US Postal Service CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2014

2.1

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at US Postal Service in March 2013.

The hiring process was very simplistic for my position only because it is a very demanding, dangerous, life changing experience with no benefits. The system is built on carriers and the management treats you less than a person.

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

I applied online - interviewed at US Postal Service.

The postal service has no interview processes. The way a person is hired is through a series of tests. The original tests were conducted in person with about 500 other people and would that take about 5 hours to compete. Now the testing is conducted online. The tests and application are accessible online throughout the postal service website www.usps.com. There are now interviews included in the hiring process, which are conducted by the HR department.

Interview Questions
    • I am not sure what questions are associated with testing process, but if it is remotely close to to the written test it will ask things associated with numbers, and comparing house numbers and addresses.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation phase, everyone is hired at the same level of pay which is consistent with the position hired for.

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

I applied online. The process took a year or more - interviewed at US Postal Service.

It may be different now but when I signed up I had to sign up to take a test that gave you a score and the interviews and hiring was determined somewhat based on the score of the test, whole process took over a year between first applying for the test and actually getting an interview. The hiring took over a month after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The toughest part about getting hired would probably be keeping a clean driving record. I have one, and if you don't it might keep you from getting hired because driving is a large part of what a carrier does.   Answer Question
    Nothing is negotiable, everything is based on set pay, unchangeable work hours (pretty much everything is at the management's discretion regarding work schedule) and if you're unable to work any day of the week that isn't sunday, you will pretty much exclude yourself from the hiring pool.

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

to begin with this is done by computer. You must answer emails as they come in or you will be taken off the list. Interviews are pretty laid back. Hiring process can take some time depending on how quick the need and if they (USPS) decides to freeze hiring like they have done from time to time.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you understand the physical demands of the job. Safety is utmost a concern.   Answer Question
    Pay is on a pay scale unless you are requesting a "contract" position and then low-bid always wins.

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at US Postal Service.

Take civil service test, interview, placement in temp position and what for carrier slot to open up.

Interview Questions
    • Are you afraid of dogs? Do you mind working in inclement weather? Is carrying heavy objects a problem? Can you be punctual, timely, and efficient? Can you work six days a week 8-10 hours a day?   View Answer
    None

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at US Postal Service.

It took a while between the time that I took the test to the time that I was interviewed. It was about a year and four months. The higher you score on the test the quicker you would get called in for an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online - interviewed at US Postal Service.

The hiring process takes about three week. You take a computer test, a background test, and a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was a group interview. Where they lecture you for about two hours on how hard the job is. Then you get individual interviews. They don't ask anything hard. I asked more Questions then the interviewer.   View Answer
    none you get what they give you

CITY LETTER CARRIER Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at US Postal Service.

you need to take the civil service exam. even if you not currently looking for employment it never hurts to take the test and have scores on file. It take a while for you to ever be called but if you have scores on file then when an interview is given then you may have a chance, not test taken your name will not be called.

Interview Questions
    • questions are not difficult or unexpected, very basic questions and answers   Answer Question
    there is not negotaition

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at US Postal Service in June 2011.

Lengthy, Drug Testing, Fingerprints, Online Test, Computer Test at designated location,Group Interview

Interview Questions
    There's no negotiation. You either want the job or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sterling Heights, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

I applied in-person - interviewed at US Postal Service.

It takes a while but be patient and polite.

There was none

Worked for US Postal Service? Contribute to the Community!