US Navy Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.3

US Navy Pilot Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy.

Interview

I was accepted through US Naval Academy as the commissioning source. In order to become a pilot, you have to have had decent grades in order to choose/receive the job that you want. Out of the Naval Academy I went to Aviation Preflight Indoctrination which was the initial aviation school and then after that on to flight school. The bottom line is that grades and performance will ultimately decide the platform that you will be able to choose (for the top graduate) or receive (for everyone else).

Interview Questions

• Not applicable - it's a long process and not an interview.   Answer Question

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Interview

Initial contact was easy and simple. I contacted my local Navy recruiter and all paperwork was gone over in depth. The entire process was seamless and effortless. I chose a job based on scores from my ASVAB scoring. The recruiter walked me through everything I would encounter in boot camp and I signed. It couldn't be easier.

Interview Questions

• What is my best attribute.   1 Answer

Negotiation

We discussed job opportunities that best suited me and I chose from a list of open billets.

Training Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Federal hiring process is cumbersome (5 page resume and lengthy application that requires assistance from someone with knowledge on federal resumes). Expect the hiring process to be slow (3-4 months).

Interview Questions

• Very basic interview with immediate job offer because they already knew my caliber of work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

lengthy. Be patient as long as your request is reasonable.

ELT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Easy. just take the ASVAB and do the DEPS. You'll run the health screening and vaccine gauntlet. After a couple months of conditioning you end up on the submarine of your dreams

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Philadelphia location. Stressful the questions were geared toward people already working. They don't like ypu contacting them after the interview they will ignore you. Be warned. Hr is not effective the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

Interview Questions

• The first question was what do they do ?so research what the department does you are interviewing for.   Answer Question

Naval Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Study for the ASTB, OCS is a kick in the balls. The PST is an important part of your package, so put down the ho-ho's and start running. If you can run 4 miles under an average of 8 minutes, then go join the air force.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at US Navy.

Interview

active looking for a position, active looking for a position, active looking for a position, active looking for a position, active looking for a position, active looking for a position, active looking for a position, active looking for a position

LPO Interview

Interview

They walked into the shop on a Friday afternoon and told me I had the job starting Monday. I was getting the job because I was the most senior person. The person I was to replace was changing shops to get more qualifications.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was ready.   1 Answer

I declined, but they still made me do the job.

Civil Engineer Corps Officer Interview

Interview

Interview process setup by recruiter and easy to perform. Interview itself was as expected, nothing too out of the ordinary. Mostly based on decision to serve, wishes once in service, and ability to handle change and deployments overseas.

Interview Questions

• What are three words you would use to describe yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

DON Recent Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Patuxent River, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at US Navy (Patuxent River, MD).

Interview

Meet and Greet Event: Networking and interview session.

Networking (Day one): Introduction to different departments in the company and what each department is looking. Chance to get more interviews and learn more about the company.

Interview Session (Day two): At least one interview if called for the Meet and Greet event.