US Navy

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

2.3

Electronics Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at US Navy.

You are required to take a physical fitness test, your ASVAB (which is not very hard), and tons of medical examinations including drug tests. You need to be very available to be able to meet with recruiters whenever they are ready.

Interview Questions
    • There are not interview questions, they are simply looking for semi-intelligent people who are in shape.   Answer Question

E6 - Navy - Petty Officer, First Class Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy.

same as joining any branch of the military. there really was not a whole lot to it. you tell them you want to join fill out the paper work and then you are on your way to boot camp.

n/a

Naval Officer Interview

Morally, Mentally and Physically qualified . Test and Dr;s review. Long days, of hurry up and wait for next process to start. Some unexpected delays and trival testing requirement. Must have 5-10 years of addresses, names, phones, schools, work, and references to finish background check paperwork. Expect the process to drive you nuts and in most cases never finish when you expected. in the end it works out if you continue to push the recruiting staff.

Yeoman (Administration) Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Navy.

Score high on the Asvab and you are in. Exexcise while in DEP becuase you will need it once you set foot in boot camp. My recruiter was shraight forward with the exception of taking test while in boot camp.

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with someone who is not motivated to stay in the military   Answer Question

Deputy Director Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at US Navy.

1 month. Two interviews. Discussed the roles and responsibilities and biggest organizational challenges. Very comfortable atmosphere. Interviewer did his research on me and was ready. Interviewed extensively with senor associate (2 hours) and then only 30 minutes with the hiring manager.

Basic

Nuclear Electricians Mate Submariner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy.

Recruitment followed by boot camp must meet certain weight, health, and fitness standards. Must pass entrance exams and score determines position eligibility. Do your research prior to going to the recruiting office, their are many opportunities through ROTC programs.

Bonus and rank

E7 - Navy - Chief Petty Officer Interview

Start by finding a recruiter. After backround checks I had to take my asvab test to see what job I was qualified for. After given some options for jobs I chose to be an aircraft mechanic. I then got my physical at MEPS and went to bootcamp.

Seaman Interview

They asked me some questions which I answered. Then they made me do some jumping jacks and told me about sailing in the Navy. The recruiter was a pretty cool dude.

Submarine Warfare Officer Interview

You must be recruited by a Nuclear Programs Officer before commissioning and then pass a series of technical interviews with Naval Reactors Engineers in Washington, D.C.

Interview Questions
    • Physics, calculus, thermodynamics questions. Basic kinetics, kinematics, derivative & integral calculus.   Answer Question

SURTASS Operations Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Harbor, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Harbor, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at US Navy.

FEDJOBS.gov posting. Applied through FEDJOBS.gov, informed by phone of top 5 candidacy and emails to schedule 1 day of interviews. 30-45min face to face interview, then acoustic analysis exam. Interview was a panel/group with the CO, XO, Training Officer (point of contact for scheduling, etc.), and senior civilian. Standardized questions for all candidates, round-robin format for asking the questions. Positive atmosphere, enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions
    • First question caught me off guard and it shouldn't have: How does sound move through water?
      The rest were challenging, but enjoyable.

View Answer