US Navy

Relevance Date Difficulty

E8 - Navy - Senior Chief Petty Officer Interview

E8 - Navy - Senior Chief Petty Officer
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Navy in September 2010.

Interview Details – First, you have to be atleast a high school graduate. Once you have attained your diploma, you will have to see a recruiter who will administer the ASVAB test to see which job you will most qualify for. If you are accepted you will have to attend bootcamp which is approximately 2 months long to get indoctrinated into the Navy way of life.

Interview Question – Be truthful when answering any questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was fairly easy. I just had to do my part and pass the school for the job I selected.

E-6 US Navy Interview

E-6 US Navy
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – Went to talk with recruiter, signed the paper work , went to MEPS, got medical review by a crazy doctor that must have come out of Cannon Ball Run, you know, the one who wanted to use the glove to check everyones' prostate, took a test, and I was off to boot camp.

Interview Question – Dealing with admin.   Answer Question

Aviation Support Equipment Technician Interview

Aviation Support Equipment Technician
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at US Navy in October 2011.

Interview Details – take a test results will determine you opportunities. The test is worth studding for if you want more opportunities. Recruiting is high pressure with promises that may or may not be kept. The medical exam is quick and easy taking 1 full day. If there is a problem in any area they have waivers so don't let a complication stop you from trying

Interview Question – how is Navy leadership?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – high pressure lots of promises will be made but its up to you to keep them accountable to those promises

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

FC2/E5 Interview

FC2/E5
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at US Navy in October 2010.

Interview Details – see recruiter, have a clean background and dont do drugs.

Senior IT Manager Interview

Senior IT Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – The interview process is standard. Applications are taken through the USAJOBS website and initial contact is via e-mail from a Regional human resources agent. The HR folks do a pre-screen and vet resumes for basic qualifications. Those found qualified for the position are forwarded to the hiring authority.

An appointment was scheduled by the hiring authority.

The interview itself was straightforward. No trick questions. No games. Just basic interview stuff. A simple internet search of common interview questions will adequately prepare a person- so long as they possess the requisite skills to perform the work.

Interview Question – Again, there were no real hard questions, the most challenging one might have been: Please describe your two greatest strengths and your two biggest weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There are no negotiations. Pay is based on the federal government pay scale.

Recruit Interview

Recruit
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at US Navy in April 2010.

Interview Details – You take the asvab, have a high school diploma and a heartbeat

Animal Care and Training Internship Interview

Animal Care and Training Internship
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at US Navy in June 2013.

Interview Details – It took a total of around a month and a half, to hear back to find out if I wanted to move along with interview rounds/find out if I was even being considered. Add on an additional half month to wait to see if they select you. They interview a season ahead, so during December for instance, intern spots for jan-may are already selected, as internships run over a 4 month period. Phone interviews are the preferred interview method and almost always used, and are highly convenient.

Interview Questions

• Why should we pick you over other applicants?   View Answer
  • What are your back-up plans if you don't get this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No pay, this is a volunteer opportunity that can very well lead to full time paying contract job, which is not negotiable to my understanding.

Machinists Mate Interview

Machinists Mate
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – No interview. Take the ASFAB (general test to check your skills and basic knowledge) and if you score high enough, then take the Nuclear Field entry exam.

Negotiation Details – None.

Hospital Corpsman Interview

Hospital Corpsman
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at US Navy.

Interview Details – See recruiter, take an ASVAB test to find your occupational aptitude, conduct a medical physical, pass basic training (boot camp) and advanced schooling.

Interview Question – Have you ever been arrested? Have you ever used illegal substances? Are you married?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Standard pay scale.

Nuclear Electrician's Mate Interview

Nuclear Electrician's Mate
San Diego, CA

I interviewed at US Navy in February 2008.

Interview Details – See your recruiter

Interview Question – have you done drugs   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – sign on the dotted line

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for US Navy? Contribute to the Community!

US Navy Videos

US Navy – Why Work for Us?

A Life-Changing Opportunity Waiting It’s not just the world-class training, competitive salary, generous benefits and opportunities to earn an advanced education. It’s more than the immense responsibilities Navy… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Navy interview questions and advice in San Diego, CA. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by US Navy employees and interview candidates.