US Navy

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Nuclear Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy in January 2011.

Meet a recruiter on a college campus, had a quick 1 on 1 interview. After I sent them my transcripts, we set up an onsite interview. Gov't paid for everything. Onsite interview was 4 other candidates and we mostly just walking around the shipyard, talking to random people. Had a 1 on 1 with the 'boss-to-be' and a group interview with people who would be my coworkers.

All candidates had to then reapply online and go through usajobs.gov . After about 3 months, I got a phone call asking if I was still interested.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time when you had to work with non-engineers.   Answer Question

Boss-to-be seemed 'odd', didn't like that fact that I had to reapply online after being told onsite that I would have a job.

Other Interview Reviews for US Navy

Nuclear Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at US Navy.

Invited to DC to interview. Had technical interviews with three SESs and a final interview with the Director. The technical interviews were 45 minutes and largely focused on calculus and physics problems, but there was also a good amount of time spent in discussion. There is a fit process going on throughout the whole interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you showed leadership? Some of my answer sounded like management to him, so I had to refine mid-course to focus on the leadership side.   Answer Question