US Navy

Updated Aug 10, 2014

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy.

Must possess a crystal clean record (medically, legally)
Pass 2-3 hours of Technical Interview (Math, physics)
Pass 5-10 minute Personal Interview (4-Star Admiral of the Nuclear Navy
Graduate Officer Candidate School (Physical and Academic Training)
Graduate Nuclear Power School (Classroom - 6months)
Graduate Nuclear Prototype (Practical - 6 months)
Graduate Submarine School ( Classroom and practical - 10 weeks)

No negotiations, you take what they offer or you walk.

Other Interview Reviews for US Navy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Navy in October 2010.

An initial accessions interview will occur, typically in college, through a recruiter. The interview is technical, focused on basic engineering concepts. Very simple. Recommendations are made to the Director of Naval Reactors, who will interview you briefly, asking only a question of two. This is usually a formality, as he will read your file prior to you coming in and most likely have already decided before you even sit down! My interview with the Director lasted maybe 5 minutes. The previous interviews, from two different engineers, lasted about 30 minutes each.

This occurs in Washington, D.C. at the Navy Yard. They will cover transportation and lodging.

Interview Questions
    • The technical interviews were simple. I am a Electrical Engineer, so he gave me a circuit with series and parallel branches and had me solve for various qualtities. The other interview was physics based and a pretty simple free-body diagram, solving various items.

My NROTC advisor prepared me pretty well, so the interviews were pretty simple.

Answer Question
    None. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Navy in January 2008.

I was in school at USNA and was told that i was not going to be a surface warfare officer and i had an interview with ADM Do

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation, they tell you you are hired and that's it. standardized pay.