US Navy Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.3

US Naval Officer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Navy.

Pretty straight forward. There are aptitude exams for aviation. Good grades and 20/20 eyesight go a long way. The amount of openings during the year can wary wildly.

Interview Questions
    • Scenarios involving superiors or peers lying, cheating, stealing.   View Answer
    None. It's the Navy.

Navy Recruiter Interview

Screening process that covers, health, financial background, security clearance requirements, special medical needs of family, alcohol or drug abuse. Interviews by your command DAPA, Fitness Leader, Financial coordinator, Command Master Chief, Executive Officer and Commanding Officer. Applicants will have to complete an on line questionnaire that is designed to identify individuals that may encounter difficulty working with the public or sales. A third level of screening occurs face to face when the member arrives at the Navy Recruiting Orientation Unit.

Information Systems Technician Interview

I submitted an application online and I was contacted by a recruiter to see if I would be interested in being a sailor. He asked me questions related to IT specifically networking, SQL etc.

Direct Input Officer Nuclear Power Instructor (1210) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Navy.

Found out about opportunity to get paid E-6 or E-7 pay for up to 2.5 years while still a full time university student from Navy recruiter at college job fair. Met high GPA requirements, so applied. Went on familiarization trip to Naval Nuclear Power Training Command in South Carolina to see what Nuclear Power Instructors (Direct Input Officers) do. Got to talk to several current instructors to get their opinions and hear about their experiences. Went to Washington Navy Yard for 2-3 technical interviews and one brief personality interview with 4-star Admiral Director of Navy Nuclear Propulsion. Looking back after many years, everything went as promised.

Logistics Management Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Navy.

APPLIED THROUGH USAJOBS, submitted my resume and other supporting documentation, received and email that i have been referred to the hiring authority, they will contact me if an interview is required, after two weeks from that i was CALLED FOR INTERVIEW, and after the interview it took about 2 weeks I was offered the job.

NO NEGOTIATION

EOD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Navy in July 2014.

Looking for a lucrative position in Homeland Security. Would like to live in the contental United States. Have experience in counter Improvised Explosives Devices, Weapons of Mass Destruction, and Underwater Mine Counter Measures

Nuclear Electricians Mate Navy Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at US Navy.

Contacted by recruiter. Met with recruiter, took practice ASVAB test and discussed benefits and job options. Signed paperwork stating intent to enlist and enter Delayed Entry Program. Went to MEPS to verify medical and intellectual eligibility, as well as make final determination of rating. Questioned several times about whether or not I have ever done drugs.

Interview Questions
    Bonus is based on when openings are available.

Midshipman Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy.

The process is pretty standardized. SAT and ACT scores are a big component of acceptance. In addition, you must be physically fit and pass a medical examination. I highly advise you apply for NROTC scholarships in the spring of your Jr. year in high school. In addition, I would recommend applying for the school of your choice in the spring also. Early birds get the worm.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to join the military ?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation, pay scale and years of service determine pay.

Yeoman/E-5 Petty Officer Second Class (Submarines) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy.

A series of medical and physical examinations to see what you qualify for. The jobs listed are brief and a monetary amount was not indicated except for the fact that there is or isn't an incentive/bonus for that specific job.

Interview Questions
    Not hard at all. You select from a list of jobs that you qualify for.

Electronics Technician Interview

I spoke with a recruiter and took a pre-placement exam to determine what jobs I was eligible for. I ended up in the AECF program and chose to be an Electronics Technician after boot camp.

N/A