US Oncology

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Senior Data Analyst
The Woodlands, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 months - interviewed at US Oncology in February 2012.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the Hiring Manager in early Feb 2012 who then told the recruiting firm that they would hire me when next quarter begins in April, as they had no budget until next quarter began.

The Manager told me to keep in touch and check in every month, but its been over 5 months now and "apparently" the company is still ramping up for the hiring process.

My advice is to never interview with a company that has no budget for hiring or is unsure of a timeline for hiring.

The Hiring Manager and the company has no proper plans about setting up a new Data Warehouse. They never got back to me with an answer about the outcome, not even to the Staffing Agency.

Interview Question – how would you select common rows between two tables, what is a left outer join? What is the structure of a pl sql block?   View Answer

Account Specialist - Customer Care Interview

Account Specialist - Customer Care
The Woodlands, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at US Oncology in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the job online, though one of my parents does work far removed from this position in the company, I still got the call of my own merits--before my parent's "favors" were ever called in. I received a call from one of the members of the team I would be working on (who it turns out was the person I'd be replacing). She gave me a brief phone screen, why I was looking, explaining about the position, etc. That evening, she sent me an Excel skills exercise, writing exercises and several pages of behavioral and situational interview questions. They were looking to move quickly to fill the position, so I turned everything in the next day and she called to schedule an interview the next afternoon.

At the onsite manager I met with Girl 1, another Team Member, and the Supervising manager. Basic interview questions, and some personal things as they were really looking for a good "personality fit" for their tight-knit team that sort of stands alone, functionally, in the company.

The next day, the HR specialst (first time I'd heard from HR!) called to offer me the position. I accepted, but asked to negotiate a little bit on Salary and possibly relocation help. Also to negotiate start date because I would have to relocate and they had asked me to start in 13 days. See "Why I declined offer" -- srince there is no choice for HR and Manager got their wires crossed and then went on radio silence for a week and then retracted my offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in your personal or professional life where you have had to deal with conflict with a customer and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
  • Given a set of raw data in MS Excel, prepare both an internal report and and external report regarding the status of this customer account.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The HR specialist took my requests to the hiring manager, and some feelings got hurt. Apparently, the hiring manager was insisting that she had made a firm salary offer to me during the interview (not true--we only talked "range"). I apologized for the confusion and the recruiter and I agreed to take 24 hours and regroup. I did really want the position. 24 hours and a couple of messages later left with HR's voicemail and I haven't heard an answer back at all. EDIT until today when I got a curt email from HR retracting my offer. Meanwhile I got a better offer elsewhere, so good riddance.

Regualtory Specialist Interview

Regualtory Specialist
Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at US Oncology in June 2011.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview, then had a 1 on 1 interview about 2 weeks later. And will not hear anything back for a few weeks. Met with five people.

Interview Question – What may be the most challenging thing about working here?   Answer Question

IT Interview

IT
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at US Oncology in January 2008.

Interview Details – Pretty casual. Did not need too much prep. Helps to know someone in there. The phone interview was pretty easy, but the 1on1 and group interview lasted over 4 hours. The office is located about 30 miles from downtown so make sure if you want to work there it is advisable that you live in one of the north suburbs

Interview Question – Why do u want to work here.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Berkeley, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at US Oncology in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was to the point. one phone interview and 2 1:1 interviews.
No body cared about other BS. Asked questions on my prior experience and to the point. Extreamly smart and intelligent people. Waiting to work for them

Interview Question – Why would to like to join a health care company when you had zippo experience in this industry?   View Answer

Recruiter I Interview

Recruiter I
The Woodlands, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at US Oncology in April 2010.

Interview Details – I saw the position advertised for a few months on CareerBuilder. I met all the listed criteria and applied online. No response, per my expectations. Did a little better research, found the recruiting e-mail address, e-mailed my resume. Received a phone call that week wanting to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was with an HR Assistant, I believe, and it definitely revealed why they are having difficulty filling the position. She kept asking me to repeat my answers, as there was too much background noise on her end. She also kept giggling through the entire conversation. All the questions were targeted towards requisition volume - how many positions have I filled and how fast. I explained that I worked for a much smaller employer and so metrics would have to be translated accordingly - this was apparently lost on her. I finally asked if I could e-mail the information she wanted - so she sent me an e-mail explaining the information she was looking for. I provided it and she still did not understand it. At this point, I was continuing the process out of pure curiosity - had they asked for an in person interview, I would have declined. I guess I was too confusing in my communication - when I did follow up I received a "thanks but no thanks" response. Then, two days later, I received a phone call from an HR person in Dallas wanting to know if anyone had followed up on my resume???? I guess too many cooks in the kitchen and very little communication. I was unimpressed, and the position is STILL being adverstised for, so I guess they still have not filled it. Big surprise!

Interview Question – Do you really know what the full life-cycle recruiting process is?   View Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Houston, TX

The process took 2 months - interviewed at US Oncology in October 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed several times with several different departments. They called my references only to not be offered the position. I did not receive any follow up from HR regarding the positions after sending e-mails and phone calls. Very unprofessional.

Interview Question – The questions were standard   Answer Question

Dosimetrist Interview

Dosimetrist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at US Oncology in March 2009.

Interview Details – The situation: when the rad. therapist deliver your treatment plan to the some patient, but he did not understand your instructions on proper way and he made mistake. Q: How you would prevent this misunderstanding?!
Answer: I would make sure to be present for 1st set up in the complicated treatment plans, and make sure that the therapist will do wright thing!!!

Interview Questions

Laboratory Technician Interview

Laboratory Technician

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at US Oncology.

Interview Details – Faxed my resume in response to an add in local paper. This was technically 1 year before this smaller company was acquired by US oncology. Got a phone call invitation to interview in about 2 days.
I was pretty easy and straight forward. I could see they need people in the lab, and the lab manager who had quite a few cat hairs on her scrubs explained that too many take the job and balk at how busy it is. So if you're expecting a leisurely pace, keep looking.
The interview was on Friday and I was asked to start on Monday.

Interview Question – Explain frequent changes / gaps in employment history.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't need to as they offered predictable wages and I was ok with that.

Very Difficult Interview

Vice President Interview

Vice President

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at US Oncology in August 2011.

Interview Details – Very good references and extensive job history. Related experience a must.

Interview Question – Provide a detailed explanation of most resent responsibilities and provide examples of successful implementation and results.   Answer Question

Worked for US Oncology? Contribute to the Community!