US Navy

2.6

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Naval Aviator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Navy.

First, get selected as an officer, via Naval Academy, NROTC, or post-college graduation officer candidate school (see a recruiter). You'll have to have done very well in school and be in great physical condition, and have an aptitude for aviation (per a written aptitude test). This will hopefully get you selected for U.S. Navy flight school. THEN, study hard, be mature and tolerant of stress, treat every day/flight like a final exam, then you'll graduate and earn your Naval Aviator flight wings

Interview Questions
    • Are you prepared to commit to 8 years of active service in the U.S. Navy, after the 2-3 years of flight school?   View Answer

E-6 US Navy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Navy.

Went to talk with recruiter, signed the paper work , went to MEPS, got medical review by a crazy doctor that must have come out of Cannon Ball Run, you know, the one who wanted to use the glove to check everyones' prostate, took a test, and I was off to boot camp.

Senior IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy.

The interview process is standard. Applications are taken through the USAJOBS website and initial contact is via e-mail from a Regional human resources agent. The HR folks do a pre-screen and vet resumes for basic qualifications. Those found qualified for the position are forwarded to the hiring authority.

An appointment was scheduled by the hiring authority.

The interview itself was straightforward. No trick questions. No games. Just basic interview stuff. A simple internet search of common interview questions will adequately prepare a person- so long as they possess the requisite skills to perform the work.

Interview Questions
    • Again, there were no real hard questions, the most challenging one might have been: Please describe your two greatest strengths and your two biggest weaknesses.   Answer Question
    There are no negotiations. Pay is based on the federal government pay scale.

Machinists Mate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at US Navy.

No interview. Take the ASFAB (general test to check your skills and basic knowledge) and if you score high enough, then take the Nuclear Field entry exam.

None.

Hospital Corpsman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at US Navy.

See recruiter, take an ASVAB test to find your occupational aptitude, conduct a medical physical, pass basic training (boot camp) and advanced schooling.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been arrested? Have you ever used illegal substances? Are you married?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Standard pay scale.

Animal Care and Training Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Navy in June 2013.

It took a total of around a month and a half, to hear back to find out if I wanted to move along with interview rounds/find out if I was even being considered. Add on an additional half month to wait to see if they select you. They interview a season ahead, so during December for instance, intern spots for jan-may are already selected, as internships run over a 4 month period. Phone interviews are the preferred interview method and almost always used, and are highly convenient.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we pick you over other applicants?   View Answer
    • What are your back-up plans if you don't get this position?   View Answer
    No pay, this is a volunteer opportunity that can very well lead to full time paying contract job, which is not negotiable to my understanding.

Sailor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

there was no interview as it's a government job. see a recruiter, tell him you want to sign up and he'll be more than willing to accept your billet.

Enlistment In the Navy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Navy in June 2012.

You must take an ASVAB test, be medically cleared, and have almost no law enforcement or drug violations

no negotiation.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Navy in May 2012.

I applied for a position as a senior navy / marine service sales engineer. based upon experience I was offered a position but the salary was not competitive with another offer. I declined the offer and chose to go with the previous offer.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Navy in February 2012.

Very good