direct Input Officers) do. Got to talk to several current instructors to get their opinions and hear about their experiences. Went to Washington Navy Yard for 2-3 technical interviews and one brief personality interview with 4-star Admiral Director of Navy Nuclear Propulsion. Looking back after many years, everything went as promised.

Interview Question – Why... repeatedly... From the Admiral.   Answer Question