US Navy

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Naval Officer Interview

Norfolk, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at US Navy in December 2011.

Interview Details – Naval Recruitment is a multi-faceted process including interviews, standardized tests and medical exams

Interview Question – "Why should you be a Naval Officer?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Very Easy Interview

Instructor Interview

Instructor
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Navy in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview for instructor was very easy. there are many qualifications that you must have such as security clearance, and the school job that you want to teach, plus, you must have plenty of experience to be considered a subject matter expert on the field that you are going to teach.

Interview Question – there are no difficult questions on this interview. only questions about your qualifications.   Answer Question

Counselor Interview

Interviewed at US Navy

Interview Details – The hiring process starts at the MEPS location. Please contact your local U.S. Navy detailer for the current recruitment requirements and job postings. You can always apply for other jobs or skill ratings after you complete the required time limits.

Interview Question – Everything is situational.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Gunners Mate Interview

Norfolk, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at US Navy in November 2009.

Interview Details – Is a complicated process with many forms and many copies to be made you go to a recruiter, than take an asvab educational abilities exam and then your rate is chosen for you depending on your scores

Interview Question – Are you prepared to give 120% to every waking hour to defend the population of the United States and defend the constitution of these united States   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was AQn intense and positive experience to be part of the US Military

Information Technology Specialist Interview

Information Technology Specialist
Norfolk, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at US Navy in July 2009.

Interview Details – Contact a local Navy Recruiter to set up and appointment to find out what the Navy has to offer and if you are qualified.

Interview Question – Don't be afraid to tell the recruiter about your past.   View Answer

Environmental Protection Specialist Interview

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Navy in March 2008.

Interview Details – It is very difficult to getthe specific job you want. You must enter the government workforce by recruitment, or possibly by someone you know. Once in, then you can begin to work on where you want to be.

Interview Question – What is an EMS?   View Answer

Naval Officer Interview

Norfolk, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 12 months - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – There are no interviews for officers like civilian positions use...the emphasis is on education and qualifications which Officer recruiters can provide greater details. For those being selected from the enlisted ranks, there are interviews that will cover various pertinent topics relative to career progression and responsibilities.

Interview Question – Situational questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Engineering Interview

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at US Navy in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was simply and relatively straight forward. You were asked some pretty standard behavioral questions followed by questions relating to the experiences mentioned on your resume. No gotcha's, no knowledge specific questions.

Interview Questions

Ops Manager Interview

Norfolk, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at US Navy in March 2011.

Interview Details – Met through recruiter, phone interview followed by onsite/group interview, then offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to make a tough decision.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Disliked the location

Contract Specialist Interview

Contract Specialist
Norfolk, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Navy in October 2009.

Interview Details – The Navy has had shortages in the acquisition career fields so since I already has experience in this area it was a matter of gettin gmy resume in front of the right people. It took me about a year of repeatedly applying and finally my resume was chosen by a person who was already a contracts specialist and found my resume through one of her friends. She referred me and then about a month later I received an interview.

Interview Question – There were questions about some Navy specific programs such as NECO, etc. There were also questions about the CCR, DUNS.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was fair. They came with an initial offer that I couldn't afford to accept and I graciously declined and they came back a month later with an offer that I could accept.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for US Navy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Navy interview questions and advice in Norfolk, VA. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by US Navy employees and interview candidates.