US Navy

Relevance Date Difficulty

Nuclear Engineer Interview

Nuclear Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at US Navy in January 2011.

Interview Details – Meet a recruiter on a college campus, had a quick 1 on 1 interview. After I sent them my transcripts, we set up an onsite interview. Gov't paid for everything. Onsite interview was 4 other candidates and we mostly just walking around the shipyard, talking to random people. Had a 1 on 1 with the 'boss-to-be' and a group interview with people who would be my coworkers.

All candidates had to then reapply online and go through usajobs.gov . After about 3 months, I got a phone call asking if I was still interested.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to work with non-engineers.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Boss-to-be seemed 'odd', didn't like that fact that I had to reapply online after being told onsite that I would have a job.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Difficult Interview

Nuclear Engineer Interview

Nuclear Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – Invited to DC to interview. Had technical interviews with three SESs and a final interview with the Director. The technical interviews were 45 minutes and largely focused on calculus and physics problems, but there was also a good amount of time spent in discussion. There is a fit process going on throughout the whole interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you showed leadership? Some of my answer sounded like management to him, so I had to refine mid-course to focus on the leadership side.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at US Navy

Worked for US Navy? Contribute to the Community!

US Navy Videos

US Navy – Why Work for Us?

A Life-Changing Opportunity Waiting It’s not just the world-class training, competitive salary, generous benefits and opportunities to earn an advanced education. It’s more than the immense responsibilities Navy… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Navy Nuclear Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by US Navy employees and interview candidates.