US Patent and Trademark Office
US Patent and Trademark Office Patent Examiner At US Patent and Trademark Office Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Patent Examiner (80)
- Junior Patent Examiner (13)
- Engineering (2)
- Patent Examiner - Chemical Engineering (2)
- Design Patent Examiner (2)
- Design Pattern Office (1)
- Attorney-advisor, Trademarks (1)
- Patent Examiner (Mechanical Engineering) (1)
- Process Manufacturing Engineer (1)
- Patent Examiner (Mechanical Engineer) (1)
- Trademark Attorney (1)
- Primary Patent Examiner (1)
- Patent Examiner At US Patent and Trademark Office (1)
- Electrical Engineer Patent Examiner (1)
- Visual Information Specialist (1)
- Biologist (1)
- Info Tech Specialist (1)
- Legal (1)
- Pharmacology (1)
- Senior Attorney (1)
- Patent Agent (1)
Patent Examiner At US Patent and Trademark Office Interview (Positive Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied online and the process took 6+ months - interviewed at US Patent and Trademark Office in November 2012.
Interview Details – I applied through usajobs.gov and got email for interview after the 4 weeks of closing date (August 28,2012) and got called in after 4 weeks (December 19, 2012).
Position: Patent Examiner - Electrical Engineer
Interview Question – "What do you know about the USPTO, what it does and its goals?"
"Describe a situation when you received constructive criticism and how did you handle it" Answer
"Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer"
"Give an example of a time when you had to make a persuasive argument, how did you accomplish it and what was the outcome"
"Describe a time when you had to do extensive technical research and had to write a technical report" Answer Question
Negotiation Details – No negotiation
Interviews for Top Jobs at US Patent and Trademark Office