US Navy

382 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Aviation Electrician Interview

Aviation Electrician

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – Sign you name on the dotted line....if you qualify after taking the ASVAB test then you will have your choice of jobs, which the recruiter will go over with you. It's not a very lengthy process, but come armed with questions and possibly a friend or trusted person who has, recently, gone through the process themselves and will know what the recruiter is talking about. This will also not allow the recruiter/s to influence you into something you won't like or enjoy as a career in the Navy. Then you won't be one of the individuals who you'll hear saying, "my recruiter screwed me."

Interview Question – There are none. Just sign up and they'll take you!   Answer Question

Recruit Interview

Recruit
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at US Navy in August 2010.

Interview Details – Must be physically, morally, and mentally qualified. Must pass an ASVAB screening test with a 50 AFQT score or higher. Can no have any open court cases. Must meet height and weight standards.

Interview Question – Where do you want to do with your life?   Answer Question

Nuclear Electricians Mate Navy Interview

Nuclear Electricians Mate Navy

Interviewed at US Navy

Interview Details – Find a recruiters office, sign your name, take the test...pass. the initial test isnt that hard but the follow has a large portion of math and science that will trip most people up, but maintain focus and you'll be in the higher end of things

Interview Question – nuke school is way harder then anyone will ever tell you   Answer Question

Surface Warfare Officer - Nuclear Interview

Surface Warfare Officer - Nuclear

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – Applied to the Navy's Nuclear Propulsion Officer Candidate (NUPOC) Program through an officer recruiter after meeting said recruiter during a visit to my university. After a detailed application process, I was invited to Naval Reactors in Washington DC for a formal interview. This consisted first of technical interviews in the morning with two experienced engineers who had worked at NR for years. The more intimidating interview was in the afternoon, with the 4-star admiral in charge of the program.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was explaining a single unsatisfactory grade on my college transcript (for Differential Equations).   Answer Question

E-6 US Navy Interview

E-6 US Navy
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – Went to talk with recruiter, signed the paper work , went to MEPS, got medical review by a crazy doctor that must have come out of Cannon Ball Run, you know, the one who wanted to use the glove to check everyones' prostate, took a test, and I was off to boot camp.

Interview Question – Dealing with admin.   Answer Question

Interior Communications Electrician Interview

Interior Communications Electrician
Norfolk, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at US Navy in October 2010.

Interview Details – They do a detailed interview of your background including asking family and friends about you and what you do. They also look into body piercing and tattoos that you have and whether you have a police report or not.

Interview Question – What do you do in your spare time   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure you know what your contract is before you sign it.

E5 - Navy - Petty Officer Second Class Interview

E5 - Navy - Petty Officer Second Class

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – Took the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery in high school and was contacted by the recruiter. Went into the Delayed Entry Program for several months waiting for a spot in the Advanced Computer and Electronics Field to open up. During that time, I learned some Basic Military Requirements and did some physical training to automatically advance to E-2 out of recruit training.

Interview Question – They ask for pretty much every single document related to you so make sure you can dig those up.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

Interviewed at US Navy

Interview Details – standard entry program into the military out of High school. you will be entered into DEP and once your spot opens you will be sent to MEPS for entry processing paperwork and physicals. upon successful completion of this process you will be sent to boot camp.

Interview Question – Have you ever partook in the use of an illegal or controlled substance, or drank under the legal age.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – sign on the line!

Aerographers Mate First Class Interview

Aerographers Mate First Class
Brooklyn, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – The military hiring process is quite simple. Take a preliminary ASVAB test which checks for your educational standing. Height and weight is measured to note whether or not the candidate is within military standards. Brief interview is conducted with the recruiter to inquire about military life.

Interview Question – There are no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Electronics Technician Interview

Electronics Technician

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – You are required to take a physical fitness test, your ASVAB (which is not very hard), and tons of medical examinations including drug tests. You need to be very available to be able to meet with recruiters whenever they are ready.

Interview Question – There are not interview questions, they are simply looking for semi-intelligent people who are in shape.   Answer Question