US Navy

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at US Navy in October 2010.

Interview Details – An initial accessions interview will occur, typically in college, through a recruiter. The interview is technical, focused on basic engineering concepts. Very simple. Recommendations are made to the Director of Naval Reactors, who will interview you briefly, asking only a question of two. This is usually a formality, as he will read your file prior to you coming in and most likely have already decided before you even sit down! My interview with the Director lasted maybe 5 minutes. The previous interviews, from two different engineers, lasted about 30 minutes each.

This occurs in Washington, D.C. at the Navy Yard. They will cover transportation and lodging.

Interview Question – The technical interviews were simple. I am a Electrical Engineer, so he gave me a circuit with series and parallel branches and had me solve for various qualtities. The other interview was physics based and a pretty simple free-body diagram, solving various items.

My NROTC advisor prepared me pretty well, so the interviews were pretty simple.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Take it or leave it.

Very Difficult Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – Must possess a crystal clean record (medically, legally)
Pass 2-3 hours of Technical Interview (Math, physics)
Pass 5-10 minute Personal Interview (4-Star Admiral of the Nuclear Navy
Graduate Officer Candidate School (Physical and Academic Training)
Graduate Nuclear Power School (Classroom - 6months)
Graduate Nuclear Prototype (Practical - 6 months)
Graduate Submarine School ( Classroom and practical - 10 weeks)

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, you take what they offer or you walk.

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at US Navy in January 2008.

Interview Details – I was in school at USNA and was told that i was not going to be a surface warfare officer and i had an interview with ADM Do

Interview Question – What would i do to improve my grades   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, they tell you you are hired and that's it. standardized pay.

Worked for US Navy? Contribute to the Community!