US Navy Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.2

Steel Worker E5 Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 11+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Went to a navy recruiter. Do your own research before you let them rope you in. It is not a bad job but realize you are just a quota for a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used any drugs?   1 Answer

Sailor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a year or moreinterviewed at US Navy.

Interview

You must not have a criminal record or be in financial debt. You must be physically able to meet their requirements which are tested. You must pass an aptitude test (computer based) which both decides your eligibility and position.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Second Class Petty Officer Interview

Interview

Very easy to get in initially. Boot Camp for 10 weeks - if you make it through boot camp you're in. Talk to a recruiter initially and find out the details on the next steps. I thought I was going in for a different position, but was given the opportunity to join the US Navy. Everyone is helpful and wants you to succeed.

Negotiation

No negotiations

Interview

Wasn't hard at all. Just went to the Navy Recruiter's office and sat down with the recruiter and discussed the options avalable and what my intrests were. We discussed my job history and education. The recruiter let me know of all the benifits available like G.I Bill, TSP, SGLI and insentive pays for different programs.

E7 - Navy - Chief Petty Officer Interview

Interview

Easy interview-As long as you can pass a physical, the Navy will take you. Plenty of job options available depending on your ASVAB score. Eventually, when you're assigned to a submarine, you will face a lot of interviews for qualification boards, but on-the-job experience will fully prepare you.

Interview Questions

• Psychological screening in basic submarine training. You won't hear the results of it   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Interview

When you go enlisted it is pretty straightforward, you go talk to a recruiter. It helps to do a little researcher just in case the recruiter attempts to see you on a different navy rate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You have no negotiation

Rescue Swimmer Interview

Interview

The hireing process was easy, you have to pass the required physical exams to get a contract to go in as a rescue swimmer. then you have to go to aircrew school, sar school, C school, and fraq, the whole process takes about 1 1/2 years.

Negotiation

none

Senior Nurse Executive Interview

Interview

Apply to BUMEd Nurse Corps, multiple interview with directors at facility and also with XO and CO. Selection process lasted about 4 months. These positions are not very sought after in the Navy as they are difficult and there is really no incentive in monetary compensation. The Nurse Corps 06 pool of qualified candidates is small and few raise their hand to do he hard jobs.

Negotiation

No negotiation, it is the Navy

CTT Interview

Interview

Walked into a recruiting center, wanted to speak to the Army recruiter, got snagged up by the Navy recruiter, and after hearing all the Navy had to offer, decided to go with the Navy. This was, of course, before President Obama took office and destroyed/removed many of the benefits that newly enlisted could receive (so by the time I enlisted many of the benefits I had been offered we're no longer in effect). Took the ASVAB, scored very high, took a military intel rate, and now I'm basically a janitor with a clearance.

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation

LELT Interview

Interview

You must have experience and the supervisor confidence to handle this position as you will have the sole responsibility for this job. The senior management rarely has the experience or knowledge to give you assistance in making decisions for this role.

Interview Questions

• Why is "insert sailor name" doing this the way you have not taught him?   Answer Question